Dior Addict High Shine - 714 Model Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.7

This is my second Dior addict high shine lippie - love the sheer, shimmery formula and this is a gorgeous hg nude on me - just enough color to brighten my complexion and make me look healthy and not washed out(dark brown/hazel/NC20). Love this lipstick and the packaging. Will definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am returning this to Sephora today. I can't even tell that I have it on, it has zero color pay off for me. I guess my lips must be too pigmented for this color.

on 3/30/2008 10:52:00 AM

Mmmm!
The new Dior Addict High Shine Lipsticks are only available at Sephora - unless you can find them online somehow. I got mine at Sephora. I love them!
I bought Model Brown (#714), Catwalk Mauve (#680), and Runway Red (#750). I love them all!
I was able to check out some of the other colors while visiting Sephora and will try to give you an idea of those too.
First of all, Model Brown, the real subject of this review: It's a pinky-brown color, very natural-looking except very shiny and with fine sparkles, so you look dressed up and made up but not glaring out some odd color. For me, an aging semi-paleface with blue-pink undertones and grey-blonde hair, it's a slight touch too dull or browny but I love it anyway. A touch of rose gloss in the middle of the bottom lip would fix it to perfection (while it lasted).
This whole new line of High Shine lipsticks, by the way, has the slick, luxury feel of the Ultra-Shine line, but at least some of the colors have more pigment to them, and last longer.
I checked out most of the colors in High Shine and can tell you that most of those with lower numbers (300 and below) and/or with names like Nude and Sheer are really pale and light. For me they do nothing, or less than nothing; a lady of my age looks dead with pale lips. These are lipsticks for Somebody Else; I know from reading in MUA that some women even like to lighten their lips.
In the Sephora display that I saw, the pale ones were to the left of the display and the colorful ones were to the right. Among these, I checked out several. #612 Chestnut Chic is a complete clone of the Shiniest Chestnut color in the Ultra-Shines, though perhaps it lasts longer, not sure. #754 Flamenco Red has the most pigment, apparently, of any of the colors; it's a scary bright red that is not for me. #734 Gipsy Red is an orange-red, which I could wear if I wanted to look bad on purpose. #914 Front-Row Fig is an egregious (to me) purply-brown, too dark for the likes of me; there are lipsticks like this in Clinique which I prefer because they are sheer and just work out nicely because of that. But for some folks #914 will be great, I'm sure.
The one I still covet is #624, Cranberry Coquette. As it was I dropped $75 for three of these, so will probably splurge on the Cranberry later.
Overall I love this line, just not the really pale ones!