MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.9

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

on 3/14/2012 4:13:00 AM

This is quite a good foundation for me, because it did not break me out, and the coverage is pretty good, providing that using a concealer under blemishes before putting it. I use another bb cream at the morning before going out and mac loose powder as retouch in the noon. however, it is very hard to get the powder. i need shake my bottle to get it out.

on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

my first mineralized loose powder. i love it so much, i chose this color so i can look natural. not too light n not too dark. i think its going to discontinued since i cant find it on the website :S well i love this, its been few days using this for atleast 4hours and i dont need much touch ups, it doesnt feel heavy on my face and no greasy feeling and the best thing is that no white heads showing up! :D the price is ok for this especially they give a buffer, which mac RARELY gives complimentary accessory. but the packaging it self is not the best for me. when they say loose powder they really made it LOOSE, if i tap the tube to get some of the powder up i can see bits of powder lying away and the buffer it self is hard to use so i just use a big kabuki brush :) but overall LOVE it! :)

UPDATE 20th of june 2012
dont get me wrong, i LOVE this thing but i think its replaced by the no spf mineralize foundation/loose powder, i havent really tried that one but i found some little whiteheads popping on my face and mymum asked if theres a makeup or skincare thats causing it, so i was on a holiday for a week and i didnt wear it, and i realized that there were no whiteheads popping out, thankfully it was finished so i didnt have to waste it. so i took away 2 lippies :(
shame though, i really did love it :(

on 7/16/2010 1:50:00 AM

So I bought this product recently, wanting light to medium powder coverage for the summer without feeling heavy like I do with a liquid foundation. At first the MAC sales rep tried the "medium" colour on me, which looked great in the store. I bought the product, but I noticed that once I was home the medium colour looked too orange. Whether it oxidized or it was just too dark of a tone, I am not sure. I went back to MAC the next day and replaced the medium colour with light-medium.

This colour perfectly matches my skin, which is a difficult thing for me to find usually since my skin is a light-medium pale colour, with yellow and red undertones. It's very lightweight, but does not feel invisible on the skin. I use a very soft brush (Ecotools powder brush) to give a sheer look to my face. Although I have some acne and many red/pink acne scars, this powder is coverage enough to not make the scars very noticeable. My skin glows with this product, without any added shimmer or shine. I don't even need a primer beforehand, I just use this after moisturizing. There is NO caking at all, which was my biggest concern! It really does look very natural. The downside is that, as another reviewer mentioned, this product is not very good for oil control but in my experience it's not terrible, either. My nose gets oily after a few hours, but this powder does not end up looking as bad as it would with liquid foundation. A quick touch-up is all I need. And although the rest of my face is fairly oily, I have had no issues with it seeping through the powder.

I have only recently begun using this powder so I can't speak for whether it can cause pimples or not. If it does, I will be sure to update this review.

As for the packaging, yes it's horrible, but I've found a trick to using the product that works well for me. I've kept the protective sponge (the one you're supposed to throw away) so that excess product will not spill over. When I use the product, I tap my powder/kabuki brush onto it and apply. After I am finished applying the product on my face, if I notice any uneven patches on my skin, I dab the capplicator sponge to even it out. I also use the caplicator on my nose since it is very oily. With these two "tricks" I make sure the product is not wasted.

It is not a cheap product, but I will happily pay for it again ($35 CAD) since it works so well on me. Until and unless I find a better mineral powder foundation, I will continue using this.

on 4/14/2010 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Color of this was too yellow for me but my biggest concern was coverage and this did not give good coverage. Still prefer my original bare minerals. Also hated the jar-messy and can't see how much is left.

I like how this product doesn't cake and leaves my otherwise dull, yellowish skin glowing. Although I like the sponge applicator, it does not make for an even distribution and I need to dust my face all over with a kabuki brush to prevent caking.

The smell can also be a bit off-putting but it goes away after a while so that doesn't really bother me. Coverage is also minimal, but perfect for me as I don't want to look like I have too much on. Works well with my Bobbi Brown concealer (shade of concealer doesn't darken with the application of foundation).

By midday, most of my foundation is gone and my T-zone (I have combination skin) starts to shine.

Overall, I still like how the product provides minimal coverage but an evened-out complexion. Albeit it could do better in terms of oil-control.

on 3/16/2010 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I found this foundation by coincidence when I went to the Mac counter to get a 150 brush (which I absolutely love) and the SA tried it with the same brush (150) and I fell inmediately in love with it but before I bought it I went outside to check it under day light and I had to get it right away :) I just love it! In my opinion is the best foundation from Mac and one of the best mineral foundations out there. Iīm nc25 and I was matched light medium which is perfect it disappears on the skin leaving it flawless and younger looking with a healthy luminosity. The staying podwer is great but the container not so and forget about the sponge that comes with it I donīt even know how to use it :O I donīt find the container bad since I only pat the brush onto it and get the exactly amount I need.
This is my HG mineral foundation

Colour was waaaay too orange for my NW15 skin (but that was completely my fault for picking the wrong shade) and the packaging wasn't too desirable. However if its definitely your shade (check in natural light first!) then it should be nice as the texture gave an airbrushed effect.
Didn't work for me.

on 8/17/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this product! I'd always been dubious of mineral powder foundation because I've always thought they were all very drying. I came across this when I was on holiday in Sydney and the SA assured me that it wasn't at all drying and that it was made for drier skin types so I got a pot (what is it about holidays that make you throw caution in the wind?). I got it in deeper dark and I must say that this is the best foundation I have ever used, I'm so glad I got it! It gives great coverage with only a sheer cover of the powder! I only need a tiny amount for a natural flawless finish and I don't need to reapply all day. The only slight downside is that it makes my face a bit oily later in the day (the SA was right, it is quite moisturising!) I never reapply because I don't like looking too made up and cakey so I use blotting tissues to combat my shiny nose! A definite repurchase, HG even!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product!! Gives natural coverage and makes my skin look so much better The packaging is a bit rubbish but I would definitely buy this again.