Houbigant Quelques Fleurs

Houbigant Quelques Fleurs

3.9

I have a love/hate relationship with floral fragances. The majority of them don't mesh with my skin and smell a bit flat and boring on me. Given the quality of Quelques Fleurs and the quality of its ingredients, I hoped this was one that would bloom on me. Alas it was not meant to be.

Like many other expensive florals such as 24K by Jivago, or J'adore by Dior, this one also smells flat and boring on me. It starts off quite sharp with a strong green set of top notes, it stays fairly sharp throughout the life of the fragrance, but it never blooms or becomes warm. Instead it simply smells a bit like a florists shop at the end of the day when the flowers are beginning to wilt.

A friend of mine smells absolutely fantastic in this perfume. On her it smells warm and elegant and utterly feminine. If this fragrance works with your body chemistry, you will be addicted to it for life. As for me, I'll have to stick with Jardins de Bagatelle for my hyperrealistic spring garden fix.

on 5/26/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful and very feminine perfume! Huge sillage, so a little goes a long way.
It's pricey but worth it!

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Amongst a sea of trendy fragrances, this perfume is timeless.
It is a very complex scent, very floral and soft. It states on Neiman's website that, "..More than 15,000 flowers [are used] to create just one ounce of Quelques Fleurs eau de parfum."
The longevity of the perfume is fantastic. Just a spritz lasts for hours.
It is a very expensive perfume, but there is a reason why this perfume has endured the test of time. It is the quintessential fragrance of ladies. Elegance in a bottle, it is sure to turn heads when you wear it.

Quelques Fleurs l'Original is utterly magnificent.

As many reviewers have stated, it's what Princess Diana wore on her wedding day, and that is exactly the image this perfume conjures up in my mind. It's beautiful. It makes me feel important, like royalty, and so very feminine, dainty. I decided to try this out today, Saturday, while wearing sweat pants and a tank, and this fragrance has made me feel absolutely stunning, regardless of how sloppy I look.

It's a perfect blend of flowers, just so that I can't foresee this ever giving me a headache.

It reminds me a lot of Jivago 24k, another favorite of mine.

on 2/17/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can never seem to find a signature fragrance. I hoard a bunch of fragrances I like, then purge after I get bored with them. Row upon row of bottles could line my dresser, barely a dent in any. This bottle is halfway empty, so I guess that says I may have found a favorite. Upon first spritz, a cloud of classic strong florals might make you think, "dated", but give it a minute to settle. It eventually morphs into a fresh, soapy floral that reminds me of expensive French milled soap. Although it's around 100 years old, it really is timeless. The price KILLS, me though.

on 1/31/2013 10:37:00 AM

I smelled this fragrance on a friend of mine; it's been her signature for years and I LOVE the way it smells on her & seems to last all day. It's classic like you'd expect from a French perfume. Others here have reviewed it saying it's aldehyde content is too strong... the truth is that hardly a fragrance exists without some kind of aldehyde in it but I do smell them here quite intensely. As with most perfumes - it smells different on each person because of your chemistry so I would encourage you to try it. On me; it got a little sour so I personally won't purchase it but it didn't offend me either. Be wary of the discount websites people have listed on here; this perfume has been knocked off a LOT. If you buy it, I would recommend only purchasing from a Dept store. It's sold at Saks, Nordstroms & Neiman Marcus.

on 10/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

this is my all time favorite perfume. i wear it every day. it's quite strong and long lasting in my opinion, so one or maaaybe two sprays is all you need to last through the day. it's a very unique fragrance and i get compliments on it all the time!

on 6/29/2012 5:38:00 PM

I tried this perfume on a vial, at first it hit me with the strong floral scent like old lady, but then the dry down settled into something so comfortable, reminds me of my cousin who used to wear it back in the 80's. Everytime i smell it i think of her. Also has like a pepper smell to me i don't know why. But it smells good. The lasting power isn't the greatest on me, it's like i have to sniff my wrist to get the smell. Or if a gust of wind hits me i can smell it a little. I probably would purchase this it's a lovely smell. Makes me feel devine.

on 9/25/2011 8:00:00 PM

Never again will I let the price of a fragrance influence how I feel about it! I am normally a pretty frugal person, so when the saleslady at Nordstrom's suggested I try the Quelques Fleurs original-I balked at the price. She was a crafty gal and gave me a generous sample to bring home. Oh my goodness-this is such a lovely fragrance. I feel like a sophisticated Parisian stepping out of a luxury limo to attend an important event! Seriously-out here in the suburbs of Dallas I am floating around my otherwise dreary LOL existence, smelling like a queen! If you're interested in notes, dry-down, etc. try some of the more informed reviewers, but I'd be willing to bet that more women than not, love this fragrance and will never be without it, no matter what the cost! The bottle is lovely and blends right in with my fragrance collection. I even purchased 12 carded samples to enclose on my swaps-I believe in spreading the word when I find something worth raving about!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, this is *the* Flower Bomb. Comfort food for the olfactory system. I find this perfect to wear to bed - it's so relaxing and warm. like a quality pajama lol. Another perfume that succeeds in giving similar flower sensation: Annick Goutal Songes. Although a unique creation on its own, it has the same mystical flower power. Love them both especially in the winter.

Popular Fragrances