Kuumba Made Zen Rain

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/24/2014 9:56:00 PM

I love love love this scent! Zen Rain is so fresh and clean. I will be buying more for sure!

on 6/16/2014 2:27:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I am very very picky about perfume. I dislike probably about 90 to 95 percent of all designer fragrances(the sort you'd buy at a department store or Sephora; Versace, YSL, Armani). I don't want to generalize, there are some very nice designer perfumes but to me, most of them smell totally cloying and unpleasant or very cheap and boring. I discovered Kuumba Made fragrance oils at my local Sprout's. They are gorgeous. The fact that I either liked or loved every one of their scents speaks volumes to me. I would(and plan to) buy and wear almost all of them. Zen Rain was the first I bought. I got it because I needed something oil based to add scent to my homemade lotions and bath bombs. The floral absolutes I love are beyond my budget at the moment and I'm not a big fan of the scents of some of the less expensive essential oils they sell at Sprout's. Kuumba FO's were only $10 for 1/8 of an ounce, so I turned to them. I had a VERY hard time deciding which fragrance to try. I finally settled on Zen Rain. I have ended up wearing it as perfume I like it so much. It's floral, but very fresh and clean. When looking for a fragrance to use in my homemade products I wanted something I wouldn't get tired of quickly; something with a bit of complexity and sophistication. I find that I can easily get tired of fragrances that are too simple and sweet. This definitely fills the bill. Using it by itself as perfume I notice when I first apply it there is a very prominent rose note. As it dries down this note fades into the background, becoming just one component on the mix. I'm not sure what all the components are in this mix, but as I said it is a sophisticated and refreshing floral. One last thing I'd like to mention is that this stuff lasts for EVER. I swatched some of the tester on my wrist at Sprouts, and I could still smell it faintly 24 hours later!

on 8/28/2009 1:07:00 AM

A China Rain-type scent (soft green floral with a sheer, clean musk base). I view Body Time China Rain as the standard China Rain scent (arguably the original), so I'll compare it to that: Kuumba Made's version is sharper, with a lemony top note and citrusy rose in the heart. (In spite of its sharpness, I can put my nose right to my perfumed arm and sniff deeply without causing any sinus pain.) The sandalwood in the base keeps that refreshing sharpness through the drydown. The floral notes aren't as sweet (I'm not smelling hyacinth or clover in this one). The musk seems to be different from Body Time's as well--Body Time's has a soapy quality (also in the well-known China Rain imitator, J.Lo Glow), but Kuumba Made's doesn't smell soapy (though it is very clean). I like it best in warm weather (that sharpness isn't appealing when it's cold). Easy to wear and somewhat calming, as China Rain scents tend to be. If Body Time's version (which I also love) seems a bit blah and flabby to you, Zen Rain might be worth a try.

was looking for a little inexpensive fragrance pick-me-up. Many people here suggested picking up one of the Kuumba Made oils at my local Whole Foods. So I made a boring trip for some essentials more interesting by choosing one to take home. I had a very hard time deciding between 4 of them - Zen Rain, Persian Garden, Lily of the Valley, and White Ginger. I finally decided on this one. The web site describes it like this:
"A clean, spicy, fresh, lightly floral, watery scent. A lovely evocative and refreshing combination of oils whose fragrance reminds us of the desert after a gentle spring rain."
I think it smells more like a lush garden after the rain, but that's certainly not a bad thing. It's very fresh and yet floral. I detect a skin-type musk , lily of the valley, rose, and something like carnation or amber. It's hard to detect, but it's something sweet but spicy.
I love rollerball applicators, so that's no problem for me. It's such a delicious little treat for the price. It's sexy but not overpowering and very soothing and refreshing.

on 12/5/2009 12:54:00 AM

This is a beautiful and exotic scent. It lasts all day on me! It is very unique and really smells like an oriental rain scent. Although I usually wear it in the daytime, it can be worn at night just fine and also at any time of year. Besides the above, you can't beat the price! I wish they made lotion and body cream too.

Popular Fragrances