MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

4.3

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 2/15/2014 11:38:00 AM

After using Lumiere Minerals for 8 years (they closed shop rather suddenly, while I still had an unfulfilled order) I've switched to this. Honestly I was a scared when my go-to foundation suddenly disappeared, the hardest part is finding a color match. I tried Bare Escentuals first, but, like always, I was having a hard time finding a color that was pale enough with a yellow base. So I tried MAC's and I'm glad I did. I tried medium first, way too dark for me, though it will probably work great mid-summer once I'm tan. Then I tried light and this is perfect. In fact, I think it's actually a better color match than the Lumiere that I was using for so long. I think it covers well, as good as any loose mineral powder, and it has very good staying power. I still need concealer for under my eyes and some of the worse discoloration around my nose, but I also find that to be normal for mineral makeup. The price is also pretty good, you get a giant jar for $30, it will last several months using it every morning with touch ups around lunch time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing again for many years to come.

I am loving this foundation. I just cannot pull off Studio Fix anymore, it looks way too cakey and never goes on my skin smoothly, it always ends up looking patchy...yuck!

Enter this foundation. Didn't have high hopes for it because of the mixed reviews, but decided to try it out anyway. I love how silky this goes on, it gives me a nice med coverage. I am okay with the packaging... the sponge applicator is useless in my opinion. I have applied this with my 182, 187, and 129 brushes... Pretty much any fluffy and dense brush will apply this like a dream. The 187 not so much though, the synthetic white hairs are a little to "pointy" and just send powder flying everywhere :(

All that being said, I will try the Light shade next time because I did notice some oxidation going on. I am barely an NC20, so maybe the Light won't have that issue.

on 7/18/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this stuff! Used Studio Fix for years, and it suddenly didn't work, I think my skin is getting to dry. So, I tried this. Glad I did. I think that all loose powders are a pain. Just do a couple of quick, gentle shakes up and the product comes up with ease. I use a big fluffy brush to apply and goes on well. Plus, it has SPF! It last several months for me, I use it daily but don't use a whole lot. Love it!

on 7/7/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

My search for the perfect foundation is finally over. For reference, I am 35 with quite dehydrated (read: flaky) skin around my nose and chin area. Fair skin, blue eyes. I've tried literally *all* of MAC's foundations, and with the exception of MSF Natural, loathed them all without fail. I popped into MAC this morning to pick up some Cleanse Off oil, and just on a whim asked about the Mineralize foundation (cream compact kind). The MUA had a proper look at my skin (Love you Andi!) and warned me that he didn't think the one I was interested in would suit me. He suggested the Loose version instead, but told me he would apply both, one to each half of my face, and let me decide for myself.

Once he was done, he grabbed a mirror and asked me to go outside with him (sunny day today). I cannot tell you how much I adore the Loose Mineralize foundation! Unlike it's creamy counterpart, its coverage is sheer but even and silky. It doesn't look like anything on my skin at all. Its hasn't dried out and gone flaky. It didn't sink into and accentuate my pores. My face doesn't look like a mask. It isn't too sparkly, but still has some depth. My skin looks (and feels!) absolutely amazing. Its been 4 hours since I applied it, and I spritzed it with MAC Fix+ to freshen my skin after lunch. It still looks gorgeous! :) I will test it for a few weeks, and update this review if my opinion changes.

My advice to people with dry skin who have had bad past experiences with Minerals: Try this one! You'll adore it!

Cons: The packaging is horrendous and completely impractical. Don't use the sponge applicator, not even once! It will contaminate your product and germs will breed like crazy, aggravating breakouts. Instead, use a makeup brush. I use a MAC 109 to apply and buff this into my skin.

on 3/16/2010 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I found this foundation by coincidence when I went to the Mac counter to get a 150 brush (which I absolutely love) and the SA tried it with the same brush (150) and I fell inmediately in love with it but before I bought it I went outside to check it under day light and I had to get it right away :) I just love it! In my opinion is the best foundation from Mac and one of the best mineral foundations out there. Im nc25 and I was matched light medium which is perfect it disappears on the skin leaving it flawless and younger looking with a healthy luminosity. The staying podwer is great but the container not so and forget about the sponge that comes with it I dont even know how to use it :O I dont find the container bad since I only pat the brush onto it and get the exactly amount I need.
This is my HG mineral foundation

I have never used mineral makeup before and I thought I'd give this a try since it's nearly summer and my liquid foundation might be too much. I have normal/combination skin that can get slightly oily in hot weather, although I can get the odd dry patch too. Light Medium shade is a perfect colour match for my NC25, I was quite impressed with how it "disappeared" into my skin, I normally struggle with foundations being too pink, too light or too orange. The finish is not exactly matte, it's natural/dewy because it has small shimmer particles - very discreet, no obvious "glitter" here! I've applied this with my 187 brush (I find it too messy to use its own applicator) and used a very small amount which gave me good coverage. When I've checked the finish on a different light, away from my makeup table, I was dissapointed to notice that my skin had a slight powdery look and all my fine lines and pores were somehow accentuated. This doesn't normally happen when I use a good liquid foundation, I guess mineral makeup can be ageing for some people and I'm one of those. I have managed to get this working for me by using it very, very lightly as a setting powder on top of my foundation to tone down the shine. I didn't have any problems with breakouts or itchiness but I found it quite drying when I've used it alone on top of my moisturiser or primer. I think it's a great product, just not for me.
EDIT: As the summer got warmer, I am reaching for this more often than I thought, it's the only foundation that doesn't suffocate my skin, without compromising on coverage. I am using it on top of my Elemis sun screen SPF30 and it works really well.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great packaging, bad product. I was excited when this came out, but it was dissapointing. The coverage is not bad to say,however it barely lasted 2 hours on my face, like it had melted off. i much prefer my HG mac Studio fix powder to this in terms of coverage and staying power. the finish was also a little too shiny for my liking, i like matte polished finishes. thumbs up for the packaging though.

on 4/26/2008 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got this and love it. It is the closest thing I have used to making my skin looked airbrushed and flawless.

I agree that you it is so much easier to use to pour it into a little dish or somthing before you apply because my first application was just very average but second application I was able to swirl my brush (kabuki) around in it. I looked at it in the mirror after about 4 hours and it looked just applied.

Of course, my major disappointment is that I bought it in Light and her that may be limited or discontinued. I hope that I will at least be able to buy it online.