Jane Iredale Super Shape Me Brow Kit

Jane Iredale Super Shape Me Brow Kit

3.7

Not tested on animals

on 3/4/2010 1:59:00 PM

I have this product in Auburn. I find that the colors are not great shades on their own, so a little blending is required. The reddish color is a little to cool and the brown color looks a little to ash, but blended together they created a nice light brown/auburn that suits the color of my hair and tone of my skin. There is a medium brown wax, but I personally find the color makes my brows to dark even using the smallest amount. The yellow concealer is a nice enhancement for using under the brow and a little goes a long way. I like the two brushes that come with it, especially the one with the spoolie end, very useful and effective. I don't find the tweezers work that well, they don't pince together tightly, unable to grab at smaller hairs, only the large ones are removed easily. This kit was really expensive $65CND, and once I'm done I won't repurchase. There are cheaper, more accurate color combos that you can get, which don't require mixing this color and that color to get an accurate shade. The wax is unused and the yellow highlighter/concealer I use every now and then. Not worth the crazy price, for the amount that I use.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

When I was upkeeping my newly shaped eyebrows, I looked for a kit that would make grooming easy. The overall gold box was helpful for not losing the little pieces in my drawer. The brunette brow powders and wax complimented my eyebrow color. At first, I started off using the light cream base for highlighting the eyebrow bone, but figured I really didn't need it. I wanted to like the cute mini tweezers but they were not that useful.

Perhaps my favorites in this kit were the powder/spoolie brush and the powder & brow wax. Now that I'm used to taking care of my eyebrows I can easily find a much natural product and tools of the same nature to color and keep my eyebrows tidy. It was nice but once I run out of it, I will be moving on to something else for that is less costly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This kit has a lot going for it so I know you're wondering why the 4. Well the colors of the brow shadows are a little off from what I was hoping. I bought the blonde kit cause I'm looking for a light taupe to just enhance my brows but the color in this kit, while great colors were too warm for what I need. They're not red just warm browns.

BUT the other items in the kit are great. All of the tools(4) are very usable including the 2 brushes. I love the highlight cream--it's wonderful, blends easily and perfectly hides slight red marks from tweezing while also showcasing and slightly lifting the brow. Likewise with the brow pomade. It is slightly tinted but goes on without any stickiness or heaviness but it is a little pan so probably will run out faster than the rest of the kit. So I guess for the $65.00 it was an ok buy but I would bet you could find as good or better elswhere for cheaper which is why I will not repurchase.

Popular Brows Products