Shiseido Revitalizing Essence

Filtered by age: 44-55
Shiseido  Revitalizing Essence

on 1/26/2017 3:53:00 PM

Eudermine : a fantastic lotion . A toner, a beauty essence , a facial skin softener.
Originally dubbed 'Shiseido's Red Water ' From 1897
The name Eudermine comes from the Greek Eu meaning good and Derma meaning skin.
( Ref .History of Shiseido . Shiseido Group website. )

I have known about this lotion for years but did not bother to try it till last month.
The bottle is so elegant and so very Shiseido ( and Serge Lutens actually ... invoking the bottles of SL perfumes available today . )
The bottle is heavy red glass with a screw on plastic red cap. You dispense the lotion to cotton straight from the mouth of the bottle. Especially when the bottle is full , you do need to give it a few heavy shakes to get the lotion onto cotton. I need 5 generous shakes of lotion to cover face and neck.

The product is EXCELLENT . Give it time and use the product 2-3 times a day . Overall I can say the texture , luminosity ,feel and hydration of my skin has been very good using this product. ( it is winter time for me with single digit temps and heating )
Now after using half a bottle , 2-3 times a day morning and evening.. I find that I do not need to apply any sort of moisturizer or facial oil before going straight to foundation in the morning.
I cannot imagine not incuding Eudermine into my facial routine now.

I really applaud Shiseido for keeping this product all these years ,for the elegant and classic packaging and for a product which does not require fanfare and advertising and YET works so so well.
5 star product.
This is one that you should try .
For a bottle the price is about USD 57 before CA tax .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yes, in a heartbeat would I buy this product again. It comes in a gloriously red glass bottle. Now the top is not a stopper, it's a twist on, so don't break it opening! The liquid is a thicker version of the balancing toner - almost like a serum. I put 2-3 drops on my hands, maybe a tad more if I feel really dry, and just press it into my skin. My skin absorbs it readily and feels super soft afterwards. The smell is very light and very pleasant. The texture is not oily at all and leaves no oily residue. I find that on my highly sensitive skin, it calms it. I am using a highly reactive anti-aging treatment and I used it once without this serum first and I had irritation till I fell asleep. This morning, I used the serum first and then the treatment and had far less irritation, almost to the point of nothing. LOVE this stuff, looks beautiful, works even better! Definitely worth the investment to me.