Ready to Wear Couture Finish Powder

No Image

on 6/18/2009 3:40:00 PM

I was bored and channel surfing... and there was a presentation on this product on HSN. It looked nice on TV and they were having a special price for the kit that included this powder. I needed a finishing powder and thought it was a good idea to try this. This powder has good coverage and looks very natural. It evens out my skin tone, makes it look nice and healthy. Sometimes I just use it over my moisturizer, and when I want to look more polished I put it over foundation. I am light skinned Asian, and this powder has a pink undertone, but it still looks nice on me. It's not too much pink. My skintone is NC 20-25 for reference. There's a scent that I found a little strong when I first started using it, but I get used to it. And for 25 bucks you get a lot of product.

on 6/5/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

PROS: 1. covers 100% imperfections like a liquid foundation would 2. It contains practically no shimmer which does not make my face look too shiny/greasy 3. stays all day on my face which most makeup doesnt. 4. smells great and love the concept of mixed colors CONS: 1. broke me out each day that I wore it. 2. did not match my NW35 skintone, which I found misleading because they have been marketing this product as any skintone can wear it, this is false, it looked pasty on me. Couture bronzer may match me better but it contains the same ingredients and most likely break me out as well. I will return this product because what good does it do if it doesnt match me? The concept is nice but I'm sure Physician Formula is half the price.

I got this powder in a kit with the lash extesions, some lip gloss, lipstick, and a pallette with shadows and blush. I've never tried this brand before but it was the Special Value on HSN and I'm a sucker. I don't like the fragrance in the powder but I love the finish. It gives this smooth pretty finish. With foundation under it, it really gives a fresh look. Alone, it does ok at covering up blemishes, just enough for a quick outing without being too made up The bulky compact is not good for travel, but I actually really like it. It feels like there is a lot of product and easy to load up your brush.

on 7/30/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this. It is a large compact and comes with a brush that I actually use when I carry this powder along with me somewhere. I find that its much better than most of the crappy applicators that comes with products. It also comes with a little case that has a pocket for the compact and a pocket for the brush. I don't detect a strong scent at all. Just smells like powder to me and it hasn't broken me out at all. I love applying it. It makes my face look really good. I also LOVE the lash extensions he makes. Got this from HSN or HSN.com.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw this on HSN and of course I couldnt resist. The MA, Philippe Chansel, supposedly worked for MAC for years, so i wanted to try the line. I picked up two items, this and the lash extensions. This powder is 92 oz. in a gold plastic case. Nice size for $25. You also get a useless brush and bag. The powder is a mixture of colors in beige, green, pink, brown, white speckled dots. When you swirl your brush over this, you are supposed to get color correction to even out the skin tone. As a finishing powder, I found this to be pretty nice. Nice coverage that did even skin. But then again, i have fairly clear skin. The downsides of this product is the ingredients and scent.

This has Talc, Mica, Lanolin Oil, Isopropyl Lanolate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Ferric Chrominum Oxide (Ci 77288), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470).

The lanolate is high on the comodogenic (Sp?) list. I break out easily and did notice clogged pores by the end of the day. It also has a floral fragrance to it that i dont like. On the boards, people mentioned that this was the exact same product as Jerome Alexander Marble Powder, so check out the reviews there for a better idea. I liked this overall, but the products dont work for someone who is acne prone, or i would keep it.