Kanebo KATE Powder Foundation (Transial Pact)

Kanebo KATE Powder Foundation (Transial Pact)
KATE Powder Foundation (Transial Pact)

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

💖💖💖💖💖 Absolutely LOVE this powdery foundation which I was lucky to find in my hunt to replace Diorsnow Powder Foundation #10 which constantly limited stock was just pissing me off. By order of purchase over the years since 2001 due to bloody annoying shade discontinunces, I started off with Shiseido, Lancome (1 compact only because the lightest shade was too pinky on my face), Estee Lauder then Diorsnow. One fine day, I was walking pass this Kanebo's Kate counter when I noticed the similar shade of foundation on display. This SPF foundation feels creamily soothening as it glides over my pores and does not get cakey at all throughout the day, but of-course i do touchup. I use SPF20 PO-B or SPF19 BR-C when either one is out of stock and because this foundation has SPF, I also got OC-D for my shadow contour...heck it only makes sense to also have SPF in my shadow contour during the day right? And most importantly, no shimmery shadows (I prefer the barely makeup look with gentle matte powder contour to slim down my round/heart-shaped face). Plus, its 45% of the cost of Diorsnow.

NB: This foundation used to be made in Japan and is now made in Vietnam. Normally, i am very particular because hey, you only have the 1 face BUT thing is, I have been using this foundation made in Vietnam version for the last few months without realising its country of production until i started wondering why there was a 'buy-1-Free-1' sale at Sasa and hence, me reading off the back of boxes at the shop then back at home. Todate, I cant see any defect per se on my face. Nevertheless, I ain't too worried about potential inferior sub-standard because after washing my face, I always apply Clarins Brightening Lotion as my Toner, Rosken Vit E cream and Shiseido Spf30 sunblock before this powder foundation so 3 pre-layers are enough to protect my skin already.

on 3/21/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It took me a while to find a foundation that would match my skin tone. This product has a really nice and fine look when you put it on. It's not cakey for my skin, and looks better if applied with a brush rather than a sponge. The make up lasts quite long, and still looks good after 6 hours.

The problem is that my skin tone changes in the winter and the summer, and the KATE foundation doesn't really match my skin tone during the summer (tanned), but it goes really well for me during the winter. I bought the OC-D foundation, and I've used the refills 2 times. I had no allergic reaction, and it doesn't suffocate my skin.

on 4/7/2012 6:57:00 PM

Thank you MUA-ers for leading me to this foundation. I am NC25-30 and I got this in shade OC-C and it matches my skintone well. The first time I used this I used the sponge and the application was really heavy and cakey. I found that it looks much more airbrushed and natural with a flat top kabuki brush. Upon initial application, it doesn't seem to do much for evening my skintone because it still looks a tad light for my skintone, but once it oxidizes, my skin looks really nice and natural. And my skin still looks pretty good by the end of my work day. I rotate between several different foundations but I really like this one. And it hasn't broken me out which is a definite A in my book. I will definitely be stocking up on this the next time I'm in Asia.

on 3/19/2012 5:17:00 PM

I was really impressed with this powder foundation - I picked it up because even though I am Caucasian, I have very strong yellow undertones in my skin and a lot of Western brands can pull orange on me. OC-B is a perfect match for my pale winter skin. The texture is amazing - super smooth and finely milled, it keeps my complexion looking matte and even for a good 6 hours. Rather than using the sponge that comes with it, I apply this with a kabuki brush which I find gives a more natural, airbrushed finish but still provides good coverage. I think I am going to get another one of these in a darker shade for summer :)

on 9/9/2010 9:40:00 AM

Love this foundation so much. I brought it right after I read the review. Kate's product is on sales now, I grab the last box. Lucky me =)

on 7/29/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Favourite powder! This beats everything I tried so far. The colourmatch is e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t. Picked the lightest shade BR-C (listed as bright up colour. I uploaded a colour range image, so you can have a look) and it is just perfection. Love the Asians, as they strive for the fairest skin so this gives me the possobility to find alot of make up that fits perfectly colourwise, which doesnt happed that often to me with the European brands.
I use this powder so set the BB cream or foundation... sometimes I only put this on my t-zone over my sunscreen and thats it. Very fine powder and the coverage can be build up. It evens the skin out so it looks flawless. I also like the case, its very simple, looks elegant. What bugs me about it is that you can see every fingerprint or scratch on the case so be careful with it. But the product itself is really high-end quality and the price is very reasonable.
Favourite powder, as I mentioned :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not asian, but I decided to try a Japanese foundation as I have large pores, and I know that many Japanese products aim to conceal pores. I have light/medium cool toned skin, so I decided to try the oc-c shade. Like another reviewer said, it goes on pale, but seems to tone down after a short while. I prefer to apply it with a slightly damp sponge as it is easier to blend that way.

The powder goes on smoothly and gives good coverage and sebum absorption to my very oily combination skin. I love the way I can build up the coverage for an evening look, or just whisk the sponge over my nose for a natural daytime coverage. It usually lasts 4-5 hours before I need a touch up.

I am really happy with this product. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was that it is the only powder foundation I have tried, so I can't compare it to similar products.

Great product, so so sheer yet high coverage compared to chanel and armani and even cle du peau. But BEWARE, all Kanebo foundations are 2-3 shades lighter on your skin than in the case. Those light reflectors Kanebo puts in all their makeup made me look light a ghost in their darkest shade, OC-D. I know Asians strive for the lighter is better but c'on, some of us live in California and it's just not natural to be so pale, not even as an Asian.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried 4 other powder foundation under Kanebo brand, and this is the worst already. Try lavshuca or freshel. When your face becomes oily, it blotches, but the long lasting power is very impressive. Another thing is if use a wet sponge to apply, the foundation is truly amazing, very sheer yet high coverage.

on 12/19/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best foundation I have ever used! I went to Japan recently and decided to pick it up due to the great reviews here. It is so finely milled, which makes the powder so so so smooth. The coverage is between medium to full, it did look too light at first but then looks great after a few minutes! My skin looked so smooth, so much better than with my other foundation. My mum even said that I looked pretty when I had the foundation on yesterday. The refill comes with the sponge too.

I bought the case for it too, it is lovely, the mirror in it is in huge, (wide screen!) But the outside gets fingerprints everywhere, still beautiful nonetheless!

This is HG status for me, I regretfully only bought 1, will try to make it last until I visit Japan again.