MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.9

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

on 7/18/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this stuff! Used Studio Fix for years, and it suddenly didn't work, I think my skin is getting to dry. So, I tried this. Glad I did. I think that all loose powders are a pain. Just do a couple of quick, gentle shakes up and the product comes up with ease. I use a big fluffy brush to apply and goes on well. Plus, it has SPF! It last several months for me, I use it daily but don't use a whole lot. Love it!

on 7/16/2010 1:50:00 AM

So I bought this product recently, wanting light to medium powder coverage for the summer without feeling heavy like I do with a liquid foundation. At first the MAC sales rep tried the "medium" colour on me, which looked great in the store. I bought the product, but I noticed that once I was home the medium colour looked too orange. Whether it oxidized or it was just too dark of a tone, I am not sure. I went back to MAC the next day and replaced the medium colour with light-medium.

This colour perfectly matches my skin, which is a difficult thing for me to find usually since my skin is a light-medium pale colour, with yellow and red undertones. It's very lightweight, but does not feel invisible on the skin. I use a very soft brush (Ecotools powder brush) to give a sheer look to my face. Although I have some acne and many red/pink acne scars, this powder is coverage enough to not make the scars very noticeable. My skin glows with this product, without any added shimmer or shine. I don't even need a primer beforehand, I just use this after moisturizing. There is NO caking at all, which was my biggest concern! It really does look very natural. The downside is that, as another reviewer mentioned, this product is not very good for oil control but in my experience it's not terrible, either. My nose gets oily after a few hours, but this powder does not end up looking as bad as it would with liquid foundation. A quick touch-up is all I need. And although the rest of my face is fairly oily, I have had no issues with it seeping through the powder.

I have only recently begun using this powder so I can't speak for whether it can cause pimples or not. If it does, I will be sure to update this review.

As for the packaging, yes it's horrible, but I've found a trick to using the product that works well for me. I've kept the protective sponge (the one you're supposed to throw away) so that excess product will not spill over. When I use the product, I tap my powder/kabuki brush onto it and apply. After I am finished applying the product on my face, if I notice any uneven patches on my skin, I dab the capplicator sponge to even it out. I also use the caplicator on my nose since it is very oily. With these two "tricks" I make sure the product is not wasted.

It is not a cheap product, but I will happily pay for it again ($35 CAD) since it works so well on me. Until and unless I find a better mineral powder foundation, I will continue using this.

Had used several mineral foundations... BE, Almay, Avon... This one is my favorite. The packaging is much better because it doesn't spill all over the place. This color match was close to perfect for my NC 30-35 skin tone. The sponge applicator is a bit weird, so I would use my BE handy buki brush. I have since gone back to liquid foundations, but I still keep this around for weekends when I want a lighter look. Better coverage than BE in my opinion.

on 4/14/2010 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Color of this was too yellow for me but my biggest concern was coverage and this did not give good coverage. Still prefer my original bare minerals. Also hated the jar-messy and can't see how much is left.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WHAT I LIKED
1. The packaging is very handy. I like the fact that the sponge applicator IS the cap.
2. It doesn't cake.
WHAT I DISLIKED
1. Although it doesn't cake, it doesn't look natural either.
2. It has a bad smell. If you've ever played with millipedes and smelt your hands after, the smell is quite similar to that, but less strong.
3. It's SO pricey, and it runs out really fast for the everyday user. I went through a bottle every 1.5 months or so!
4. The sponge applicator it comes with is not the best. But it does the job (just not very well).
5. It doesn't sit as lightly on your skin as mineral foundation should. It feels exactly like a cream foundation.
THE LOWDOWN?
It doesn't live up to its name. ;p

I had heard great things about MAC and once my mineral foundation ran out I went straight to the MAC store. I tried on this shade and it looked fine when the lady at the store applied it on me with a nice brush. But once I got home I found the sponge to apply very unevenly and cakey. So I had to use a separate brush, which was annoying to carry around. Mineral powder is meant to be good for your skin, but it made me breakout really badly. I took it around with me in my bag, and the MAC logo on the container scratched off entirely, and so did some paint(?), which made it look cheap.

Colour was waaaay too orange for my NW15 skin (but that was completely my fault for picking the wrong shade) and the packaging wasn't too desirable. However if its definitely your shade (check in natural light first!) then it should be nice as the texture gave an airbrushed effect.
Didn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The foundation was quite nice, but I thought I got the wrong color ( light-medium) and it made me soooooo orange! Give it to my cousin who is a little bit darker than me.

on 7/7/2009 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my favorite powder foundation so far. I love the natural looking coverage without the powdery finish that can come with some mineral makeups. The only problem i have is with the packaging. I prefer to apply it with a brush and this container makes it very hard. I do agree with a review below who said it is great for travel. This lid does fit really tightly unlike some other products (::cough:: bare minerals). One of my biggest pet peeves is having anything spill in my makeup bag. Anyway, it's a great product with crappy packaging. My answer is I just transfered it to a regular sifter container. Problem solved.