MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.3

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 4/14/2010 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Color of this was too yellow for me but my biggest concern was coverage and this did not give good coverage. Still prefer my original bare minerals. Also hated the jar-messy and can't see how much is left.

Colour was waaaay too orange for my NW15 skin (but that was completely my fault for picking the wrong shade) and the packaging wasn't too desirable. However if its definitely your shade (check in natural light first!) then it should be nice as the texture gave an airbrushed effect.
Didn't work for me.

on 7/5/2008 4:51:00 PM

This powder wins hands-down for stupidest packaging I've ever seen. The sponge is not useful at all and it's a little difficult to get the powder out with a brush, but other than that, it's an OK mineral powder to wear as foundation in the summer months. I wear Studio Fix in the fall and winter and it just felt too heavy for July, so I thought I'd try this, and it is lighter and provides good color. However, the SA told me that this is the exact same formulation as the pressed powder version, so if I buy it again I'll get that so as not to mess with this silly sponge business.

on 5/18/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this foundation. I've used a few of the higher end brands of mineral powder makeup, both loose and pressed and this is on the same order as GloMinerals loose without the shine. I happen to like the puff that comes with it...I much prefer it to a kabuki brush simply because that doesn't work well with the size of the container and the puff works so why mess with it? I also have it in Medium and will likely mix the two shades Light Medium and Medium for summer. I've not tried Medium by itself but think I could probably get away with it by itself in the middle of summer, or after I've used a self tanner on my face. This product is worth checking out if you have tried other mineral powder foundations and were never quite impressed with the finish. This one looks incredibly natural.