MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

4.5

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 4/2/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have only been using this for about a week but overall am very pleased. Coverage is very controllable - can be light or a little heavier if you need extra coverage. Color is great for my N5/NW20 skintone. I'm very oily and have found this to not contribute to my oilies, it's not really 'matte' but it doesn't make me look shiny either. I still blot about once/twice a day and after lunch usually do a swipe of blot powder. It holds up pretty well, my day starts about 6 a.m. and I get home about 6 p.m. so after 12 hours I can tell where the foundation is starting to fade which is normal and expected especially to those of us with overactive oily skin! I was using my 187 brush to apply but this morning pulled out a Prescriptives Buff brush I've had for awhile and I think it does a better job especially when you want a bit more coverage, I suspect my Kabuki would probably do the same thing. While I'm not completely sold on the whole 'MMU is better for your skin' hype I am overall pleased with this foundation.

on 11/24/2008 12:33:00 AM

I have just starting using this powder and it is wonderful. Previously I have always worn a fluid foundation, but this is so easy to apply. I don't think much of the packaging and I must admit that the sponge is not the best applicator for the product. I use a kabuki brush which works brilliantly. The first couple of times I wore it I had to be convinced that I really was wearing foundation, but the look was great. I do apply MAC primer first and use the Studio Fix after. It seems to work all day and the colour is great for my skin. The bottle is a bit on the small side for the price, but I would definitely purchase it again. This foundation feels like you are wearing no foundation, it is so comfortable and particularly good in warmer weather. I find it best to shake the jar before I apply it to mix the powder properly. I like the sheen it give me. My skin glows and looks healthy, not shiny or wan. A definite must for me.