Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara

No Image

3.5

on 9/7/2016 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lengthening and good for a natural look. Not for volume or drama. Creates separated lashes with little to no clumping. The rubbery spikey brush takes getting used to but works well. Layer while still damp. Some smudging at the end of the day if I use on lower lashes, so I switch to Bobbi's smudge free mascara for the bottom. Only major bummer with Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara is that it doesn't hold a curl at all. It pulls my lashes straight immediately even doing the base wiggle and light sweeps up, nothing works. Probably won't repurchase.

This was the first, and currently the only Bobbi Brown product I've owned. I have always admired the overall 'feel' of the brand. I see it as being elegant but never overstated.
I don't think this was the best thing I could have bought to start out with, but it isn't terrible.
My lashes are quite long, but I like being able to accentuate then and define them more with a good mascara. This mascara sports a chunky brush that can appear quite daunting and make such things as 'clumpy lashes' spring to mind. Once you've removed the excess (I scrape it back onto the rim of the tube so as not to waste it) it doesn't seem quite so bad, but I hope you have a lash comb. It's definitely lengthening and so lives up to its name, but separating clearly isn't its forte. I find I have to comb through my eyelashes several times to stop them from looking too spidery and heavy. Once that's been done, there is quite a dramatic difference in length and it is a reasonably high-impact mascara, but I just wish the formula wasn't so thick and the brush so monstrous. Spider lashes just aren't my thing.
To conclude: I love the packaging. It looks and feels as luxurious as it does simple. I still love Bobbi Brown as a brand. I just don't think this is the best high-end mascara I could have wanted to buy.

on 7/31/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It was a mistake to buy this. I love Bobbi's eyeliners, but this mascara was a waste of $26.

CONS:

1. It doesn't build much volume.
2. Doesn't make my lashes significantly longer.
3. Smears under my eyes.
4. There's something itchy about the formula. I'm a contact lens wearer and might have sensitive eyes, but still...I've worn mascara that doesn't itch.
5. Overpriced.

PROS:

1. The mascara is black.

I really can't recommend this, and I'll never buy it again.

This mascara made my lashes fall out. Pity I haven't noticed this after trying it in the store.
The formula is very thin, and needs 2-3 layers to see an effect. It doesn't flake and separates the lashes well.

on 7/18/2014 6:45:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample of this and have been using it during the day a lot. It's a subtle, very natural-looking mascara but it can be built up and it doesn't clump or get crunchy. I put three coats on (which I do because I don't want subtle lashes) and it looks very pretty. The name is misleading...there is nothing extreme or particularly glamorous about it besides the fact that it's Bobbi Brown and expensive.

PROS

- perfect for low key daytime looks or for the office
- won't clump and separates the lashes beautifully even with shonky application
- it doesn't smear or flake and it washes off very very easily. I wear it to the gym and it takes very little effort to get rid of it in the shower but it doesn't come off or transfer on its own.

CONS

-the price...it's just a nice everyday basic and I don't think I'd happily fork out for this

on 10/10/2012 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know what happens here but I found this mascara the worse I've ever tried. The brush is useless and it doesn't add length... At the moment I amusing it to comb my eyebrows an even for that is not good enough. Not recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does exactly what it says on the tin... Eye-wateringly expensive, but until I find another substitute, am stuck with it. Best thing about it - it doesn't flake off and leave smudgy bits under the eyes.

This is my first high end mascara, and I don't know if the others are the same but, this is amazing.

Perhaps it's because it's a specifically a lengthening mascara that it lengthens so well, but I have a fiber mascara that doesn't lengthen as well as this.

This has totally changed my approach to high end mascaras, I was never against them, I just never felt the need to try them because there are so many reviews out there saying drugstore mascaras at the same. But the instant I used this, I could tell that it was obviously different to my other drug store mascaras. It just glides onto your eyelashes so easily and lengthens them so well. Doesn't clump. You can really just tell that it's of a good quality. And now I can't wait to try more high end mascaras in the future! With research of course ;)

I can't believe this doesn't have better reviews, because it does what it says, "lengthening", PERFECTLY.

Thanks for reading

Oh and I love the packaging, sleek, minimalistic, timeless, convenient, classy and just not cheap looking with plastic in ugly colours like many (but not all) drugstore mascaras, which is something I've always disliked about drugstore mascaras e.g. lash blast, falsies

- haven't had any problems with smudging or flaking, this stayed put throughout a warm Australian summer's day
- doesn't come out with excess out of the tube

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this as a sample. It really lengthens and doesn't create a spidery look. I especially like it because it doesn't clump or smear. With a few extra coats it thickens and can be an evening mascara. Always looks soft and believable unlike many others.

on 5/17/2011 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is for the new formulation of this mascara...the one that debuted in April 2011. Bottom line, it works. It added length and definition. The brush/comb applicator is pretty cool. I love how it never clumps. There is not much for volume here but it can be improved if you do 2-3 coats. Flakes minimally and washes off easily with soap and water. I'd buy it again. Good solid mascara and worth a try if you want to spend $24.

Popular Mascaras