Maybelline New York Affinitone

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline New York Affinitone

3.5

on 3/15/2017 9:58:00 AM

I'm using shade number 14(Creamy Beige). I was looking for a nice hydrating foundation but I got a dry one. The biggest problem that I have with this foundation is how it appears on my face - sometimes it goes on so well (but it gets patchy after an hour or even less) and sometimes it goes on horrible and it looks like I'm wearing a shade darker than my skintone. It is so anoying! The packaging says "ideal coverage" but I get very little coverage. I wouldn't buy this foundation again, actually I'm currently looking for a new one.

on 5/13/2015 11:16:00 AM

does anybody know where can i buy this product in BELGIUM? cause i have tried it in italy and i really liked it. it has a perfect coverage and very nice texture. thank you

It's alright

I am currently using this product almost daily but I am not entirely satisfied with it.
First of all because I cannot find the right tone,which happens with mostly all of my foundations. And secondly,because of the extremely messy package. I also find this product a little bit too "oily" when applying it.
The price is good,but I expect more from Maybelline when it comes to quality.I am going to use it further but with the first ocassion,I will switch to something else.

on 9/11/2013 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation made me break out in horrible cystic acne! I already have acne prone skin but this foundation made it worse than ever. I never had such bad breakouts. I tried it several times, thinking maybe my breakouts were not caused by this product, only to find they really really were. After one wear I had so many cysts that I had to detox my face by not wearing any makeup and doing intense treatments for at least a week. This foundation is definitely going to the trash. It is not for oily/combo skin types either, it made me look like a grease ball in like half an hour.

One plus side is that it did match my skin tone perfectly, I had bought a shade darker than my normal color, and wore it several times in summer. Each time I wore it I was bronzed to a different degree, but it never looked like a mask on my face. It always matched.

So maybe it is going to be ok for you if you have dry-normal skin and no acne problem, I don't know.

I would say the coverage is sheer to medium. Wouldn't cover acne scars or anything. It is also reasonably priced and the packaging (mine came in a glass bottle with a pump) is useful.

on 4/28/2013 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been using this foundation for almost 4 years now, and I must say no matter how many foundations I try, I always come back to this one. It's cheap, it reminds me to the Mac Face&Body but it looks more matt and perfecting to me. It feels light and it didn't get me oilier that any other foundation. I even share this with my mom, and the tone that we have fits both of us as it sets amazing to your skin tone. I set it with a bit of Mac studio fix (any other powder will work if you have oily skin) and it lasts about 5h even in summer (I live in Madrid, so we have pretty hot summers).

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I used to use it 2 years ago, but dumped it, and here are some reasons why.

-So, the first thing I'd like to mention about this foundation is that it's freaking SHINY. It looks awful. You can set it with a powder, whatever.
But the truth is that it doesn't really last long (3-4 hours) and tends to get super oily, especially on your t-zone.
-The coverage is light to medium, I would say, but it doesn't really cover any serious problems. It's like you're applying something pretty oily on your face, simply smudging it all over.
Of course, you can try to apply more and more of the product, but I wouldn't suggest that.

on 12/31/2012 7:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like to use this foundation mixed with a dollop of moisturizer. It brightens my face and looks very natural, which is, of course, the desired effect.
It doesn't have a particularly great coverage but if you're looking for a product that will level out your skin tone and leave you with a gloriously satin smooth skin, look no further.

on 12/1/2012 6:34:00 AM

I don't usually wear foundation but when I DID by this one I bought it with the intention of wearing it for competitions and stuff like that.

I am not satified with the outcome, maybelline is usually a good line, but it's too runny, you shouldn't use it straight out of the tube, warm it up on the back of your hand.

The range is minimal (as it ususally is with drugstore lines), I bought nr 24 and it was too light even in my winter coating when I am at my pale state. I have combo skin with slightly oily forehead, AVOID if you are prone to dry skin. I started flaking around my mouth. This product only ALMOST work if you have oily skin.

A very liquidish concistancy, which dries up into an matte finish. Easy to blend with (fingers go best) and an medium to high coverage. Does not break out my skin. Overall look is nice. Only thing some may be sensitive is the awful smell or the bottle/tube in which it's very hard to control on how much you want to get out from it (comes in literally a hole which lets out the foundation in large amount, unless you have quick reflexes).