Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - 62 Terre Epice

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.8

Talc, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Glycerin, Aqua (water), Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Cross- Polymer, Aluminum Dimyristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, tocopheryl Acetate, propylparaben, parfym fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia seedpolysaccharide, Peg 8, Gellan Gum, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, PolyGlyceryl-2, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, MAY CONTAIN: CI 15850 (red 7 lake) CI 77499 Iron Oxides, CI 77891Titanium Dioxine, Mica.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was my first ever Chanel purchase. I always browsed through their makeup aisle, but never brought anything only because I could never afford without going hungry for a day or two. At $80AUD for a bronzer, it's not something I can just say "I'll get it when my next pay cheque comes through".
Anyways, I was recently on holidays and I did end up getting it in the duty free shop for half the price. I always knew it was an amazing product cause I have played around with it every time I'm in Myer or DJ's. To me this feels like the perfect bronzer. Blends well with my skin tone so it doesn't look fake or that I've got a tone of makeup on my face. The biggest compliment ever is when people actually think that it's natural, and it certainly does not give that orange appearance.
This is very pricey, it is something fantastic, but not something that is a must have or a staple. I have other cheap bronzers, such as Stila and my Smashbox which I love and it works just as good.

on 12/24/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wear bronzer everyday and i have to say that this one is my favourite so far! The colour that i have is 63 Terre Amber, which is beautiful and looks very natural and would probably suit a medium to dark complexion with a yellow undertone best. The finish is satin with some gold flecks but it still gives a natural finish and you can wear it day or night or use it to contour your face.

It feels very light on my face and i love the moisturising formula as it melts into my foundation after application and feels very light. It also has a very light and pleasant fragrance.

It's not a cheap bronzer and you only get 11 grams but a little goes a long way so you only need a bit for each application even if you are a bronzer junky like me :)

As with all Chanel products the packaging is beautiful, the bronzer comes with a brush and the compact has a big mirror, i still apply it with my Dior bronzing brush for a professional application.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have to give this one 5 points. It is a great bronzer and it has totally natural color too. I am NW 20 and previously all bronzers have looked quite unnatural on me. They were either too yellow or brown or orange. Guerlain long lasting moisturizing bronzer was my favourite because it was longest lasting but it never was this easy to get right. This one has just perfect amount of pigment and it never looks patchy like the previous Chanel Irrelle Bronzer. Id say this is not as long lasting as Guerlain but it stays on pretty long with correct priming with cream blush and maybe MAC fix + on top. It Never looks tacky and I really hate that cheap too much bronzer look. Also it does not irritate or feel dry on my skin like Dior, MAC bronzer or Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess did. I love the Case too and I kind of like the brush it is good to have if you just dont have anything else. And it contains 11 grams of product which is more than usually. Color Wice I had 4 choses to make and it was easy to see that 2 lightest ones were too yellow to look like natural tan and the one darker one was too brown and dark, it would just have been muddy on me. Also when I was doind research to purchase this I wanted first to find ingredience list, to see if there was anything that was potentionally drying, but I could not find it online, so here it goes:

on 2/7/2009 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is really weird how Chanel products work for me better on the "second try", but that is the case with this bronzer, too. When the SA in the store applied it on me, I thought, "uh, ok, nothing special, but nice", but I decided to buy it and see how it behaves on my face until I get home. Well, I was really impressed! I am a long-time Guerlain bronzer fan, but I wanted to try out another high-end brand just for the fun of it, and I am glad I did. This is a very natural, beautiful colour on me, however, as one reviewer below pointed out, I can see this turning orange on some people (not on me though). I highly recommend using a larger brush for applying this so you get a softer bronzer look. Not sure about the "moisturizing" properties, I didn't notice any, but given I only use high-end bronzers like Guerlain and now Chanel, I expect them to be finely milled and non-drying. Great product!
UPDATE: I am taking one lippy off as this does not work for me as well as Guerlain bronzers do. It seems to come off my face faster during the day than Guerlain does. It's an ok product and I will keep it until I've used it up, but will not repurchase.