4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I like that it has QoQ10 in the product, along with vitamins, green tea, and moisturizers! However, the product, to me, is greasy, or at least it feels kind of greasy or heavy to me. It for sure makes my skin soft and healthy looking and feeling, but its a tad heavy and greasy feeling. Not everyone may feel that way, it probably is just me, or it may not just be me; however, I do give it a good review overall because it does moisturize, contain antioxidants, and is fairly inexpensive. If you are looking for a moisturizer that really hydrates, softens, and anti-ages the skin, this product may be worth your $$.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

This lotion is great for people with really dry skin. I lather it on at night especially after a day of work and in the morning it still feels like it is on even after you wash it feels like it is still there. It is not greasy, and absorbs quickly into your skin. It is a thick formula and I definitely recommend this lotion to anyone who has extremely dry skin and still wants to feel it on throughout the day. I plan to buy another bottle since mine is now empty. :)

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Omg! I just bought this lotion today and had to write a review. I was using the olay quench line which I enjoyed, high about of niacinamide, nice smell, the shimmer option. Buuuuuut, I noticed that it kind of left a greasy film on my skin. Not bad or unbearable I just didn't like the way my legs felt against the sheets when I got into bed. This stuff though-is amaze balls. It makes your skin feel silky soft and i love the light aloe scent. Since I literally just bought this I'm not sure how my skin will react to it but I hope I love it as much as I do right now. It's very moisturizing as well. Its a little pricey for 13 oz but it has got some good ingredients. I bought it after seeing it got a "best" rating on beautypedia. Right now it also has a "best" reading in my book! Will come back to edit my review after a week or so.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

5 years ago

This is a rich body moisturizer. It has a slight scent. Beautypedia gives it a "Best" rating as a body lotion for dry skin. It is sufficiently moisturizing for my dry skin, but I prefer a product with fewer ingredients, and especially no parabens.

About reviewer (722 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I like the herbal scent which is different than the fruity synthetic scents a lot of mfrs put in lotions which I cannot abide. But my cons with this lotion are that it doesn't totally moisturize my dry scaly legs and that when it gets down to a third of the pump, the pump stops working. This lotion was on beautypedia's best list and I have repurchased but I have to reapply during the day on my legs and it does not exfoliate for me despite it's high level of urea. I have found I need to use a lotion with AHA to fully exfoliate my dry legs and for that Amlactin lotions are better. This is still okay for just light moisture. If you don't have crazy dry skin this might be all you need but for me this is not enough. This would be better in a tube because when it gets down to a third or less in the bottle the pump will not draw out the lotion. It is a pain in the butt. This should also come in a value size. I go through it quickly. The aloe one can be found in a three pack but not this one.

About reviewer (1595 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is a wonderful body lotion! It moisturizes deeply, making your skin feel soft and nourished for hours, unlike many others I've tried that have made similar claims. The only "con" for some people may be its strong, herbal scent. However, it isn't an artificial herbal scent (thank goodness) nor does it linger more than a few minutes. Great job, Gold Bond!

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

This is my favorite drugstore body lotion, for daily use I usually use Alba unscented original (the giant bottles that i get on vitacost for $10 last forever), but I like to rotate this a couple times a week during the colder months. It sinks into your skin quickly and completely, but is very emollient and long lasting, and as other reviewers have mentioned the high urea content is great for exfoliation. I wish it was completely unscented since I find fragrance in lotions completely unnecessary unless you're going for a certain scent, but its smell is pleasant enough that I use it anyway and don't find it interfering with my perfumes. I wish the price tag was a bit lower or the amount for this price was more, it would be quite pricey if I used this for my entire body every day.

About reviewer (290 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

7 years ago

I love this lotion! Very moisturizing, smells great. Not sticky or tacky, but I can still feel it on my hands and feet in the morning after applying it at night! My skin is not overly dry (except for my feet), it might be a little heavy for the hot months but it will be wonderful in winter. I have to admit, I've even used it on my cheeks (not in the eye area) and neck. The urea is exfoliating, you will wake up to the softest skin ever. I'd be careful about using it on face/neck if your skin is very sensitive, but I've had no problem. Kind of expensive for a drug store brand, but I think it works as well or better than very high priced products.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

My all-time favorite body lotion! I am extremely picky with my lotions. I hate when they're too runny or thin that they disappear from my skin after two minutes, yet I also hate when they're so thick that they don't fully absorb and leave behind a greasy residue. I am also very particular about scents-- nothing too strong, floral, artificial, overpowering or clashing with my perfume, yet at the same time I hate fragrance-free lotions because I still do like a little bit of scent (and honestly, the fragrance-free stuff ends up smelling like wallpaper paste anyway). All I want is a nice, clean, fresh smell... is that so hard to ask for? Enter this little Gold Bond gem. I never would have given this stuff a second glance while perusing the lotions at the drugstore because in my mind, Gold Bond = Itchy Foot Powder. Eww. But I had read a good review of this stuff by Paula Begoun and decided to give it a shot (I definitely don't think she's the reigning Goddess of Cosmetics Reviews, but about 60% of the time I agree with her opinions). Luckily she was spot on with this one-- a sufficiently thick yet un-greasy lotion that smooths on like a dream and keeps my skin quenched and moisturized all day. Like really, ALL DAY. Plus, it has a wonderful fresh scent that I can't quite put my finger on... maybe like a spa-esque, enhanced aloe scent with some other fragrant plant extracts. But either way, it is not overpowering, it doesn't smell like fake chemicals and it gently drifts away before I apply any perfume so as not to clash with whatever scent I really want to smell like for the day. It also has a bunch of great ingredients like the antioxidant CoQ10. It's not the cheapest for a drugstore lotion, but you are truly buying a quality product and no cheap, goopy Suave glue-paste paraded as lotion could even compare.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

I was looking for a body lotion that would help improve the skin tone on my legs and this was recommended by Paula Begoun. I'm pale, with freckling and brown spots on my legs. I can't use self-tanner due to a reaction to the ingredients, so I had to find a product that would make my bare skin look more even. This product is great! I use it religiously on my legs after a shower - and sometimes in the evening. It has made a definite improvement in evening out my skin tone. I also use it on my arms and neck/chest - but not as frequently. Now that I wrote that, I'm wondering why not?? I highly recommend.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55