MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

4.4

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 5/5/2010 9:35:00 PM

This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used and I have tried many. I am a foundation addict. As I get older, my skin gets more dehydrated. Most mineral foundation is too dry and they settles into my pores and fine lines. If I use a heavier moisturizer underneath, the foundation looks blotchy.

But not this one! This goes on very smoothly, gives great coverage, and give me an airbrushed look. I have never had a foundation that made me look airbrushed because my pores are usually very noticeable. The best of all things is - this does not oxidize. Almost all foundations oxidize on me, even other MAC foundations. It makes my pores and fine lines seem invisible. It doesn't break me out but I rarely break out.

I am NC20 and I was initially given the medium shade. It was too dark and my skin looks dull. I also thought it didn't give enough coverage. I am a full coverage foundation girl. I went back and exchanged it for light medium and it is a perfect match. I put on a light moisturizer and use the e.l.f. kabuki brush to dust this on. For areas I need more coverage, I use the sponge on the lid to lightly go over those areas a few times. I don't even use a primer and it lasts all day. My nose gets slightly dewy (not shiny) after 8 hours or so but the foundation didn't slide off.

The packaging actually doesn't bother me, except that it is too bulky to fit in a makeup bag. When I use my kabuki brush, I put it on top of the container and flip it over quickly to get the right amount of powder on the brush. I then swirl, tap and dust. It takes only a few minutes to get the perfect skin. Unlike others, I actually use the sponge when I don't feel like pulling the brush out for touch ups. I am very very happy with this foundation and this is one of the best I have tried in a very long time. I think this will also make a great setting powder for other foundation.

I think the price is reasonable. You get a good amount of product and you only need very little. I am in love and will definitely get it again!

Had used several mineral foundations... BE, Almay, Avon... This one is my favorite. The packaging is much better because it doesn't spill all over the place. This color match was close to perfect for my NC 30-35 skin tone. The sponge applicator is a bit weird, so I would use my BE handy buki brush. I have since gone back to liquid foundations, but I still keep this around for weekends when I want a lighter look. Better coverage than BE in my opinion.

on 4/11/2009 8:28:00 AM

after heart broken with MAC MSF compact one I still want to try this first I'm disappoint again....again a chalky cakey powder....oh no...but!! Second try with my new posh face powder brushes! It's work my face look smooth inner glow a bit valvet and a little matte. I like this it's will my foundation that I were from now on my happy easy day or shopping day!

It' look natural but I want something that look more super natural well next target is Lunasol micro finish loose powder in transulcent I will try and compare with MAC and I will make a decision to end up my journey finding my HG loose powder

on 3/6/2009 10:19:00 PM

Best loose powder foundation! It makes my acne-prone skin look perfect! Will re-buy.

on 11/24/2008 12:33:00 AM

I have just starting using this powder and it is wonderful. Previously I have always worn a fluid foundation, but this is so easy to apply. I don't think much of the packaging and I must admit that the sponge is not the best applicator for the product. I use a kabuki brush which works brilliantly. The first couple of times I wore it I had to be convinced that I really was wearing foundation, but the look was great. I do apply MAC primer first and use the Studio Fix after. It seems to work all day and the colour is great for my skin. The bottle is a bit on the small side for the price, but I would definitely purchase it again. This foundation feels like you are wearing no foundation, it is so comfortable and particularly good in warmer weather. I find it best to shake the jar before I apply it to mix the powder properly. I like the sheen it give me. My skin glows and looks healthy, not shiny or wan. A definite must for me.

on 10/16/2008 9:41:00 AM

I am truly shocked by the horrid reviews! I have tried many MMUs and this one is great. I don't see a shine or sparkle. Goes on smoothly and stays. The packaging and amount could be better for the price but if it looks good who cares IMHO.

on 7/20/2008 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I only tried this on at the store, I have not purchased it and will not purchase it.
Personally, I don't like shimmery glittery foundation. I am very much a matte kind of girl, especially since my pores are large. The coverage was good but because of small glittery flecks, I am worried that piling on more of this product would, in turn, pile more glittery flecks on my face until my face is a disco ball.
I wish this had a matte, absolutely no glitter shimmery junk in it. Maybe I'll try other mineral makeup.

on 7/5/2008 4:51:00 PM

This powder wins hands-down for stupidest packaging I've ever seen. The sponge is not useful at all and it's a little difficult to get the powder out with a brush, but other than that, it's an OK mineral powder to wear as foundation in the summer months. I wear Studio Fix in the fall and winter and it just felt too heavy for July, so I thought I'd try this, and it is lighter and provides good color. However, the SA told me that this is the exact same formulation as the pressed powder version, so if I buy it again I'll get that so as not to mess with this silly sponge business.

on 5/18/2008 7:12:00 PM

I love this foundation. I've used a few of the higher end brands of mineral powder makeup, both loose and pressed and this is on the same order as GloMinerals loose without the shine. I happen to like the puff that comes with it...I much prefer it to a kabuki brush simply because that doesn't work well with the size of the container and the puff works so why mess with it? I also have it in Medium and will likely mix the two shades Light Medium and Medium for summer. I've not tried Medium by itself but think I could probably get away with it by itself in the middle of summer, or after I've used a self tanner on my face. This product is worth checking out if you have tried other mineral powder foundations and were never quite impressed with the finish. This one looks incredibly natural.

I have never used mineral makeup before and I thought I'd give this a try since it's nearly summer and my liquid foundation might be too much. I have normal/combination skin that can get slightly oily in hot weather, although I can get the odd dry patch too. Light Medium shade is a perfect colour match for my NC25, I was quite impressed with how it "disappeared" into my skin, I normally struggle with foundations being too pink, too light or too orange. The finish is not exactly matte, it's natural/dewy because it has small shimmer particles - very discreet, no obvious "glitter" here! I've applied this with my 187 brush (I find it too messy to use its own applicator) and used a very small amount which gave me good coverage. When I've checked the finish on a different light, away from my makeup table, I was dissapointed to notice that my skin had a slight powdery look and all my fine lines and pores were somehow accentuated. This doesn't normally happen when I use a good liquid foundation, I guess mineral makeup can be ageing for some people and I'm one of those. I have managed to get this working for me by using it very, very lightly as a setting powder on top of my foundation to tone down the shine. I didn't have any problems with breakouts or itchiness but I found it quite drying when I've used it alone on top of my moisturiser or primer. I think it's a great product, just not for me.
EDIT: As the summer got warmer, I am reaching for this more often than I thought, it's the only foundation that doesn't suffocate my skin, without compromising on coverage. I am using it on top of my Elemis sun screen SPF30 and it works really well.