Maybelline New York Affinitone

3.8

on 2/21/2016 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wouldn´t buy it again since i´m looking for something that was a better coverage.
Anyway, if you don´t have many scars our your looking for something to make for skin tone more even it´s a nice option, it´s easy to apply, it doesn´t feel like you have anything on your skin, it´s quite affordable and the produtc smells well.

on 9/19/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Since they discontinued my favorite drugstore foundation (Bourjois Matt Lovely) I was in need of a new cheap foundation. I came across with Maybelline Affinitone at my local drugstore, at a reasonable cheap price. I picked the lighest shade and I thought it was a bit darker for my skin, but it blended perfectly with my skin tone. Overall, it's a good foundation, it stays all day and looks natural. Sometimes it feels a bit heavy on my skin, so I just mix it with my moisturizer to make it lighter.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is an amazingly good foundation. I have combination skin but somehow lately HE foundations just look awful on me and I am guessing it must be my skin because they all actually make my pores more visible.
This foundation does not minimize but does not cakeup around pores either. Coverage is buildable and very very easy to blend (really it makes Lancome Teint Idole Ultra seem worthless in blending easiness).
The color I use 17 Natural Rose is a pinkier version of EL DW Fresco on my face.Somehow it is a bit darker than my skin but it actually matches it well. And it is easily the most uniform finish I got lately from ANY foundation (from Clinique to Chanel).
The matching powder (I use 18 Sand Rose) is very velvety and super soft. However the powder's applicator is joke (I mean - really? :D they could as well not put one at all). Powder finish is matte but not cakey (my Tzone cakes up lately at anything mattifying).
I really think that people w/ oily areas and especially combination skin should try this one, not Dream Mat Mousse (which only makes things worse). It is not too oily (even though it does contain Vitamin E) and it's smooth enough not to cake up around pores and other imperfections.
Also demi-hides the undereye circle... I mean demi...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best drugstore foundation I have ever tried! I bought this because was on sale, and honestly I didn't expect much.. first of all, when I swatched the lightest shade in the back of my hand (Vanilla Rose) I thought "oh no, this is a little bit darker and pinkier than my skin tone", but then I put it on my face and, well, it does what is supposed to do: it kind of adapted to my skin tone!
It applies so nicely and softly. Coverage is not heavy or masky at all, it gives a nice, supple and natural look. Btw, I apply this with a damp sponge immediately after I spray a couple of spritz of Mac's fix + in my face.
I would add though, this foundation may result a little to moist for very oily skins. I have combination/oily and it works fine. I set it with Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose powder and I blot my t-zone aproximately 4 hours after, which I always do even when my face doesn't look very shiny, just to re-fresh things up.
**EDIT: I took one lippie off, just because even when the color is not that different from my skin tone once applied.. I just can notice is not the right match! I haven't found a lighter shade in this line. Other than that, I really like the formula, but not HG for me.