Maybelline New York Affinitone

Maybelline New York Affinitone

2.8

on 5/21/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was exited when i found first time not pinky foundation, so I bought even two tubes of this product when it was on sale. What a huge mistake!

Package is horrible, messy and many times product run out of tube.

Color is bad bad if you are pale. I swear, it's orange!

Price is not bad, have seen more expensive crap.

At the end I got rid of this product because it's drying, made me look orange and because of its very runny texture.

Never again!

I bought this foundation before a date, when I was in a rush to cover my skin imperfections with something. I have the lightest colour, Light Porcelain, which is okayish for my pale skin, but still a tad too yellow.
The foundation is really liquid and drips from the tube too easily if you open it. What really disappoints me about it is that it ALWAYS makes my skin get flaky. Always. It looks like a mask on me, and makes my skin look dry, lifeless and flaky, no matter how much moisturiser I apply beforehand. Also, it does a terrible job at covering acne and imperfections.

I should have bought the Affinitone Mineral, that one is definitely a better version (and more expensive).

on 9/19/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Since they discontinued my favorite drugstore foundation (Bourjois Matt Lovely) I was in need of a new cheap foundation. I came across with Maybelline Affinitone at my local drugstore, at a reasonable cheap price. I picked the lighest shade and I thought it was a bit darker for my skin, but it blended perfectly with my skin tone. Overall, it's a good foundation, it stays all day and looks natural. Sometimes it feels a bit heavy on my skin, so I just mix it with my moisturizer to make it lighter.

on 4/8/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: don't even bother trying this - there are a lot of much better cheap foundations out now
I didn't like this much...
This foundation is light-to medium cover (buildable), but it doesn't look natural on me. There aren't many colours, so it was kinda hard to find the right shade. I didn't like at all that this foundation glitters, which I didn't notice when i bought it.
I would say this is better for dry skin.

Edit: the fact that it glitters isn't that bad, if I wear a powder over, this doesn't show at all. Still, I would say theres not many shades, and it still is hard to find the right one for me, but still, I rebought. Still doesn't look natural though. And transfers pretty bad.
I think this may work for some people, but I'm not sure if this is the right foundation for summer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For a drug store fundation, this is one of the best fundations I have tried. The cover is sheer, but easy to build up where needed. I have quite dry skin, and this fundation blends into my skin easily without making my skin looking dry during the day. It stays put all day, and I have never needed to reapply during the day. The consistency is thin, but I still apply with my fingers since that is my preference. The result is smooth skin. I do not apply all over my face, just where I think it is needed, and this works well with this fundation.

If you are looking for a fundation that gives you full coverage, this is not the fundation for you. But if you need light coverage it is worth trying. I use it some times as a concealer, and are pleased with the result.

My skin is pale (NC15), sensitive and to some degree acne prone, I have used up almost the whole tube of fundation without any reactions so far.