MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.5

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

I like how this product doesn't cake and leaves my otherwise dull, yellowish skin glowing. Although I like the sponge applicator, it does not make for an even distribution and I need to dust my face all over with a kabuki brush to prevent caking.

The smell can also be a bit off-putting but it goes away after a while so that doesn't really bother me. Coverage is also minimal, but perfect for me as I don't want to look like I have too much on. Works well with my Bobbi Brown concealer (shade of concealer doesn't darken with the application of foundation).

By midday, most of my foundation is gone and my T-zone (I have combination skin) starts to shine.

Overall, I still like how the product provides minimal coverage but an evened-out complexion. Albeit it could do better in terms of oil-control.

on 7/20/2008 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I only tried this on at the store, I have not purchased it and will not purchase it.
Personally, I don't like shimmery glittery foundation. I am very much a matte kind of girl, especially since my pores are large. The coverage was good but because of small glittery flecks, I am worried that piling on more of this product would, in turn, pile more glittery flecks on my face until my face is a disco ball.
I wish this had a matte, absolutely no glitter shimmery junk in it. Maybe I'll try other mineral makeup.