Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silk Amino Complex, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Egg White Proteins, Vitamin E, Fragrance.

I received this product in a shampoo/conditioner combo pack at Sam's club. First off, It smells amazing. Like a real coconut oil smell, not a weird perfume-y overly sweet fake coconut tanning oil smell. I only put a little bit in my hair after washing because I typically have trouble with oils weighing down my fine curly hair. It felt great and smoothed my curls. I just went to lather up my 3 day old hair in this stuff to do a little deep conditioning, and put about 3-4 pumps(a lot) in my hand and started to run it through my hair. I have hair above my shoulders and after a second of trying to coat all of my hair it didn't even look like I put oil in my hair! I don't know if that's a sign of how dry my hair is or what but this is NOT the heavy serum like many of these reviews are saying. I would say it's medium-lightly greasy in comparison to ones I've used in the past. I didn't even feel the need to wash my hands afterward. As for anti-breakage claim? I'm not sure, everyone's hair is so different. Only complaint, it didn't come with a lid, and you aren't able to twist to close? So it's a bare pump asking to ruin something while traveling.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

For me, does nothing for the frizz. The only thing it does is pull the curl out of my hair, I guess because of the weight. It actually makes my hair look worse due to this. Smells amazing though. Definitely will not repurchase.

To Read all 236 Reviews, Login or Join

I HATE THIS STUFF

It literally just feels like a film of residue oil over your hair. I'm a hairdresser, and I'd highly reccommend you to switch over to any other oil - if it's affordable for you, Moroccan Oil works so well with overprocesssed hair. I have TONS of split ends from going black to blonde to purple, and I swear by it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this because it claimed to reduce breakage, but it just made me look a mess.

I have fine, long wavy hair, and this serum made it look like I poured oil on my head and just left it there. I couldn't style it, and it just hung in limp chunks. I only put one pump in, so I'm not sure how much less I could have used! I think the smell was lovely, but I could tell in my hands it was sticky and thick, and probably not a fit for my fine hair.

I imagine people with more robust hair would have a better experience.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

It's kinda meh. I used this with the other products I use for damp hair, and I apply this exclusively to my ends. I don't use a lot of it, since it covers a lot of hair, and it makes my ends super soft afterwards. However, after five minutes, my hair feels just about the same as it did before. My ends are still soft, but they look dull. The formula is also super thick, so it might be better suited for people with really dry hair (mine is normal). I've tried to incorporate this into my hair routine, but it doesn't do anything for my hair, no matter how yummy and tropical it sounds. Won't repurchase

Ok if you read my other reviews you will see that my husband and I went to Harmon Face Values over the weekend. He purchased the large Organix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner and the coconut milk spray . I love this serum. I only used it a few times but here is why I like it. It smells good. It is not sticky. I have tried other anti breakage serums and they can be sticky like a lip gloss or have an odd chemical smell. This smell great and is great to use as instructed on towel dry hair or even on dry hair . I will say this a little goes a long way. I have long thick wavy hair and I only use a dime sized amount for all of my hair. I think it works well with other Organix products and Harmon has the best price for it only $5.99 is the everyday low price for 4 oz. it adds shine and is great to use in those in between days when you have not washed your hair in a day or so . I also love the packaging it is great so only a small amount can be dispensed at a time which is great when you are using a serum with oil . I used it last night in my dry hair and brushed my hair with a paddle brush. I really love it. I would definitely give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This serum is very thick, heavy and gummy and sticky feeling. Like putting castor oil in the hair. I'm sort of impressed because it is hard for me to actually find products that are "enough" for my hair and this serum was way too much for me. I have very thick, very long, straight hair.

I tried many ways to using this. First I tried just the ends and it left my hair feeling like a ball and chain it was so heavy, oily, and stuck together. Mind you I did only use a little bit. I did the mistake of applying it mid shaft and down and my hair was so gross afterwards! Sticky, heavy, weighed down and greasy. I once tried this as a pre shampoo treatment, just to get rid of it. Huge mistake. It took three washes with shampoo and I eventually resorted to dish washing soap to get it all out.

I cannot imagine people with fine hair using this after my amazon forest of hair can't tolerate this. I do like the smell, but that's not enough for me to keep using this or buy it again.

Overall i dont know if i see any improvements to repurchase and i accidentally dropped it so the pump broke off.
if you put too much your hair will feel greasy and a bit heavy after you dry your hair but throughout the day it goes away.
my hair is shoulder length so its hard to say if it does anything, maybe if i grew my hair out longer ill see more of a difference.
make sure to put it in your hair when its still pretty damp to dilute the serum
the coconut smell is way too overpowering, im not a huge fan of that type of smell but it does go away after a bit

This is my fav serum!! My hair is super fine and prone to breakage and this makes it feel so soft and healthy. You only need a little btk of this stuff. Using too much can seriously weigh down your hair!

I wish that the more recent reviews were there when I was researching this, because I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I have naturally wavy/curly hair that I have been wearing au natural--no drying or ironing. And though I have dry/sensitized ends, I have an oily scalp, which requires daily shampooing. So I really needed something to help soften up the ends. This didn't do anything except make my hair look greasy. I used it numerous times, and my hair looked bad each time. It leaves a sticky, gummy residue that is difficult to wash out. Smells nice, though the fragrance doesn't last.

Popular Hair Treatments