MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.8

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this foundation! This is the very first mineralized powder that does not sink into fine lines or pores after a couple of hours- I just didn't think this was possible! The finish is smooth and natural-very important to me,being as I am 41 and have some fine lines happening...it's inevitable, unfortunately :-(. This gives a great natural finish as well...allows my freckles to shine through, which, again, is important for someone my age... freckles allows a sort of youthfulness to us older gals, lol.

on 3/23/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Bought the new version in the clear jar with the black lid. I do not like it at all. I bought it to use as a setting powder, not as a foundation. It's good i did because this does not have nearly enough coverage on its own, even considering how sheer its supposed to be. I am an NC25, a MUA on the MAC online chat told me to get Light/Medium. It's too light, I look very pale and washed out with it on. Also, I use a brush to apply my face powder, and the only way to do it with this is to turn the jar over and dump some into the lid. Inevitably, product gets wasted. Finally, this does not last at all on me. I apply it over Studio Sculpt foundation, so it should have some staying power. But by halfway through the day, it looks like I have no makeup on. Not good. Overall, very disappointing and will not repurchase.

on 7/24/2010 6:00:00 PM

I have been using Studio Fix for years, but when I went in to buy a darker shade for the summer, I decided to give the Mineralize SPF Foundation a try. Wow, I'm so happy I did. I thought I loved Studio Fix, but I love this one even more. It looks and feels more natural on my skin. Another great thing about it is that I used to get so oily in the t-zone that I would need to apply Blot Powder several times a day, but since I started using this product, I can get by with only one light application of powder half way through the day. :)

on 5/5/2010 9:35:00 PM

This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used and I have tried many. I am a foundation addict. As I get older, my skin gets more dehydrated. Most mineral foundation is too dry and they settles into my pores and fine lines. If I use a heavier moisturizer underneath, the foundation looks blotchy.

But not this one! This goes on very smoothly, gives great coverage, and give me an airbrushed look. I have never had a foundation that made me look airbrushed because my pores are usually very noticeable. The best of all things is - this does not oxidize. Almost all foundations oxidize on me, even other MAC foundations. It makes my pores and fine lines seem invisible. It doesn't break me out but I rarely break out.

I am NC20 and I was initially given the medium shade. It was too dark and my skin looks dull. I also thought it didn't give enough coverage. I am a full coverage foundation girl. I went back and exchanged it for light medium and it is a perfect match. I put on a light moisturizer and use the e.l.f. kabuki brush to dust this on. For areas I need more coverage, I use the sponge on the lid to lightly go over those areas a few times. I don't even use a primer and it lasts all day. My nose gets slightly dewy (not shiny) after 8 hours or so but the foundation didn't slide off.

The packaging actually doesn't bother me, except that it is too bulky to fit in a makeup bag. When I use my kabuki brush, I put it on top of the container and flip it over quickly to get the right amount of powder on the brush. I then swirl, tap and dust. It takes only a few minutes to get the perfect skin. Unlike others, I actually use the sponge when I don't feel like pulling the brush out for touch ups. I am very very happy with this foundation and this is one of the best I have tried in a very long time. I think this will also make a great setting powder for other foundation.

I think the price is reasonable. You get a good amount of product and you only need very little. I am in love and will definitely get it again!

on 4/14/2010 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Color of this was too yellow for me but my biggest concern was coverage and this did not give good coverage. Still prefer my original bare minerals. Also hated the jar-messy and can't see how much is left.

I was so excited to buy this product after using ID mineral foundation for years. I wanted this product to keep at the office so that I didn't need to bring my other foundation in each day. I did trial it in the shop but the assistant used a full coverage concealer type product underneath (which I didn't buy - I was told it wasn't needed - but which clearly made the foundation look good).
It has a very poor coverage and makes my skin look dull and lifeless. I can also "feel" it on my skin which I hate. While the applicator (as part of the lid) is a good idea, it doesn't work in practice. It's way to stiff to blend the product well. I know the colour is right for my skin but it just looks awful compared to other products I've used. For the price, I thought it was a poor buy.
I'm throwing away this product after only a couple of uses . . .

on 2/20/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big foundation person, but *love* this product! I had been looking for a light foundation with an SPF to even out my skin tone and this one is perfect. Yes, it is expensive, but I would rather purchase something that works than buy cheaper foundations that I'd never really use. This product adds a nice, natural glow and is not heavy. So far I've been applying it with a kabuki brush, but it's really small and contains a sponge, so you could even keep it in your handbag.

on 10/16/2008 9:41:00 AM

I am truly shocked by the horrid reviews! I have tried many MMUs and this one is great. I don't see a shine or sparkle. Goes on smoothly and stays. The packaging and amount could be better for the price but if it looks good who cares IMHO.

on 7/5/2008 4:51:00 PM

This powder wins hands-down for stupidest packaging I've ever seen. The sponge is not useful at all and it's a little difficult to get the powder out with a brush, but other than that, it's an OK mineral powder to wear as foundation in the summer months. I wear Studio Fix in the fall and winter and it just felt too heavy for July, so I thought I'd try this, and it is lighter and provides good color. However, the SA told me that this is the exact same formulation as the pressed powder version, so if I buy it again I'll get that so as not to mess with this silly sponge business.

on 6/25/2008 9:57:00 PM

Love love! I don't use the sponge thing I use a brush similar to the 187. This has the best coverage and feel. I use it with Fix+ and it lasts all day long (I use a primer to). I don't get shine like I do from Everyday minerals. It also doesn't give me that powdery look. The only downside is the price and it is hard to get right now!