MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.4

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought the new version. It shows up all my pores :(

I had heard great things about MAC and once my mineral foundation ran out I went straight to the MAC store. I tried on this shade and it looked fine when the lady at the store applied it on me with a nice brush. But once I got home I found the sponge to apply very unevenly and cakey. So I had to use a separate brush, which was annoying to carry around. Mineral powder is meant to be good for your skin, but it made me breakout really badly. I took it around with me in my bag, and the MAC logo on the container scratched off entirely, and so did some paint(?), which made it look cheap.

Colour was waaaay too orange for my NW15 skin (but that was completely my fault for picking the wrong shade) and the packaging wasn't too desirable. However if its definitely your shade (check in natural light first!) then it should be nice as the texture gave an airbrushed effect.
Didn't work for me.

on 4/11/2009 8:28:00 AM

after heart broken with MAC MSF compact one I still want to try this first I'm disappoint again....again a chalky cakey powder....oh no...but!! Second try with my new posh face powder brushes! It's work my face look smooth inner glow a bit valvet and a little matte. I like this it's will my foundation that I were from now on my happy easy day or shopping day!

It' look natural but I want something that look more super natural well next target is Lunasol micro finish loose powder in transulcent I will try and compare with MAC and I will make a decision to end up my journey finding my HG loose powder

on 12/21/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. I have it in Light, not Light Medium. It has nice coverage and a little bit of shimmer, nothing too sparkly, just makes your skin look nice and luminous. However I'm not really a fan of the packaging, I often have to keep replacing the lid and shaking it to get more powder when I need more coverage. I like that it hasn't irritated my ezema or caused breakouts, it makes my skin look nice and naturally flawless. It surprised me how much I paid for this, but I think its worth it. I've almost run out, so I'll probably be repurchasing.

EDIT: At the end of my second container of this and I've changed my mind. After years of being on the "my-foundation-is-MAC" bandwagon I have realised that none of their foundations match my very fair, cool-toned skin. I had given up on MAC liquids long ago but thought this was still ok- alas, it is indeed too yellow-based for my skin. Strike one. Strike two: where is the staying power with this stuff? I want something that will keep me from being shiny and blotchy all day. This doesn't do the job - wears off after 4 hours max, especially on nose and chin where I need it most. Strike three - sometimes too sparkly and I look like a glitter fairy (not my style, I'm afraid).

So I suppose I'm finished with all MAC foundations now! I still think this is a good product, it's just not what I need. A tip for those it does work for: if you're after slightly heavier coverage from this (medium coverage rather than light), take off the wee spongy covering on the "capplicator" and just use the one that is attached to the lid - it picks up more powder and deposits it more heavily. It doesn't feel as nice as the covering but definately increases coverage,

on 11/14/2008 9:04:00 PM

This is the exact thing I've been looking for! A foundation with light coverage, but matting and light on the face. I also bought in the pack. It's so convenient! Light and little. No extra sponges and brushes needed. Would never spill. The ideal product! However, one flaw is present: I do not like the smell since I'm highly sensitive to them.

I was at a MAC counter and asked an MA about a foundation that would be light but give enough coverage for my skin without blocking my pores. She did a demo of this product on me before I bought it and it looked really great, my skin had a nice glow to it.

It doesn't make my skin totally matte, which is a good thing for me as I prefer my skin not to look like that, but controls the oil very well.

I don't use the built-in sponge because it's not very hygienic so I instead I tip a little bit out onto a clean tissue and apply it from the tissue to my face with the MAC 136 brush.

The only downside is that the packaging sucks! It's quite hard to transport as it's quite an awkward shape and the powder has a tendency to spill, especially after I took out the sponge! Now it won't go back on!

I will definitely be buying this product again but this time, I'll be sure to keep the sponge in there, even if I don't use it!