Shiseido Revitalizing Essence

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Shiseido  Revitalizing Essence

4.6

on 1/26/2017 3:53:00 PM

Eudermine : a fantastic lotion . A toner, a beauty essence , a facial skin softener.
Originally dubbed 'Shiseido's Red Water ' From 1897
The name Eudermine comes from the Greek Eu meaning good and Derma meaning skin.
( Ref .History of Shiseido . Shiseido Group website. )

I have known about this lotion for years but did not bother to try it till last month.
The bottle is so elegant and so very Shiseido ( and Serge Lutens actually ... invoking the bottles of SL perfumes available today . )
The bottle is heavy red glass with a screw on plastic red cap. You dispense the lotion to cotton straight from the mouth of the bottle. Especially when the bottle is full , you do need to give it a few heavy shakes to get the lotion onto cotton. I need 5 generous shakes of lotion to cover face and neck.

The product is EXCELLENT . Give it time and use the product 2-3 times a day . Overall I can say the texture , luminosity ,feel and hydration of my skin has been very good using this product. ( it is winter time for me with single digit temps and heating )
Now after using half a bottle , 2-3 times a day morning and evening.. I find that I do not need to apply any sort of moisturizer or facial oil before going straight to foundation in the morning.
I cannot imagine not incuding Eudermine into my facial routine now.

I really applaud Shiseido for keeping this product all these years ,for the elegant and classic packaging and for a product which does not require fanfare and advertising and YET works so so well.
5 star product.
This is one that you should try .
For a bottle the price is about USD 57 before CA tax .

I love this toner. The scent is light and it absorbs very quickly. the bottle is absolutely gorgeous, though the glass stopper is a little inconvenient. Nevertheless, I would buy this again. It's a luxury for a reasonable price.

Product is also know as: Eudermine

I can only describe this heavenly product as a combination of Moisturizer/Toner/Skin Softener/Balancer though I don't think it alone can stand as a moisturizer but it does moisturize.This product was recommended to me by two friends of mine from Japan, insisting that it is one of the best skin softener product ever and that they would use this till the day they died. Seeing as how they have been using this product since they were about 13-15 (I hear some girls in Japan start doing facials at the age of 12, wow!) I figured "ah sure why not give it a try?" I brought it, tried it and I will agree with them. I most definitely will use this product till the day I die. Not only did it smell amazing and come in beautiful bottle/packaging design, it's light and quick absorbing so you can pretty much your a moisturizer immediately after applying it and also makes your skin super soft and smooth. After I cleanse my face, I use my rosewater toner, then I use this product and finally my moisturizer. Sounds excessive? Perhaps but the results of my skin looking and feeling a couple of years younger is worth it!

The Shiseido consultant showed me how to apply it by using your hands but that in my opinion makes you waste some of the product which is why I chose to use cotton pads to apply it on my face and use the extra remaining on the pads on my hands. 3 - 4 dabs (err... basically cover the opening with the pad and flip it over 3 - 4 times in a tight circle shape if that makes any sense) is really all you need for your entire face (I never really needed to use more than that). Once you are done with your face, swipe the cotton pad over the back of your hand (optional). Saves you product and money.

Pricey? Yes but believe me, it's worth the splurge. The smaller bottle (125 ml / 4.2 fl. oz and about $56 without tax) lasted me over half a year (I'd say a good 7 and a half months or so) and the larger one (200 ml / 6.7 fl. oz and a little over $20 more) so far is still not even half way and I have brought this a little less than 6 months ago and I use them during my facial regiment day and night. I was told by my friends in Japan that the large one will last well over a year if you don't abuse it (but since I haven't had the larger bottle for more than a year yet, I can't say that's true).

I recommended it to so many people from woman in their 40's to girls in their 20's and each and every one of them have been re-buying this product. It really great for almost all ages though some consultants would argue that the "Hydro-Balancing Softener" from Shiseido's "Skincare" line is lighter and better for younger skin I would still go for this products hands down. It's definitely a must buy that's worth every penny

on 8/4/2009 9:56:00 PM

Nice bottle, although kind of awkward to get the product out. The best thing about this toner is the smell; it really is nice. Does the job as a toner -- I used a sample size bottle, so I can't comment on the price, although I see that other reviewers say it is quite expensive.

on 3/31/2008 3:20:00 AM

I love this toner. It makes my skin soft and clean. But the price is really expensive for toner. I don't think it's worth to pay that much even though it is a good toner.