MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

2.8

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 3/23/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Bought the new version in the clear jar with the black lid. I do not like it at all. I bought it to use as a setting powder, not as a foundation. It's good i did because this does not have nearly enough coverage on its own, even considering how sheer its supposed to be. I am an NC25, a MUA on the MAC online chat told me to get Light/Medium. It's too light, I look very pale and washed out with it on. Also, I use a brush to apply my face powder, and the only way to do it with this is to turn the jar over and dump some into the lid. Inevitably, product gets wasted. Finally, this does not last at all on me. I apply it over Studio Sculpt foundation, so it should have some staying power. But by halfway through the day, it looks like I have no makeup on. Not good. Overall, very disappointing and will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the coverage and natural finish. It doesnt lok as though you're wearing anything at all which is useful for me as i want that natural flaweless look. The colour is really nice giving a nice bright complextion and the texture blends easily. The product itself i think is near perfect i just have a a few issues with the application as the powder puff isnt really good for getting into the nooks and crannies so i use my ELF powder brush. Also the price is very expensive! depends how wealthy you are really!

I was so excited to buy this product after using ID mineral foundation for years. I wanted this product to keep at the office so that I didn't need to bring my other foundation in each day. I did trial it in the shop but the assistant used a full coverage concealer type product underneath (which I didn't buy - I was told it wasn't needed - but which clearly made the foundation look good).
It has a very poor coverage and makes my skin look dull and lifeless. I can also "feel" it on my skin which I hate. While the applicator (as part of the lid) is a good idea, it doesn't work in practice. It's way to stiff to blend the product well. I know the colour is right for my skin but it just looks awful compared to other products I've used. For the price, I thought it was a poor buy.
I'm throwing away this product after only a couple of uses . . .

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

At first, I had my reservations to try this product out since I really love my MSFN in Light Medium and Medium Plus (summer shade) but I'm glad that I did give it a try... since... now I have a back up for it and it's one of my staples!

What it's said to do (from MAC website):
A lightweight loose powder mineral foundation that provides the skin with a smooth, radiant, natural finish. Brushes on the skin for medium-buildable coverage. Special mineral complex helps keep skin healthy and nourished while the blend of moisturizers and conditioners in the formula help create a smooth, flawless application. Provides everyday SPF 15 sun protection.

My personal experience:
Please note that I have been using this with my MAC 187 (skunky/duo fibre) or MAC 182 (kabuki/buffer brush) and I've gotten smooth, natural results this way. I do enjoy the packaging, since it prevents any of the loose powder to get everywhere when I'm travelling or even when at home being tossed around in my bathroom/makeup bag.

The colour matching for me was perfect, though I was originally matched to Medium, I felt it was too pink and went to another store to get matched and loved the look of light medium on my skin much better.

I do use Prep and Prime SPF 50 prior to application and lightly spray Fix+ Spray after application. I find that this allows me to get medium foundation coverage, but still with a natural finish on the skin--not piled on or cakey.

The only cons I have with this product are the following:
a) it can be sometimes hard to tap the product out of the sifter.... causing it to get everywhere and wasting the product;
b) the price, I feel like I am getting great results for what I'm paying for, but at the same time I get great results with the MSFN with money saved.

All in all, a great product, I have a back up of it for whenever the one I'm currently using will run out. Will definitely repurchase, most especially if MAC decides to lower the price ;o)

on 9/20/2008 11:14:00 PM

I bought this becuase my friend told me it was matte. We went to the store and it was matte. I went home and used it for a few weeks and it was matte. I shook it, it is all shimmer now. I feel like throwing up or tossing it into the mirror. I hate shimmer, I love matte. This is all shimmer and I feel like I just waisted my money.Ughhhhh.

on 5/18/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this foundation. I've used a few of the higher end brands of mineral powder makeup, both loose and pressed and this is on the same order as GloMinerals loose without the shine. I happen to like the puff that comes with it...I much prefer it to a kabuki brush simply because that doesn't work well with the size of the container and the puff works so why mess with it? I also have it in Medium and will likely mix the two shades Light Medium and Medium for summer. I've not tried Medium by itself but think I could probably get away with it by itself in the middle of summer, or after I've used a self tanner on my face. This product is worth checking out if you have tried other mineral powder foundations and were never quite impressed with the finish. This one looks incredibly natural.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great packaging, bad product. I was excited when this came out, but it was dissapointing. The coverage is not bad to say,however it barely lasted 2 hours on my face, like it had melted off. i much prefer my HG mac Studio fix powder to this in terms of coverage and staying power. the finish was also a little too shiny for my liking, i like matte polished finishes. thumbs up for the packaging though.

on 3/31/2008 2:13:00 AM

For $29, this is an expensive little loose powder with innovative (yet ultimately not very effective) packaging. The top handle has a nice puff that picks up the loose powder in the package. I thought that maybe this user friendly packaging would be easier for me since I apply makeup in the car (I know, bad bad). But it just ended up depositing circles of powder around my face and required mirrored application and blending (unlike a regular powder brush which I found I could get away with brushing on my face without excess powder all over my face). To make matters worse, the powder didn't blend well into my skin and didn't control shine at all. The color was ok though for my NC30 skin tone. I returned the powder.