Shiseido Revitalizing Essence

Shiseido  Revitalizing Essence

4.5

on 3/31/2008 3:20:00 AM

I love this toner. It makes my skin soft and clean. But the price is really expensive for toner. I don't think it's worth to pay that much even though it is a good toner.

on 5/3/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i luv this product so so so much, its my hg!!!!! even though its not the cheapest product, it works for both my mom and i. it smells so good too and on top of that it makes your skin baby soft!!i luv shiseido!!

on 8/4/2009 9:56:00 PM

Nice bottle, although kind of awkward to get the product out. The best thing about this toner is the smell; it really is nice. Does the job as a toner -- I used a sample size bottle, so I can't comment on the price, although I see that other reviewers say it is quite expensive.

on 3/8/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Along with Shiseido's Bio-Performance, this is a repeat buy for me. The prices for both these products are very high, but this one of the very few skin lotions/toners that doesn't irritate my skin. It's also the most moisturizing toner I've tried. It also absorbs well and helps the Bio-Performance to absorb too. The bottle is a little awkward to deal with, but it's so pretty I leave it out for show.

Contrary to Shiseido's suggestion, I don't waste this precious product on cotton pads!! I'll pour a little into my palm, rub my hands together to distribute it and really press it into my skin. My skin says, "Thank you!" every time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, in a heartbeat would I buy this product again. It comes in a gloriously red glass bottle. Now the top is not a stopper, it's a twist on, so don't break it opening! The liquid is a thicker version of the balancing toner - almost like a serum. I put 2-3 drops on my hands, maybe a tad more if I feel really dry, and just press it into my skin. My skin absorbs it readily and feels super soft afterwards. The smell is very light and very pleasant. The texture is not oily at all and leaves no oily residue. I find that on my highly sensitive skin, it calms it. I am using a highly reactive anti-aging treatment and I used it once without this serum first and I had irritation till I fell asleep. This morning, I used the serum first and then the treatment and had far less irritation, almost to the point of nothing. LOVE this stuff, looks beautiful, works even better! Definitely worth the investment to me.

Product is also know as: Eudermine

I can only describe this heavenly product as a combination of Moisturizer/Toner/Skin Softener/Balancer though I don't think it alone can stand as a moisturizer but it does moisturize.This product was recommended to me by two friends of mine from Japan, insisting that it is one of the best skin softener product ever and that they would use this till the day they died. Seeing as how they have been using this product since they were about 13-15 (I hear some girls in Japan start doing facials at the age of 12, wow!) I figured "ah sure why not give it a try?" I brought it, tried it and I will agree with them. I most definitely will use this product till the day I die. Not only did it smell amazing and come in beautiful bottle/packaging design, it's light and quick absorbing so you can pretty much your a moisturizer immediately after applying it and also makes your skin super soft and smooth. After I cleanse my face, I use my rosewater toner, then I use this product and finally my moisturizer. Sounds excessive? Perhaps but the results of my skin looking and feeling a couple of years younger is worth it!

The Shiseido consultant showed me how to apply it by using your hands but that in my opinion makes you waste some of the product which is why I chose to use cotton pads to apply it on my face and use the extra remaining on the pads on my hands. 3 - 4 dabs (err... basically cover the opening with the pad and flip it over 3 - 4 times in a tight circle shape if that makes any sense) is really all you need for your entire face (I never really needed to use more than that). Once you are done with your face, swipe the cotton pad over the back of your hand (optional). Saves you product and money.

Pricey? Yes but believe me, it's worth the splurge. The smaller bottle (125 ml / 4.2 fl. oz and about $56 without tax) lasted me over half a year (I'd say a good 7 and a half months or so) and the larger one (200 ml / 6.7 fl. oz and a little over $20 more) so far is still not even half way and I have brought this a little less than 6 months ago and I use them during my facial regiment day and night. I was told by my friends in Japan that the large one will last well over a year if you don't abuse it (but since I haven't had the larger bottle for more than a year yet, I can't say that's true).

I recommended it to so many people from woman in their 40's to girls in their 20's and each and every one of them have been re-buying this product. It really great for almost all ages though some consultants would argue that the "Hydro-Balancing Softener" from Shiseido's "Skincare" line is lighter and better for younger skin I would still go for this products hands down. It's definitely a must buy that's worth every penny

on 11/24/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this product and I am sure you will love it too! I have dry skin and this product really makes my skin glow. My skin looks healthy and is baby smooth when I use it. I just put a few drops in my palms and damp it on my skin, that way the product wont go to waste in a cotton pad. Because it is expensive and really good I just want to use every drop of it! I should maybe mention that I bought this bottle about 4 months ago and I have used it 1-2x a week and I have only used like 1/5 of the bottle. It makes my skin very hydrated and it lasts all day under my day cream, it makes a huge difference. You can put the product on your eye-area and it is perfect for lips to make them more full and hydrated (I have heard that Angelina Jolie does that.. ) Overall this is a really good toner that I use few times a week when my skin is getting dry and it helps to put back the moisture in my skin. It does it job like no other product that I hew ever tried! LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 2/4/2013 3:50:00 PM

Nice bottle. and that's all I can say about this product. I bought this toner after reading all these great reviews, and want to give it a try, but my skin just doesn't like it at all. I only tried it on my forehead at first, and thanks god!!! after few days, my forehead break out with a lot small bumps, some pimples. what a nightmare!! after i stopped, the pimples clam down a lot. besides it gave acne, i really don't feel anything special abut this product. never going to try it again.

I love this toner. The scent is light and it absorbs very quickly. the bottle is absolutely gorgeous, though the glass stopper is a little inconvenient. Nevertheless, I would buy this again. It's a luxury for a reasonable price.

on 1/26/2017 3:53:00 PM

Eudermine : a fantastic lotion . A toner, a beauty essence , a facial skin softener.
Originally dubbed 'Shiseido's Red Water ' From 1897
The name Eudermine comes from the Greek Eu meaning good and Derma meaning skin.
( Ref .History of Shiseido . Shiseido Group website. )

I have known about this lotion for years but did not bother to try it till last month.
The bottle is so elegant and so very Shiseido ( and Serge Lutens actually ... invoking the bottles of SL perfumes available today . )
The bottle is heavy red glass with a screw on plastic red cap. You dispense the lotion to cotton straight from the mouth of the bottle. Especially when the bottle is full , you do need to give it a few heavy shakes to get the lotion onto cotton. I need 5 generous shakes of lotion to cover face and neck.

The product is EXCELLENT . Give it time and use the product 2-3 times a day . Overall I can say the texture , luminosity ,feel and hydration of my skin has been very good using this product. ( it is winter time for me with single digit temps and heating )
Now after using half a bottle , 2-3 times a day morning and evening.. I find that I do not need to apply any sort of moisturizer or facial oil before going straight to foundation in the morning.
I cannot imagine not incuding Eudermine into my facial routine now.

I really applaud Shiseido for keeping this product all these years ,for the elegant and classic packaging and for a product which does not require fanfare and advertising and YET works so so well.
5 star product.
This is one that you should try .
For a bottle the price is about USD 57 before CA tax .