MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.8

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 3/14/2012 4:13:00 AM

This is quite a good foundation for me, because it did not break me out, and the coverage is pretty good, providing that using a concealer under blemishes before putting it. I use another bb cream at the morning before going out and mac loose powder as retouch in the noon. however, it is very hard to get the powder. i need shake my bottle to get it out.

on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

my first mineralized loose powder. i love it so much, i chose this color so i can look natural. not too light n not too dark. i think its going to discontinued since i cant find it on the website :S well i love this, its been few days using this for atleast 4hours and i dont need much touch ups, it doesnt feel heavy on my face and no greasy feeling and the best thing is that no white heads showing up! :D the price is ok for this especially they give a buffer, which mac RARELY gives complimentary accessory. but the packaging it self is not the best for me. when they say loose powder they really made it LOOSE, if i tap the tube to get some of the powder up i can see bits of powder lying away and the buffer it self is hard to use so i just use a big kabuki brush :) but overall LOVE it! :)

UPDATE 20th of june 2012
dont get me wrong, i LOVE this thing but i think its replaced by the no spf mineralize foundation/loose powder, i havent really tried that one but i found some little whiteheads popping on my face and mymum asked if theres a makeup or skincare thats causing it, so i was on a holiday for a week and i didnt wear it, and i realized that there were no whiteheads popping out, thankfully it was finished so i didnt have to waste it. so i took away 2 lippies :(
shame though, i really did love it :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love the coverage and natural finish. It doesnt lok as though you're wearing anything at all which is useful for me as i want that natural flaweless look. The colour is really nice giving a nice bright complextion and the texture blends easily. The product itself i think is near perfect i just have a a few issues with the application as the powder puff isnt really good for getting into the nooks and crannies so i use my ELF powder brush. Also the price is very expensive! depends how wealthy you are really!

on 7/16/2010 1:50:00 AM

So I bought this product recently, wanting light to medium powder coverage for the summer without feeling heavy like I do with a liquid foundation. At first the MAC sales rep tried the "medium" colour on me, which looked great in the store. I bought the product, but I noticed that once I was home the medium colour looked too orange. Whether it oxidized or it was just too dark of a tone, I am not sure. I went back to MAC the next day and replaced the medium colour with light-medium.

This colour perfectly matches my skin, which is a difficult thing for me to find usually since my skin is a light-medium pale colour, with yellow and red undertones. It's very lightweight, but does not feel invisible on the skin. I use a very soft brush (Ecotools powder brush) to give a sheer look to my face. Although I have some acne and many red/pink acne scars, this powder is coverage enough to not make the scars very noticeable. My skin glows with this product, without any added shimmer or shine. I don't even need a primer beforehand, I just use this after moisturizing. There is NO caking at all, which was my biggest concern! It really does look very natural. The downside is that, as another reviewer mentioned, this product is not very good for oil control but in my experience it's not terrible, either. My nose gets oily after a few hours, but this powder does not end up looking as bad as it would with liquid foundation. A quick touch-up is all I need. And although the rest of my face is fairly oily, I have had no issues with it seeping through the powder.

I have only recently begun using this powder so I can't speak for whether it can cause pimples or not. If it does, I will be sure to update this review.

As for the packaging, yes it's horrible, but I've found a trick to using the product that works well for me. I've kept the protective sponge (the one you're supposed to throw away) so that excess product will not spill over. When I use the product, I tap my powder/kabuki brush onto it and apply. After I am finished applying the product on my face, if I notice any uneven patches on my skin, I dab the capplicator sponge to even it out. I also use the caplicator on my nose since it is very oily. With these two "tricks" I make sure the product is not wasted.

It is not a cheap product, but I will happily pay for it again ($35 CAD) since it works so well on me. Until and unless I find a better mineral powder foundation, I will continue using this.

I like how this product doesn't cake and leaves my otherwise dull, yellowish skin glowing. Although I like the sponge applicator, it does not make for an even distribution and I need to dust my face all over with a kabuki brush to prevent caking.

The smell can also be a bit off-putting but it goes away after a while so that doesn't really bother me. Coverage is also minimal, but perfect for me as I don't want to look like I have too much on. Works well with my Bobbi Brown concealer (shade of concealer doesn't darken with the application of foundation).

By midday, most of my foundation is gone and my T-zone (I have combination skin) starts to shine.

Overall, I still like how the product provides minimal coverage but an evened-out complexion. Albeit it could do better in terms of oil-control.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WHAT I LIKED
1. The packaging is very handy. I like the fact that the sponge applicator IS the cap.
2. It doesn't cake.
WHAT I DISLIKED
1. Although it doesn't cake, it doesn't look natural either.
2. It has a bad smell. If you've ever played with millipedes and smelt your hands after, the smell is quite similar to that, but less strong.
3. It's SO pricey, and it runs out really fast for the everyday user. I went through a bottle every 1.5 months or so!
4. The sponge applicator it comes with is not the best. But it does the job (just not very well).
5. It doesn't sit as lightly on your skin as mineral foundation should. It feels exactly like a cream foundation.
THE LOWDOWN?
It doesn't live up to its name. ;p

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The foundation was quite nice, but I thought I got the wrong color ( light-medium) and it made me soooooo orange! Give it to my cousin who is a little bit darker than me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product!! Gives natural coverage and makes my skin look so much better The packaging is a bit rubbish but I would definitely buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

At first, I had my reservations to try this product out since I really love my MSFN in Light Medium and Medium Plus (summer shade) but I'm glad that I did give it a try... since... now I have a back up for it and it's one of my staples!

What it's said to do (from MAC website):
A lightweight loose powder mineral foundation that provides the skin with a smooth, radiant, natural finish. Brushes on the skin for medium-buildable coverage. Special mineral complex helps keep skin healthy and nourished while the blend of moisturizers and conditioners in the formula help create a smooth, flawless application. Provides everyday SPF 15 sun protection.

My personal experience:
Please note that I have been using this with my MAC 187 (skunky/duo fibre) or MAC 182 (kabuki/buffer brush) and I've gotten smooth, natural results this way. I do enjoy the packaging, since it prevents any of the loose powder to get everywhere when I'm travelling or even when at home being tossed around in my bathroom/makeup bag.

The colour matching for me was perfect, though I was originally matched to Medium, I felt it was too pink and went to another store to get matched and loved the look of light medium on my skin much better.

I do use Prep and Prime SPF 50 prior to application and lightly spray Fix+ Spray after application. I find that this allows me to get medium foundation coverage, but still with a natural finish on the skin--not piled on or cakey.

The only cons I have with this product are the following:
a) it can be sometimes hard to tap the product out of the sifter.... causing it to get everywhere and wasting the product;
b) the price, I feel like I am getting great results for what I'm paying for, but at the same time I get great results with the MSFN with money saved.

All in all, a great product, I have a back up of it for whenever the one I'm currently using will run out. Will definitely repurchase, most especially if MAC decides to lower the price ;o)

I did not have much expectations for this product, however I find that when i use it with a kabuki brush it gives great results, the sponge applicator that comes with it does not work that well for me as the coverage is too heavy for my liking.
The finish is fab' i normally wear sunscreen everyday and put powder on top, my previous experiences with other powders did not give me a smooth finish as i hope. this powder does well in that department. It also helps control the oil on my t-zone which i love.
Can't say i love the packaging and the price but it is still something I will re-buy