Chanel Hydramax+ Active Moisture Cream [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Hydramax+ Active Moisture Cream [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Peg-40 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Camellia Kissi Seed Oil Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Saccharide Isomerate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Panthenol, Chlorphenesin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lauroyl Lysine, Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Fruit Extracts, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Tocopherol, Ethylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Red 33, Blue 1

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first time I tried it my skin itched so bad within 3 minutes that I just washed it off twice.
I thought I'd use a different cleanser perhaps but the same thing happened. I was in love with the packaging I gues (how silly) but it did not work for me. I decided to check into the ingredients list and found it has way too many chemicals. Probably why I broke out. I thought Chanel would be much more sophisticated with their skin care.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't like. Think it broke me out. Prefer other Chanel creams to this one. Will not repurchase.

on 6/16/2014 4:19:00 PM

Good cream with a nice smell. I use this one when it's winter/autumn, when my skin is a bit more dry.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The following review is for CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY SERUM and and HYDRAMAX + ACTIVE NUTRITION NOURISHING CREAM FOR DRY SKIN. As previous reviewer I can not find HYDRAMAX + ACTIVE NUTRITION NOURISHING CREAM FOR DRY SKIN category.

Not sure how in warmer state, Chanel does not put a sample jar of this HYDRAMAX cream on their counter. Too popular in cold states, so run out sample? So, you need to ask SA , or just get a full jar as I did.

Thanks Chanel has this serum, it is not too thicker to cause more visitable temperature forehead wrinkle, and not make laughing wrinkle more visitable.

Since most moisture for dry skin normally thicker already, my face can not afford anymore additional ticker skin care if I don't want add more visitable fine small temporally wrinkle on my forehead and laughing wrinkle.

Here is my story, I start having dry dry dry skin since couple years ago, not just because I turn to 50, I also moved to extreme cold and long winter state at 6 years ago. This long and cold winter, heater dry up my skin even more, I must say worst than air conditioner. My skin face the biggest challenge that i never had when I were in Texas for 20+ years, not even when I were in dry state, Colorado for 6 years. Finally, I my long time (20 years) favor La Prairie no longer works on my sensitive face, maybe only its eye cream can still work on my dry skin, but plan to get a new one.

I only have few obvious wrinkle, most fine wrinkles are caused by dry skin. Thanks La Prairie SA helps me to realized what kind moisture that I need, not these lift-up or wrinkle fix skin care.

I did not have chances to try all high end brands, not only because there is no Nordstorm and other high end departments stores near where I live, also because I have sensitive skin. So, I start on the brands that I used to use since I were in college and before I knew La Prairie, they are all popular brands in any departments stores.

I am very happy this serum and Chanel HYDRAMAX + ACTIVE NUTRITION NOURISHING CREAM FOR DRY SKIN. These 2 products finally turn my skin back to when I was using La Prairie. Only after a week, they removed all my forehead fine wrinkles which caused by dry. Still have few deep wrinkles, but I am happy, because I try several wrinkle fix creams, even add extra oil on my face, most of them all too dry to me, and even make more fine wrinklessssss.

Now, I need SPF 15 (not high SPF 50 as Chanel has) during our short summer and warmer weather. I have not try these 2 combination with foundation, don't know if will be too heavy for me, and if cause my temporally forehead and laugh wrinkles more visitable, or if even stay on my makeup.

The only down side of these 2 products are fragrance is too heavy for me, but they are lovely smell as Chanel's famous perfume, so I will make myself get used to, since they makes my skin so beautiful.

