Buxom Lips - Dominique

Buxom Lips  - Dominique

4.3

on 8/6/2018 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with all of the Buxom lip glosses, I am IN LOVE with this one! I wanted a clear gloss that would last on my lips, and it seems finding a cruelty-free* option for straight-up clear wasn't going to happen. All the ones I swatched at Ulta were super runny and thin. I don't like having to constantly reapply, so I figured I'd check this shade out in the Buxom range since I know these glosses tend to have the stickiness that I love. And honestly, I'm so glad I found this shade and went with it over a regular clear gloss!

The shimmers and sparkles in this are pretty noticeable, but not so dense that it makes the gloss appear white or frosty. There's enough clear going on to give that glassy look, but in the right light, the glitters twinkle in the prettiest, most alluring way, especially in the sunlight. It just adds a lovely dimension to an otherwise clear gloss.

The formula is consistent with the lip polishes in this range; it's thick, sticky, mega hydrating, and long-lasting. I know the stickiness may be a killer for some, but I enjoy it as it doesn't slide around or feather outside my lip line. I don't buy into the lip plumping gloss hype, since hydrated lips will always look more plump than parched lips, but with how hydrating this gloss is, it truly makes my lips look plush and healthy. Even well after the gloss has finally worn off, my lips look pillowy and kissable.

The packaging is gorgeous and sturdy, as usual. And the price at $20 is about what I'd expect to pay for a higher end gloss.

I will always repurchase from this range as long as it's being manufactured and sold!

*Buxom is a cruelty-free company, however their parent company, Shiseido, is not. Some may be bothered by this, but I prefer to take the stance that it's important to purchase from ANY company that refuses to test on animals, as it sends a message to other companies (including their parent companies) that there is a demand for it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

One of my favorite glosses ever! The clear gloss doesn't look plain at all and it's so very tingly, it's awesome. I layered this on top of MAC Lipstick in Crosswires and it was the most beautiful glossy coral lip. A bit much for every day, but if you want a glossy, show-stopper of a coral lip, that's a good way to achieve that look. Get it!

on 11/28/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this and it's my first Buxom Lip Polish and I absolutely love it! I got it because I couldn't decide on a shade I liked and they were all out of Isabella when I went. I figured I could put this on top of matte lipsticks and lip stains that I owned, and that since they advertised it as going on top of their lip sticks that that would work fine for me. It looks great and glittery on me clear, but too juvenile so I put a little hint of color on before I layer this on and it looks like one of the original or diamond glosses they have. I will be buying this again since I can layer it on top of my drugstore lip sticks/stains and even some glosses to add sparkle if I dab lightly. This one doesn't have a spongey applicator but has a brush. I find the brush fine, especially great for layering. Dominique is probobly essential for any Buxom Lips fan. ^_^

on 10/12/2009 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like Dominique in the fact that it's a pretty low-key shade - clear with glitter. I like Buxoms in general - I own about 15 of them. The only thing I don't care for about the "Diamond" collection is that you can kinda feel the glittery and it's not as satiny and smooth as the others.

I originally got this gloss in the Diamond collection and BE brought out a few years back and I loved it sooo very much. When I saw that it was being sold as a single I thought that it would maybe be a limited edition and bought 5 back-ups just in case. This is a wonderful clear gloss with added sparklies. The tingly sensation is just right and well it is just an overall great gloss. I even like to put BE blush into the tube to create my own unique gloss color which is great to play with. I love this product and this color in particular is just amazing!

on 2/11/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this plumper! The tingle lasts for quite a long time. Adds some pink to the lips to make the sheer glittery color of the gloss look even better.

Of course I would love for it to tingle more, but it does plump a little.

The scent is great too. Feels cool/tingly BUT has a vanilla scent. makes me want to add vanilla frangrance/flavor oils to the other plumpers I have.

Price is great too. Didn't want to drop $50 on Lip Fusion and Lip Injection made my lips bright red. This one is by far best for me.

on 12/9/2008 11:57:00 PM

I am on my 3rd tube of this and I usually prefer lipstick! But this fun and happy sparkle gloss that smells like candy adds pizzazz to plain lips, lip-lined lips, lipsticked lips. I love the glitter ( though it does look a little chunky when you look up close, but you do not feel it) and it is so so so magically shiny! Sticks, stays put, and tingles for hours, yes hours. Kind of refreshing in a weird way. ( I had to get used to that sensation and now I do like it). I dont notice a plumping action but the thick shine does give the illusion of fullness. I think it would work beautifully on everyone's lips and everyone's skin color.
And FYI... I do have 2 tubes, one that I don't mind using over other colors ( because when you do,+the colors get on the brush and then into the Dominique ) and then the other tube I use just by itself ( so this Dominique doesn't get altered by whatever other lipstick is on the brush)
It is a wonderful bit of sparkle for those light moments!

on 11/11/2008 6:41:00 AM

Love this! So pretty and sparkly but, I don't get much graininess with mine which is good, this looks gorgeous with a dark smoky eye.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received the Dominique deluxe sample from a very generous swapper. I should preface my review by stating I'm not into glosses too much; I'm more of a matte lipstick kinda girl. Anywho, when I pulled the wand from the tube, my instant reaction to the strong scent was "Ew, Carmex!" I tried it anyway. I'm glad I did! Dominique is a clear gloss with a bit of sparkle that goes on very smoothly. It has great lasting power without being tacky or gloopy. I don't get the graininess or excessive glitter- maybe I just lucked out with my tube! I love the feeling on my lips. It's very cool, refreshing, and lasts as long as the gloss does, and then some (sometimes I get a tingly surprise from the water bottle I leave in my fridge!). It does not sting like Lip Venom. I've since swapped for another tube in Lana and I love that, too.

In my experience, these glosses don't plump the lips; I have yet to find a product that does. However, they go on so nicely that your lips look juicy and succulent anyway. I'm giving four lippies instead of five due to the lack of plumping and the steep price, but these are still great glosses. Highly recommended (if you couldn't tell).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I can’t decide if I really like or dislike this. I’m yet another reviewer who got a free deluxe sample from Sephora. I love the tingly sensation… it’s like the feeling of Burt’s Bees beeswax lip balm, except this tingles for even longer! (BB: 5 minute tingle, BE: 1 hour tingle). I dunno why, but I really, really like the feeling. I like the sweet vanilla cakey smell and cute packaging, as well. Does it make my lips bigger? I don’t notice a difference, but then again I already have full lips, so maybe the effect would be more noticeable on those with thin lips. The texture is a bit grainy and a lot sticky. There are big, huge, gigantic chunks of glitter… no fine shimmers here, people. If I smack my lips, I can see the glitters migrating towards my cupid’s bow and up onto the skin outside of my lip line… uh oh.. so this is not for compulsive lip smacking girls. So… I don’t really care for the product itself that much but I do love that tingly feeling. Since I love the tingle, I might repurchase this product in one of the colour versions... I'm not a fan of clear glosses in general, so as for “Dominique”, it’s a no-go for me.. however I am glad I chose this as my freebie:) I LOVE THE TINGLY FEELING. …I’m done now…