4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

17 years ago

I used to put the colorwash on first and then put "Rain" on top for shine and I wasn't very happy with the results. But then, Voila!, I reversed the order and I love this look. A very sexy, sheer-stained lip. I put this on before I exercise and it gives a nice natural color to your lips.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

17 years ago

This is one of my favourite products. It is a bright red water-like liquid that comes in what looks like a nail polish bottle,though you pop a little on your cheeks and lips and it comes out a beautiful rosy pink (and WILL NOT come off!). I find this is an excellent product for those who like to overline their lips, (just line with a lip pencil and draw some of this stuff over the top and during the night you won't have to go through the embarrassment of looking in the bathroom mirror and wondering how long you had been sitting there with what looks like half your lip missing!). It is also great for going swimming or to the beach, as even bare water won't remove it! Although i love this product, beginners of the makeup world beware, as all its good points can become bad points if your not that skilled with a brush.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

17 years ago

YES! I bought this after comparing colour stains for some time (i hate reapplying makeup mid-day) This is great for cheeks (be quick to blend it in), and "ok" for lips but can be drying. If you use balm over it, the staying power is gone which is the whole point. It is tricky to apply on cheeks, i use the little brush to start to blend it right away, then finish with fingertips. The colour is rosy, can be a "bit" bright" (deep cherry red) but the best colour of the three available, in my opinion.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

17 years ago

I really wanted to like this sfuff...I like the idea of a product that can be used as a blush or a lipstain. I use it occasionally as a blush, provided that my cheeks are thoroughly moisturized, and it looks great. But I find it to be very drying on my lips, which is a real disappointment, because it's the primary reason why I bought it. Also, the top on the bottle broke within two minutes of leaving the store (I had to try it out in my car) :) The SA at Holt Renfrew replaced it right away, but warned me that it's "not really a convenient product." Oh.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesGreen

from

17 years ago

I like this as a lipstain. Never tried it on my cheeks. The color doesn't look like it'll look that great on my cheeks either (unless i want red cheeks?). I really like the color and how it shows on my lips. It gives a healthy stain on my lips without turning fuschia. On me, it goes on pretty red, not true red, but like the color after eating raspberry. It's actually one of my favorite color I use on my lips. It brightens up my skin tone in overall. The packaging is nice too, with brush-on applicator. It's somewhat hard to blend, so I usually use my fingers to blend. It doesn't last that long on me, unlike other reviews. however when used with clear lipgloss over it, it does stay put pretty long. I'd give it a 5 if it wasn't of weird smell which made me go hmmmmm, and after a few use I see some dust?? sitting on the bottom of the bottle. (kinda yucky) The price seems a little stiff for a small bottle, but i figured that it can last a lifetime!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlack

from

17 years ago

This translucent liquid comes in a nail polish-like bottle with enclosed brush. You paint it on to lips and cheeks for a stained effect. Pussycat is a reddish shocking pink, which for many people will be similar to their natural lip shade, only brighter. As a blush, I find it hard to place and blend well. It also has a tendency to sink into and accentuate any flaws such as open pores. As a lip color, I find it more useable, but it has a tendency to creep over the lip border and seep into the surrounding skin, so you need to apply sparingly and carefully. The shade however is natural, and forms a long lasting base for lipsticks or glosses. You get plenty of product for the money, and because it's used so sparingly, it should last nearly forever. I prefer the quality and shade range of Vincent Longo's Lip and Cheek Gel Stains, but this is definitely better value for money, and superior in every respect to Benetint.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

18 years ago

This Colour Wash is basically a stain for your lips and cheeks. I don't know if it's my technique, but it never blends well. Also, it doesn't really leave a "stain"- it fades pretty soon. The only good points are the smell (I love strong smells), and the cute nail polish-like bottle (except for the brush).

About reviewer (126 reviews)

AgeUnder 18