MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this foundation! This is the very first mineralized powder that does not sink into fine lines or pores after a couple of hours- I just didn't think this was possible! The finish is smooth and natural-very important to me,being as I am 41 and have some fine lines happening...it's inevitable, unfortunately :-(. This gives a great natural finish as well...allows my freckles to shine through, which, again, is important for someone my age... freckles allows a sort of youthfulness to us older gals, lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought the new version. It shows up all my pores :(

on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

my first mineralized loose powder. i love it so much, i chose this color so i can look natural. not too light n not too dark. i think its going to discontinued since i cant find it on the website :S well i love this, its been few days using this for atleast 4hours and i dont need much touch ups, it doesnt feel heavy on my face and no greasy feeling and the best thing is that no white heads showing up! :D the price is ok for this especially they give a buffer, which mac RARELY gives complimentary accessory. but the packaging it self is not the best for me. when they say loose powder they really made it LOOSE, if i tap the tube to get some of the powder up i can see bits of powder lying away and the buffer it self is hard to use so i just use a big kabuki brush :) but overall LOVE it! :)

UPDATE 20th of june 2012
dont get me wrong, i LOVE this thing but i think its replaced by the no spf mineralize foundation/loose powder, i havent really tried that one but i found some little whiteheads popping on my face and mymum asked if theres a makeup or skincare thats causing it, so i was on a holiday for a week and i didnt wear it, and i realized that there were no whiteheads popping out, thankfully it was finished so i didnt have to waste it. so i took away 2 lippies :(
shame though, i really did love it :(

on 5/29/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this foundation! i have very oily, acne prone skin, i also have lots of redness on my forehead, nose and chin and i use this everyday it doesnt cause me any break outs. i find it perfect over the select cover up concealer. it looks so natural and people just think i have good skin. i just hate the packaging. i apply it with the #109 brush and i think its the perfect brush for this foundation. will definitely buy again when i run out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the coverage and natural finish. It doesnt lok as though you're wearing anything at all which is useful for me as i want that natural flaweless look. The colour is really nice giving a nice bright complextion and the texture blends easily. The product itself i think is near perfect i just have a a few issues with the application as the powder puff isnt really good for getting into the nooks and crannies so i use my ELF powder brush. Also the price is very expensive! depends how wealthy you are really!

I am loving this foundation. I just cannot pull off Studio Fix anymore, it looks way too cakey and never goes on my skin smoothly, it always ends up looking patchy...yuck!

Enter this foundation. Didn't have high hopes for it because of the mixed reviews, but decided to try it out anyway. I love how silky this goes on, it gives me a nice med coverage. I am okay with the packaging... the sponge applicator is useless in my opinion. I have applied this with my 182, 187, and 129 brushes... Pretty much any fluffy and dense brush will apply this like a dream. The 187 not so much though, the synthetic white hairs are a little to "pointy" and just send powder flying everywhere :(

All that being said, I will try the Light shade next time because I did notice some oxidation going on. I am barely an NC20, so maybe the Light won't have that issue.

on 7/24/2010 6:00:00 PM

I have been using Studio Fix for years, but when I went in to buy a darker shade for the summer, I decided to give the Mineralize SPF Foundation a try. Wow, I'm so happy I did. I thought I loved Studio Fix, but I love this one even more. It looks and feels more natural on my skin. Another great thing about it is that I used to get so oily in the t-zone that I would need to apply Blot Powder several times a day, but since I started using this product, I can get by with only one light application of powder half way through the day. :)

on 7/16/2010 1:50:00 AM

So I bought this product recently, wanting light to medium powder coverage for the summer without feeling heavy like I do with a liquid foundation. At first the MAC sales rep tried the "medium" colour on me, which looked great in the store. I bought the product, but I noticed that once I was home the medium colour looked too orange. Whether it oxidized or it was just too dark of a tone, I am not sure. I went back to MAC the next day and replaced the medium colour with light-medium.

This colour perfectly matches my skin, which is a difficult thing for me to find usually since my skin is a light-medium pale colour, with yellow and red undertones. It's very lightweight, but does not feel invisible on the skin. I use a very soft brush (Ecotools powder brush) to give a sheer look to my face. Although I have some acne and many red/pink acne scars, this powder is coverage enough to not make the scars very noticeable. My skin glows with this product, without any added shimmer or shine. I don't even need a primer beforehand, I just use this after moisturizing. There is NO caking at all, which was my biggest concern! It really does look very natural. The downside is that, as another reviewer mentioned, this product is not very good for oil control but in my experience it's not terrible, either. My nose gets oily after a few hours, but this powder does not end up looking as bad as it would with liquid foundation. A quick touch-up is all I need. And although the rest of my face is fairly oily, I have had no issues with it seeping through the powder.

I have only recently begun using this powder so I can't speak for whether it can cause pimples or not. If it does, I will be sure to update this review.

As for the packaging, yes it's horrible, but I've found a trick to using the product that works well for me. I've kept the protective sponge (the one you're supposed to throw away) so that excess product will not spill over. When I use the product, I tap my powder/kabuki brush onto it and apply. After I am finished applying the product on my face, if I notice any uneven patches on my skin, I dab the capplicator sponge to even it out. I also use the caplicator on my nose since it is very oily. With these two "tricks" I make sure the product is not wasted.

It is not a cheap product, but I will happily pay for it again ($35 CAD) since it works so well on me. Until and unless I find a better mineral powder foundation, I will continue using this.

on 5/5/2010 9:35:00 PM

This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used and I have tried many. I am a foundation addict. As I get older, my skin gets more dehydrated. Most mineral foundation is too dry and they settles into my pores and fine lines. If I use a heavier moisturizer underneath, the foundation looks blotchy.

But not this one! This goes on very smoothly, gives great coverage, and give me an airbrushed look. I have never had a foundation that made me look airbrushed because my pores are usually very noticeable. The best of all things is - this does not oxidize. Almost all foundations oxidize on me, even other MAC foundations. It makes my pores and fine lines seem invisible. It doesn't break me out but I rarely break out.

I am NC20 and I was initially given the medium shade. It was too dark and my skin looks dull. I also thought it didn't give enough coverage. I am a full coverage foundation girl. I went back and exchanged it for light medium and it is a perfect match. I put on a light moisturizer and use the e.l.f. kabuki brush to dust this on. For areas I need more coverage, I use the sponge on the lid to lightly go over those areas a few times. I don't even use a primer and it lasts all day. My nose gets slightly dewy (not shiny) after 8 hours or so but the foundation didn't slide off.

The packaging actually doesn't bother me, except that it is too bulky to fit in a makeup bag. When I use my kabuki brush, I put it on top of the container and flip it over quickly to get the right amount of powder on the brush. I then swirl, tap and dust. It takes only a few minutes to get the perfect skin. Unlike others, I actually use the sponge when I don't feel like pulling the brush out for touch ups. I am very very happy with this foundation and this is one of the best I have tried in a very long time. I think this will also make a great setting powder for other foundation.

I think the price is reasonable. You get a good amount of product and you only need very little. I am in love and will definitely get it again!