NYX Felt Tip Eyeliner Pencil

NYX Felt Tip Eyeliner Pencil
Felt Tip Eyeliner Pencil

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I purchased this eyeliner 2x to compare exactly the same product. The tip of my first pen was drying fast and really hard it hurt my lids. I thought it was just some unlucky bad batch, so I decided to buy another one - it wasn't as out-of-ink as the first, but the tackiness was still a problem. Thus, that's the problem with this eyeliner.
The staying power is quite normal (approximately 4 hours before it fades), and it does smudge if you accidentally touch/lightly rub your lids. This one's a no-go for me..

on 8/26/2015 12:17:00 PM

Found using this product comparable to drawing on my eye with a dying sharpie.
Have never "splurged" on makeup before, generally use drug store brands etc, but figured I would treat myself one time just because I'd never seen nyx products in a store before but have heard a lot of good things..
I thought at first it might have been a user error but after looking up tutorials I just hate the overall look and application of this product.
Have never been so disappointed in an eyeliner, think I'll stick with my $2 elf products, or maybe just draw on my eyelid with a $1 sharpie..

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is one of the first NYX items that is a no-go for me. This felt tip is very thin. But too firm to make a good line. Have to press down on the middle of the tip to get color out.

But this does however make a wonderful felt tip brow pencil. Precise, super thin tip with a tiny bit of color. Super easy to for filling in sparse places in brow, creating a defined arch or tail.

Don't thnk I would purchase again for eyeliner. Would repurchase for brow pen.

Not a fan of this at all. Maybe I just don't like the pen kind of liner application but this just wasn't cutting it. It was patchy and I couldn't get a good even line.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mistakes were made by purchasing this. On the first use it came out like a watered down mess. Since it was so watery, it went all over the place. I felt like I had zero control with this. Dried out before I could even clean up the mess it left. I love NYX but this was just bad. I wish I had invested in something higher end.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this eyeliner in Dark Brown. The color is nice for a more natural/subtle look than black liner. But I find it somewhat difficult to use. Even storing it upside down like it says, after the first couple lines it gets kind of dry and hard to get a clean line. It also dries pretty much instantly on my skin so there's no way to smudge it or fix mistakes.

This eyeliner is water based so soap and water will remove it. Putting it on the waterline is impossible, it doesn't stick. It lasts pretty much all day, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Eh, I'm kind of disappointed with this product. The tip always dries out easily and rubs off in a blue-ish color (I bought the black one). Otherwise, it gives a nice line, but it bugs me how the tip is so stiff.

on 7/22/2012 7:42:00 PM

Some people say it dries up really quickly but it didnt happen to me. I've had this eyeliner for around a year and it's still really inky!
Felt tip is a bit too thin to my liking though, I need to apply multiple times to make a nice looking line on my double eyelid. Lasting power...hmm...I guess it's alright. I wore it for 12 hours yesterday and it didn't start smudging until the 7th hour so I guess it does what it says. Down side is, the colour comes off if you touch your eyelid!
I bought this from eBay so the price was really good! Will not repurchase though, there should be better liquid liners out there!

i dont like this eyeliner. the tip is really dry and it is soooo hard to apply

on 5/25/2014 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've used all kinds of felt tipped liners. I purchase some at the IBS show in Chicago many years ago and loved them right away. I love a sharp line. I've used Revlon and pretty much every drugstore brand out there. My Revlon was dying on me so I decided to pick this one up in Jet Black on a buy one get one 50% off day at Ulta. I can't speak to it drying out. I do love the color of the black.. very nice. It is also very wet (I've only had it a few days) but after one or two times I just adjusted how much pressure I use when applying. I don't have any problem with the way the tip feels on my eye.

I like that I can make a thicker line at the outer edge of my eye with a little kitten flick. If I want a smudgier look I use a thin angle brush and some dark charcoal/nearly black eye shadow and smudge the edge a bit. I am sure this also helps to set it. I have had zero problems with it coming off during the day or even when I was out dancing the night away or taking dance lessons.

I only wish it was waterproof. I won't wear it when I am going to be swimming I'll have to go back to my KISS product that is truly waterproof. But I love this and will buy it again and again.