CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel - 62 Terre Epice

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.5

Talc, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Glycerin, Aqua (water), Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Cross- Polymer, Aluminum Dimyristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, tocopheryl Acetate, propylparaben, parfym fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia seedpolysaccharide, Peg 8, Gellan Gum, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, PolyGlyceryl-2, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, MAY CONTAIN: CI 15850 (red 7 lake) CI 77499 Iron Oxides, CI 77891Titanium Dioxine, Mica.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was my first ever Chanel purchase. I always browsed through their makeup aisle, but never brought anything only because I could never afford without going hungry for a day or two. At $80AUD for a bronzer, it's not something I can just say "I'll get it when my next pay cheque comes through".
Anyways, I was recently on holidays and I did end up getting it in the duty free shop for half the price. I always knew it was an amazing product cause I have played around with it every time I'm in Myer or DJ's. To me this feels like the perfect bronzer. Blends well with my skin tone so it doesn't look fake or that I've got a tone of makeup on my face. The biggest compliment ever is when people actually think that it's natural, and it certainly does not give that orange appearance.
This is very pricey, it is something fantastic, but not something that is a must have or a staple. I have other cheap bronzers, such as Stila and my Smashbox which I love and it works just as good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful packaging, beautiful color. This is one of the few bronzers that i've used that match my warm AND cool toned Asian skin tone. For this reason, I use it at least a few times a week. However, I like to use my bronzers to contour as well: the sides of my nose, sides of my face, along cheekbones, under my chin, and along the sides of my face. This is a beautiful color but it doesn't blend very well for my sculpting purposes. Especially along my cheekbones I like a very blend able bronzer where I can really contour that line and this just doesn't work too well. I'll keep using it til it runs out but will resume my search for a better bronzer later. This would work great for anybody with probably any lighter skin tone for simply bronzing and warming purposes but look elsewhere for a sculpting type bronzer. It also has a liiitle too much shimmer for my tastes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have to give this one 5 points. It is a great bronzer and it has totally natural color too. I am NW 20 and previously all bronzers have looked quite unnatural on me. They were either too yellow or brown or orange. Guerlain long lasting moisturizing bronzer was my favourite because it was longest lasting but it never was this easy to get right. This one has just perfect amount of pigment and it never looks patchy like the previous Chanel Irrelle Bronzer. Id say this is not as long lasting as Guerlain but it stays on pretty long with correct priming with cream blush and maybe MAC fix + on top. It Never looks tacky and I really hate that cheap too much bronzer look. Also it does not irritate or feel dry on my skin like Dior, MAC bronzer or Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess did. I love the Case too and I kind of like the brush it is good to have if you just dont have anything else. And it contains 11 grams of product which is more than usually. Color Wice I had 4 choses to make and it was easy to see that 2 lightest ones were too yellow to look like natural tan and the one darker one was too brown and dark, it would just have been muddy on me. Also when I was doind research to purchase this I wanted first to find ingredience list, to see if there was anything that was potentionally drying, but I could not find it online, so here it goes:

on 12/3/2009 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Seriously, this is one of my favorite m/u products right now! The look it gives you is like an instant vacation! I haven't looked this sun-kissed, healthy and glowing since the 80's! Shunning the sun at all times along with being an SPF addict for the past 20 years,I no longer had that great look that comes from being outside. With this I can have healthy sun protected skin AND really natural looking gorgeous color! This is a year-round daily use product for me!

on 6/22/2009 2:54:00 PM

This has been on my m/u wish list for literally years! I was in my local shopping mall and this bronzer was on my mind! I was a girl on a mission, and the helpful SA matched me with 62 terre epice and told me that it was the best selling colour. I didnt think it looked like anything special when the SA tried it on me, but as i'd wanted it for sooo long i wasnt going to give up that easily. Luckily i purchased it and am soo glad i did. First of all the packaging, its soo classy and sophisicated with a very large mirror, so makes touch ups easier. It has a large brush, actually the best ever brush i have had with a product, you can actually use it to apply the product! The case is glossy black with the interlocking c's in golden in the middle. For me- you can't beat chanel packaging! Now, onto the product. The powder is set in waves, which is supposed to mimic sand on the beach. When applied the bronzer looks natural, and beautifully even. It is a buildable colour, and makes you look so sophisicated and healthy. The price is, um, a little high, but hey, its chanel! You have to expect so. I have had this bronzer for 2-3 months and i've hardly made a dent in it. I have a feeling this will last me. If you've got the i recommend this bronzer highly.

on 2/7/2009 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is really weird how Chanel products work for me better on the "second try", but that is the case with this bronzer, too. When the SA in the store applied it on me, I thought, "uh, ok, nothing special, but nice", but I decided to buy it and see how it behaves on my face until I get home. Well, I was really impressed! I am a long-time Guerlain bronzer fan, but I wanted to try out another high-end brand just for the fun of it, and I am glad I did. This is a very natural, beautiful colour on me, however, as one reviewer below pointed out, I can see this turning orange on some people (not on me though). I highly recommend using a larger brush for applying this so you get a softer bronzer look. Not sure about the "moisturizing" properties, I didn't notice any, but given I only use high-end bronzers like Guerlain and now Chanel, I expect them to be finely milled and non-drying. Great product!
UPDATE: I am taking one lippy off as this does not work for me as well as Guerlain bronzers do. It seems to come off my face faster during the day than Guerlain does. It's an ok product and I will keep it until I've used it up, but will not repurchase.