MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.9

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this foundation! This is the very first mineralized powder that does not sink into fine lines or pores after a couple of hours- I just didn't think this was possible! The finish is smooth and natural-very important to me,being as I am 41 and have some fine lines happening...it's inevitable, unfortunately :-(. This gives a great natural finish as well...allows my freckles to shine through, which, again, is important for someone my age... freckles allows a sort of youthfulness to us older gals, lol.

on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

on 5/29/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this foundation! i have very oily, acne prone skin, i also have lots of redness on my forehead, nose and chin and i use this everyday it doesnt cause me any break outs. i find it perfect over the select cover up concealer. it looks so natural and people just think i have good skin. i just hate the packaging. i apply it with the #109 brush and i think its the perfect brush for this foundation. will definitely buy again when i run out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the coverage and natural finish. It doesnt lok as though you're wearing anything at all which is useful for me as i want that natural flaweless look. The colour is really nice giving a nice bright complextion and the texture blends easily. The product itself i think is near perfect i just have a a few issues with the application as the powder puff isnt really good for getting into the nooks and crannies so i use my ELF powder brush. Also the price is very expensive! depends how wealthy you are really!

on 7/24/2010 6:00:00 PM

I have been using Studio Fix for years, but when I went in to buy a darker shade for the summer, I decided to give the Mineralize SPF Foundation a try. Wow, I'm so happy I did. I thought I loved Studio Fix, but I love this one even more. It looks and feels more natural on my skin. Another great thing about it is that I used to get so oily in the t-zone that I would need to apply Blot Powder several times a day, but since I started using this product, I can get by with only one light application of powder half way through the day. :)

on 7/18/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this stuff! Used Studio Fix for years, and it suddenly didn't work, I think my skin is getting to dry. So, I tried this. Glad I did. I think that all loose powders are a pain. Just do a couple of quick, gentle shakes up and the product comes up with ease. I use a big fluffy brush to apply and goes on well. Plus, it has SPF! It last several months for me, I use it daily but don't use a whole lot. Love it!

on 7/16/2010 1:50:00 AM

So I bought this product recently, wanting light to medium powder coverage for the summer without feeling heavy like I do with a liquid foundation. At first the MAC sales rep tried the "medium" colour on me, which looked great in the store. I bought the product, but I noticed that once I was home the medium colour looked too orange. Whether it oxidized or it was just too dark of a tone, I am not sure. I went back to MAC the next day and replaced the medium colour with light-medium.

This colour perfectly matches my skin, which is a difficult thing for me to find usually since my skin is a light-medium pale colour, with yellow and red undertones. It's very lightweight, but does not feel invisible on the skin. I use a very soft brush (Ecotools powder brush) to give a sheer look to my face. Although I have some acne and many red/pink acne scars, this powder is coverage enough to not make the scars very noticeable. My skin glows with this product, without any added shimmer or shine. I don't even need a primer beforehand, I just use this after moisturizing. There is NO caking at all, which was my biggest concern! It really does look very natural. The downside is that, as another reviewer mentioned, this product is not very good for oil control but in my experience it's not terrible, either. My nose gets oily after a few hours, but this powder does not end up looking as bad as it would with liquid foundation. A quick touch-up is all I need. And although the rest of my face is fairly oily, I have had no issues with it seeping through the powder.

I have only recently begun using this powder so I can't speak for whether it can cause pimples or not. If it does, I will be sure to update this review.

As for the packaging, yes it's horrible, but I've found a trick to using the product that works well for me. I've kept the protective sponge (the one you're supposed to throw away) so that excess product will not spill over. When I use the product, I tap my powder/kabuki brush onto it and apply. After I am finished applying the product on my face, if I notice any uneven patches on my skin, I dab the capplicator sponge to even it out. I also use the caplicator on my nose since it is very oily. With these two "tricks" I make sure the product is not wasted.

It is not a cheap product, but I will happily pay for it again ($35 CAD) since it works so well on me. Until and unless I find a better mineral powder foundation, I will continue using this.

on 7/7/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

My search for the perfect foundation is finally over. For reference, I am 35 with quite dehydrated (read: flaky) skin around my nose and chin area. Fair skin, blue eyes. I've tried literally *all* of MAC's foundations, and with the exception of MSF Natural, loathed them all without fail. I popped into MAC this morning to pick up some Cleanse Off oil, and just on a whim asked about the Mineralize foundation (cream compact kind). The MUA had a proper look at my skin (Love you Andi!) and warned me that he didn't think the one I was interested in would suit me. He suggested the Loose version instead, but told me he would apply both, one to each half of my face, and let me decide for myself.

Once he was done, he grabbed a mirror and asked me to go outside with him (sunny day today). I cannot tell you how much I adore the Loose Mineralize foundation! Unlike it's creamy counterpart, its coverage is sheer but even and silky. It doesn't look like anything on my skin at all. Its hasn't dried out and gone flaky. It didn't sink into and accentuate my pores. My face doesn't look like a mask. It isn't too sparkly, but still has some depth. My skin looks (and feels!) absolutely amazing. Its been 4 hours since I applied it, and I spritzed it with MAC Fix+ to freshen my skin after lunch. It still looks gorgeous! :) I will test it for a few weeks, and update this review if my opinion changes.

My advice to people with dry skin who have had bad past experiences with Minerals: Try this one! You'll adore it!

Cons: The packaging is horrendous and completely impractical. Don't use the sponge applicator, not even once! It will contaminate your product and germs will breed like crazy, aggravating breakouts. Instead, use a makeup brush. I use a MAC 109 to apply and buff this into my skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FINALLY! A foundation that doesn't break me out, has great coverage and isn't cakey! I love it! I have VERY finicky skin and break out easily but this stuff did away with that! I will never go to another foundation, ever! My skin looks fresh and smooth and this is the perfect color for me.

on 5/5/2010 9:35:00 PM

This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used and I have tried many. I am a foundation addict. As I get older, my skin gets more dehydrated. Most mineral foundation is too dry and they settles into my pores and fine lines. If I use a heavier moisturizer underneath, the foundation looks blotchy.

But not this one! This goes on very smoothly, gives great coverage, and give me an airbrushed look. I have never had a foundation that made me look airbrushed because my pores are usually very noticeable. The best of all things is - this does not oxidize. Almost all foundations oxidize on me, even other MAC foundations. It makes my pores and fine lines seem invisible. It doesn't break me out but I rarely break out.

I am NC20 and I was initially given the medium shade. It was too dark and my skin looks dull. I also thought it didn't give enough coverage. I am a full coverage foundation girl. I went back and exchanged it for light medium and it is a perfect match. I put on a light moisturizer and use the e.l.f. kabuki brush to dust this on. For areas I need more coverage, I use the sponge on the lid to lightly go over those areas a few times. I don't even use a primer and it lasts all day. My nose gets slightly dewy (not shiny) after 8 hours or so but the foundation didn't slide off.

The packaging actually doesn't bother me, except that it is too bulky to fit in a makeup bag. When I use my kabuki brush, I put it on top of the container and flip it over quickly to get the right amount of powder on the brush. I then swirl, tap and dust. It takes only a few minutes to get the perfect skin. Unlike others, I actually use the sponge when I don't feel like pulling the brush out for touch ups. I am very very happy with this foundation and this is one of the best I have tried in a very long time. I think this will also make a great setting powder for other foundation.

I think the price is reasonable. You get a good amount of product and you only need very little. I am in love and will definitely get it again!