Kuumba Made Pikaki Lei

Price: $

on 4/2/2018 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pikake Lei – This Hawaiian jasmine emits an enticing, fresh and sweet, heavenly scent. Catch a summery tropical breeze all day long by applying lightly to skin or hair.

Pure Pikake with a hint of musk but the musk is barely detectable to me. A wearable white floral with a tropical beachy smell. I LOVE this. If you have Child or tried it but found it a little too much, try this. It's a much simpler, much more well behaved, much more low maintenance Child....and with a lower price tag and no smack in the face. I loved Child the first time I bought it, but the more I wore it the more I just did not enjoy it. I never repurchased it. Pikake Lei is not a headache inducer, You may think so for the first 5 minutes but just wait. Let it mellow and do it's thing. This is nice, very nice. Sometimes I layer this with Bobbi Brown beach and they play very nicely together.

Not terribly long lasting, maybe 2-3 ours on me but it's easy to reapply if you get one of the roller balls and just keep it in your purse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Of late I've been wearing Pikaki Lei due to the warm weather. It's a great pick me up as the scent of Pikaki is sharp and uplifting. I don't find this fragrance oil to be to floral when it drys down, it has more of a clean musky skin scent with light jasmine undertone. After a few hours it's hard to detect the scent (must reapply). I also order the one ounce bottle on the line as it's more cost effective. I don't particularly care for the packaging, of late I've had leaking issues, but I transfer the product into small glass essential oil bottles, which works much better for me. I receive lots of compliments from men and women.

on 1/28/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have enjoyed every scent I've purchased from Kuumba Made, and this is no exception. A while ago I blind bought Child, and while I enjoyed the scent, it was vile on me. An expensive disappointment. Thanks to trusty Makeup Alley reviews, I have found a dupe that smells nearly identical and actually works with my chemistry. Pikake Lei is a clean, sweet...well, Pikake scent. I've never been to Hawaii, but if it smells like this, I wouldn't want to leave. Picture a sundress fluttering in the breeze on a tropical beach with strappy sandals but no coconuts and fruit? Yeah. The only beef I have with their oils is eventually the roller ball gets pressed in a little too far and it can leak. That might have something to do with my reckless applications of Tunisian Patchouli, which I also love. If you like Child or beachy clean scents, seriously, check this out.

on 10/20/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thought I was really going to love this, but it turns to musk within an hour of applying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Summer in a vial for me. I think of white sand beaches and gentle tropical breezes. My nose detects jasmine more than gardenia. It opens very strong but then as it developed on my skin, I get a better scent. Its clean and beachy as others have noted. Lasting power is not great though for me. I got only three hours. Not sure why. Smells like a close dupe for child perfume. I like that this is more budget friendly and can be found at my nearest wholefoods. I see this as a great summer scent for those that like white florals.

on 5/20/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Gorgeous scent. I've had this one for a while, and with most white florals, its an acquired scent for me. At first I used it by itself, and while beautiful, it was a bit sharp on me. Then I thought of blending it with a Jovan White Musk perfume oil (that i had hunted down on ebay, since it's discontinued). It's a perfect combination! I know some have referenced this oil to Child perfume and even has notes of Jennifer Aniston perfume as well. If you like those clean, beachy white florals, definitely worth a try.

on 5/15/2012 9:14:00 PM

I find this to be a most unusual scent. It is a sweet tropical scent with a distinct sweet jasmine smell. But here's there the thing....there are some undertones that I can't even begin to place. It's clean, sensual and mysterious. The name of this fragrance is perfect for an aroma that can transport you to a Hawaiian daydream. I simply adore it.

on 5/2/2012 3:22:00 AM

Super fresh, clean, natural-smelling floral. Smells amazing and I get many compliments/inquiries. Guys seem to love it. Not dirty/heavy-smelling like a lot of musky scents. Might be my HG, aside from Bath and Body Works' discontinued Butterfly Flower.

on 12/29/2010 10:46:00 PM

I agree with Vixen7, it is very sweet when first applied. However, it's fresh rather than cloying, and after 15 minutes or so, the sharper notes go away. This scent is best described as: all flowers and fresh breezes, wind blowing through your hair, clear blue skies with crisp white clouds over the blue sea.

on 11/8/2008 2:54:00 AM

Very sweet permeating jasmine and gardenia florals. Lovely scent but alone it's too sweet at first. I layer it on top of a musk, like Kuuma's Persian Garden. Tones down to a buttery jasmine like the previous reviewer mentioned. Reminds me of innocence, purity and happiness.

Popular Fragrances