Maybelline Affinitone

Maybelline Affinitone

3.5

on 7/30/2014 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

In my view, this is not a foundation for someone with oily skin. The consistency si pretty much the same as any other bb cream and the coverage is very light. It gets me oily in an hour or two even though I use mattifying primer underneath, and it broke me out after only two days! (I am pretty sure it was the foundation since I am using my skin care products for quite some time) I would not recommend if you got an oily or acne prone skin. It's just not for me whatsoever.

on 3/15/2017 9:58:00 AM

I'm using shade number 14(Creamy Beige). I was looking for a nice hydrating foundation but I got a dry one. The biggest problem that I have with this foundation is how it appears on my face - sometimes it goes on so well (but it gets patchy after an hour or even less) and sometimes it goes on horrible and it looks like I'm wearing a shade darker than my skintone. It is so anoying! The packaging says "ideal coverage" but I get very little coverage. I wouldn't buy this foundation again, actually I'm currently looking for a new one.

on 10/30/2015 2:35:00 PM

I don't like it. I have shade 09. It suits my skin so perfect but I don't like the finish. I get oily in T-zone and this foundation doesn't help me at all. It doesn't mattify my face even if I put powder at the end. I get shiny in about an hour.
I really don't like it so I won't repurchase it.
Maybe it will suit you if you have normal skin.

on 9/11/2013 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation made me break out in horrible cystic acne! I already have acne prone skin but this foundation made it worse than ever. I never had such bad breakouts. I tried it several times, thinking maybe my breakouts were not caused by this product, only to find they really really were. After one wear I had so many cysts that I had to detox my face by not wearing any makeup and doing intense treatments for at least a week. This foundation is definitely going to the trash. It is not for oily/combo skin types either, it made me look like a grease ball in like half an hour.

One plus side is that it did match my skin tone perfectly, I had bought a shade darker than my normal color, and wore it several times in summer. Each time I wore it I was bronzed to a different degree, but it never looked like a mask on my face. It always matched.

So maybe it is going to be ok for you if you have dry-normal skin and no acne problem, I don't know.

I would say the coverage is sheer to medium. Wouldn't cover acne scars or anything. It is also reasonably priced and the packaging (mine came in a glass bottle with a pump) is useful.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I used to use it 2 years ago, but dumped it, and here are some reasons why.

-So, the first thing I'd like to mention about this foundation is that it's freaking SHINY. It looks awful. You can set it with a powder, whatever.
But the truth is that it doesn't really last long (3-4 hours) and tends to get super oily, especially on your t-zone.
-The coverage is light to medium, I would say, but it doesn't really cover any serious problems. It's like you're applying something pretty oily on your face, simply smudging it all over.
Of course, you can try to apply more and more of the product, but I wouldn't suggest that.

on 12/1/2012 6:34:00 AM

I don't usually wear foundation but when I DID by this one I bought it with the intention of wearing it for competitions and stuff like that.

I am not satified with the outcome, maybelline is usually a good line, but it's too runny, you shouldn't use it straight out of the tube, warm it up on the back of your hand.

The range is minimal (as it ususally is with drugstore lines), I bought nr 24 and it was too light even in my winter coating when I am at my pale state. I have combo skin with slightly oily forehead, AVOID if you are prone to dry skin. I started flaking around my mouth. This product only ALMOST work if you have oily skin.

on 5/21/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was exited when i found first time not pinky foundation, so I bought even two tubes of this product when it was on sale. What a huge mistake!

Package is horrible, messy and many times product run out of tube.

Color is bad bad if you are pale. I swear, it's orange!

Price is not bad, have seen more expensive crap.

At the end I got rid of this product because it's drying, made me look orange and because of its very runny texture.

Never again!

I bought this foundation before a date, when I was in a rush to cover my skin imperfections with something. I have the lightest colour, Light Porcelain, which is okayish for my pale skin, but still a tad too yellow.
The foundation is really liquid and drips from the tube too easily if you open it. What really disappoints me about it is that it ALWAYS makes my skin get flaky. Always. It looks like a mask on me, and makes my skin look dry, lifeless and flaky, no matter how much moisturiser I apply beforehand. Also, it does a terrible job at covering acne and imperfections.

I should have bought the Affinitone Mineral, that one is definitely a better version (and more expensive).

After trying many other foundations I came to a conclusion. This doesn't cover enough and I don't have major skin issues. I would not recommend but if you want a light foundation this is for you.

on 8/2/2010 9:38:00 AM

I bought this because it is fragrance free and I was out of foundation at that moment. The color range is very limited.
The lighter ones (at least here in Belgium) are pinkish so I got number 24 Golden Beige.
It's too dark and I can only away with it during the summer. So I've added it to my Project 10 pan.
The coverage is medium and the foundation looks quite natural. Due to the limited color range and since it's not dirt cheap either, I can get a better foundation for just a little bit more.