MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.7

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 3/14/2012 4:13:00 AM

This is quite a good foundation for me, because it did not break me out, and the coverage is pretty good, providing that using a concealer under blemishes before putting it. I use another bb cream at the morning before going out and mac loose powder as retouch in the noon. however, it is very hard to get the powder. i need shake my bottle to get it out.

I like how this product doesn't cake and leaves my otherwise dull, yellowish skin glowing. Although I like the sponge applicator, it does not make for an even distribution and I need to dust my face all over with a kabuki brush to prevent caking.

The smell can also be a bit off-putting but it goes away after a while so that doesn't really bother me. Coverage is also minimal, but perfect for me as I don't want to look like I have too much on. Works well with my Bobbi Brown concealer (shade of concealer doesn't darken with the application of foundation).

By midday, most of my foundation is gone and my T-zone (I have combination skin) starts to shine.

Overall, I still like how the product provides minimal coverage but an evened-out complexion. Albeit it could do better in terms of oil-control.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WHAT I LIKED
1. The packaging is very handy. I like the fact that the sponge applicator IS the cap.
2. It doesn't cake.
WHAT I DISLIKED
1. Although it doesn't cake, it doesn't look natural either.
2. It has a bad smell. If you've ever played with millipedes and smelt your hands after, the smell is quite similar to that, but less strong.
3. It's SO pricey, and it runs out really fast for the everyday user. I went through a bottle every 1.5 months or so!
4. The sponge applicator it comes with is not the best. But it does the job (just not very well).
5. It doesn't sit as lightly on your skin as mineral foundation should. It feels exactly like a cream foundation.
THE LOWDOWN?
It doesn't live up to its name. ;p