Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silk Amino Complex, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Egg White Proteins, Vitamin E, Fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The BEST ingredients for anyone's hair should not be listed at the end of this particular product: Coconut oil, Shea butter, coconut milk, Vit E & egg white proteins. The rest are chemical ingredients which are listed at the beginning of the product... not favorable.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this serum!! It makes my hair feel soft and tames the puffiness. I use it the most when I have just lightened my hair because my hair needs a lot of moisture. It helps reduce the breakage that is caused by lightening it.

I wanted to like this. It smells fantastic, but it left a greasy film on my hair. I used it for a week and it made my fine, wavy hair dull and flat.

I wanted to like this because a few of my friends have recommended this to me but after purchasing and using half the bottle it just does not work for me.
I have thin hair but the strands are thick in general and I feel like this does not absorb in to my hair. It just sits like a greasy film on top of it. When i used it for a serum before straitening my hair it literally would dry out my hair even more and cause breakage. I used it simply as a leave in serum after on my damp hair barely using any.... It still didnt do anything but dry my hair and put a greas film on the ends. It smells very nice though and I do feel if you have curlier or thicker hair this will work better for you.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff, have been using it for several years now. I have naturally curly hair which becomes frizzy without product, especially in humid weather. I like to wash and condition my hair, apply the serum and leave to dry naturally. Using this product defines my curls, smooths my hair without weighing it down, and keeps it looking shiny and healthy. And no crunchiness! I don't notice the smell anymore, but my hairdresser always comments on how good it smells when she is cutting my hair. The only thing I don't like about this product is the bottle which has no lid - every time it gets dropped on our bathroom floor the cap breaks and the pump is then useless. I always keep an empty bottle to decant the serum into in case of breakage, but a plastic cap would fix this issue. As the product costs about $18 in the supermarket here in Australia, better packaging would be great. But I will keep on purchasing regardless because it does such a great job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

How much do I love this scent of this serum???!!! Coconut lovers will be overjoyed with this, it smells soooooooo good! If you don't like coconut, stay away. This is not a mild coconut scent, it is STRONG! Besides the scent, is it a good serum? I have wavy/curly 2C/3A hair that needs to be controlled when worn in it's natural state. Heck, I love to use serums and oils even when flat ironing my locks. I use this on wet/damp hair as the consistency is fairly thick and would not work well on dry hair. Best to use a tiny amount of macadamia or Argan oil on dry locks instead. But to seal in moisture and help prevent breakage I really like this serum. It will not deal with frizz or other issues, but I honestly can saw my hair loves this serum, feeling more nourished with it than without it. I admit I was sucked into it solely because of the smell (it smells delicious to me, unlike the fake coconut scented products out there) but I love how luxurious the serum feels and ultimately how my hair behaves when using it.

As others have mentioned the one down side is the lack of cap on the bottle. It has a locking pump top but I think all products like this should have both a locking pump and a cap to minimize any potential mess from accidental openings during travel. But, aside from that, no complaints at all. If I do travel and bring this along I will just have to remember to pop it in a ziplock bag to prevent spillage onto other objects in my luggage.

I received this product in a shampoo/conditioner combo pack at Sam's club. First off, It smells amazing. Like a real coconut oil smell, not a weird perfume-y overly sweet fake coconut tanning oil smell. I only put a little bit in my hair after washing because I typically have trouble with oils weighing down my fine curly hair. It felt great and smoothed my curls. I just went to lather up my 3 day old hair in this stuff to do a little deep conditioning, and put about 3-4 pumps(a lot) in my hand and started to run it through my hair. I have hair above my shoulders and after a second of trying to coat all of my hair it didn't even look like I put oil in my hair! I don't know if that's a sign of how dry my hair is or what but this is NOT the heavy serum like many of these reviews are saying. I would say it's medium-lightly greasy in comparison to ones I've used in the past. I didn't even feel the need to wash my hands afterward. As for anti-breakage claim? I'm not sure, everyone's hair is so different. Only complaint, it didn't come with a lid, and you aren't able to twist to close? So it's a bare pump asking to ruin something while traveling.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

For me, does nothing for the frizz. The only thing it does is pull the curl out of my hair, I guess because of the weight. It actually makes my hair look worse due to this. Smells amazing though. Definitely will not repurchase.

I HATE THIS STUFF

It literally just feels like a film of residue oil over your hair. I'm a hairdresser, and I'd highly reccommend you to switch over to any other oil - if it's affordable for you, Moroccan Oil works so well with overprocesssed hair. I have TONS of split ends from going black to blonde to purple, and I swear by it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this because it claimed to reduce breakage, but it just made me look a mess.

I have fine, long wavy hair, and this serum made it look like I poured oil on my head and just left it there. I couldn't style it, and it just hung in limp chunks. I only put one pump in, so I'm not sure how much less I could have used! I think the smell was lovely, but I could tell in my hands it was sticky and thick, and probably not a fit for my fine hair.

I imagine people with more robust hair would have a better experience.

Popular Hair Treatments