MAC Patisserie

PatisseriePatisseriePatisserieMAC LustresMAC Patisserie

4.3

on 6/17/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've had this lipstick for years and have been repurchasing it like crazy. I have multiple tubes of this in all of my backpacks and purses, that's how much I love the colour and finish of this. I have MAC NC15-20 skin depending on the time of year, and this works as the perfect MLBB shade that goes with every look. It doesn't matter what eyeshadow or blush you'll have on, because this really is your lips but better. I would describe Patisserie as a pearlized, lightish neutral pink with a hint of brown. The only thing I don't like about this and why I don't consider it as a holy grail product is that it's pretty drying on my lips. It doesn't hydrate them at all, and I always find that 2 hours later, my lips become parched and has a tendency to become crusty—yes, even with prep! :/ It does have good staying power, but I'd rather have my lips not be so dry when I wear it. Peach Blossom is a pinker version of this and Shanghai Spice is preacher, which are both from MAC and are Cremesheen finishes as opposed to this Lustre finish.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shade is an almost perfect match for my natural lip color, only with a hint more color. It's perfect for a natural, subtle look, and for that reason I wear it at least a couple times a week. It's a very neutral pink, not super light but not dark at all. Not brown, but not baby pink either. No warm peach or coral tones to it and no cool gray or purple tones either. It's the absolute perfect natural shade when you can't decide which lipstick to wear because all your other colors are "too" something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I hadn't waited so long to try Patisserie. Recently I got on a kick where I was looking for suitable nude colors for myself. I don't know why, as I am NW10-15 with pigmented lips, and it's a very tough task. Many nudes on me are too orange, too brown, too concealer-looking, or aren't even really nude but are just pink. But for whatever reason I picked up this and Too Face La Creme lipstick in Nude Beach (I love that one, too, and wrote a review of it as well).

Patisserie, to my surprise, works well on me. MAC's site describes it as "sheer creamy neutral pink". It's a lustre formula but feels a little sheerer and a bit more creamy than other lustres I have owned. I would describe the color, however, as a peachy pink nude. There are some glitter/shimmer particles in it, so I think the actual color might pull slightly differently on people depending on the pigmentation of your lips. I have never noticed large garish particles on my lips or face, but I think it might depend on application.

Lasting time is tolerable, maybe a few hours, but it won't last all day and will probably come off (though maybe not entirely) with eating or drinking. It has the typical MAC vanilla scent/taste.

Overall, I would repurchase as so few nudes work well on me. I think this will likely work on many people of many different skintones, but it's probably best to try it out first.

on 12/27/2015 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Just a gorgeous neutral pink with a soft shine. This is what I wanted mac angel to be, but I'm warm and medium skin toned so angel and creme cup looked waaaay too light and blue toned on me. Patisserie is not too light or opaque so it goes on like a soft pink glaze. It lets your natural lip shade peak through in a nice way since it's not opaque. I have pigmented lips and still this lipstick fades gracefully. I will say this doesnt last long, maybe 2 or 3 hours. But color and texture wise this is the perfect everyday lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I'm on this "natural" kick right now. I'm liking more neutral, natural shades and textures in all my makeup. This lipstick does that perfectly.
It's a Luster so it's sheer and shiny. You can build it up a little, but it'll never be a heavy looking like mattes can look. It's like a lipstick and gloss in one. Because of this, longevity isn't great but frankly I don't care. I'm fine with reapplying. It doesn't fade weird and leave a ring either.
The shade is a warm nude. It's not orange and it's not brown either. It's on the dark end of light in color depth. Creme de nude makes me look dead. And Twig is too dark. This a nice in between but still on the light side. It's close to a MLBB shade, maybe a hair browner and more muted.
This is a lipstick you can wear if you have on no make up or a full face with crazy dramatic eyes. It can live in your purse and be applied without a mirror. It's easy, goes with anything. Exactly what I want right now.

I am not a lipstick fan, I just don't think that lipsticks in general suit me, but I thought I could give this lipstick a try... It is a beautiful, creamy lipstick that gives just a hint of colour, I find that is perfect for work, you don't have to be careful when you apply it and it feels so hydrating on the lips (although I like applying it on top of lip balm). If you are like me and you are looking for a "non-lipstick" lipstick, give patisserie a try!

on 4/9/2015 1:08:00 PM

A lovely MLBB lipstick for my pigmented lips. It does not pale me out. Two things I do not like about MAC's lipstick collection is that their gorgeous lustre shades are not very dupeable in other formulas in their line such as amplified or cremesheen, and unfortunately lustre dries my lips out in a sad parched way. Another thing that I did not notice until I got home was that there are glitter particles in this lipstick that migrate unlike any other l/s I've ever had from MAC before. Quite atrocious, but it is not 'too' noticeable and is tolerable for me. May not be the case for everyone. Would not repurchase.

on 5/3/2015 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Such a pretty pink/nude. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/18/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I knew this one had some shimmer in it, but I thought it was going to be more like syrup which has very fine glitter that makes it look wet. This makes my lips and chin look like a disco ball! It's so full of chunky gold glitter that I could use it to exfoliate my lips. I'm thinking of returning it because I can't imagine anyone wearing this and am thinking it's a bad one?

EDIT:
I finally decided that the Patisserie I purchased may have been a bad one and bought another. The one I have now is a flattering my lips but better sheer nude with a hint of shimmer that is in no way overdone. My apologies if anyone didn't try this nice lipstick because of my previous bad review.

My score reflects the poor quality control at MAC only. The lipstick is a favorite.

on 6/14/2015 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have found my new MAC staple lipstick that I can't live without! I bought this the other day on a whim and have found that it is a perfect peachy-nude color for me for summer! I've tried wearing it with and without setting spray/powder and love it. It lasts and feels creamy. I usually don't go for the lustre finish from MAC, but I'm glad I made the exception for this one.