on 4/19/2012 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I want to write a review for the Hydramax +Active Nutrition cream but couldnt find an entry for it so I have put it here. I am 4 weeks into using it morning and night, and still loving it so far. I was turned into it while trying out foundation at a Chanel counter, and the SA gave me a 5ml sample for this afterwards because I bought a Coco Rouge Shine, and I mentioned that I didnt find the Gel Cream version moisturising enough, rather underwhelmed by it in fact. So when she produced the sample I politely accepted it thinking what the hell, a freebie is good, but wasnt having high hopes at all, expecting to be disappointed by yet another expensive face cream with a brand name. Anyway curiosity got me and I used it that night. Wow my face felt so much better from the first use, like a comfort layer that melted into my skin, not greasy at all just very comfortable. I have problems with flaky skin around my nose and between my brows and on the forehead, but since using this my foundation has applied much nicer, although it hasnt eradicated the problem completely, it's the best I have found so far. I loaded my face up with a generous amount for the first few days, and now I dont need as much as my face becomes better hydrated. I am very impressed with how this soothes and smoothes my face without any shine and greasiness. Sits well under makeup, soaks in fully. Not to mention the heavenly peachy floral scent, makes the ritual of skincare such a pleasure, now I never skip washing my face at night just so I can use this. By the way I had to purchase this off Strawberrynet, lucky they have it because I live in NZ and the price of products there is just ridiculous, despite the recent rise in NZD, retailers never pass on the reduction to consumers so no way I will buy something from a store if I can help it. Still it was expensive on Strawberry, but I estimate my pot will last for 3 months at least. I will repurchase, very pleased with something that actually lives up to it claims, bonus that it has pretty packaging and gorgeous scent, kinda a incentive for me to keep at it. By the way, does anyone ever use the little spatula that comes with it? I dont. Where are you supposed to leave the spatula? inside the pot?

I have to give this full marks. I really do. Where to start? Well, it makes my skin smooth and perfect. It smells beautiful. Glides on, moisturizes evenly, even under my eyes and any dry patches.

Since I started using this, I use only 2 products for skincare. Mild almond milk soap for makeup removal, and this right after. I do this before bedtime, and wake up with refreshed, plump, glowing skin.

It is absolutely amazing, and definitely worth the price. I have tried moisturizers from Estée Lauder, Clinique, Nivea, Lancome, and this is by FAR the best. Not only does it give the best results, it seems to calm my skin. I generally have clear skin unless a product is breaking me out, and this just helps the general appearance of imperfections. It's amazing and sinks in fast, is non-greasy and just a total holy grail status item for me now. I love what it makes my skin look like, i find that I am using less and less tinted moisturizer and powder to cover my skin up. This cream helps your skin just glow by itself so that no makeup is needed. Before this, I would never have left the house without tinted moisturizer and bronzer on. Now my skin feels and looks soft and even colored again and I have no worries about brushing some blush on and going :)

Definitely expensive, but not the worst price ever. Worth it for the results.

on 2/20/2012 5:54:00 AM

I am currently using this for both day and night. I bought it because it doesn't contain alcohol like the serum from this line does.

It gives me a glow and I don't think I've experienced any noticeable breakouts from this. A little goes a long way - maybe because I have oily skin.

on 11/30/2011 12:23:00 PM

This is a very good moisturizer, works really well even for my oily skin type. I use in the evening, before go to sleep and i wake up the next day with glowing skin, i also love the smell, the only thing i don't like on this product is the price.. :-D

on 11/20/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only draw back to this product is the price. I live in Canada and bought this product 10 months ago for $95!! However, despite the price ($9.50/month) I will be purchasing it again.

I am 19 years old and have struggled with my skin for the past 4 years! I can honestly say I have tried everything from cheap to expensive creams, gels, toners and topical medications. I have extremely sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and cannot tolerate most fragrances. Therefore, I was very surprised by the results I received from this cream.

1. Flaky/hard dry patches of skin instantly disappeared.
2. Suitable to wear underneath makeup and smells great!
3. Left my skin feeling completely moisturized and smooth.
4. Felt slightly heavy/greasy upon application but left my skin glowing after it was fully absorbed.

A little goes a long way! When trying a new product, always get samples if available. I tried samples of both the Hydramax + Active Cream and Hydramax + Active Gel before purchasing the cream. I found that the gel did not deeply hydrate my skin as much as the cream did. I had to apply the gel continuously through out the day in order to keep my face from drying out. Also, I do not use this cream as religiously in the summer vs. the winter for obvious reasons.

Currently, this cream works absolute wonders for my skin! I’ll post an update if this cream starts to irritate or cause my skin to break out…

Once fall weather sets in, I immediately need a heavier moisturizer then what I use in the summer months (I live in NYC). I was going to either try the Bliss cream or La Mer but chose this instead. The texture is divine and after one application my skin is hydrated and smooth again. Even though it is a bit costly, I think it will last me throughout winter so it is worth it. Nothing beats nicely moisturized skin. If you like to wear a lot of face makeup, dry skin is a no no and this really helps. I bought the Avene Skin Intolerant cream to see if it would be a good alternative but it isn't enough moisture for me in winter so I am very glad I got this cream.