Maybelline New York Affinitone

Maybelline New York Affinitone

3.5

This foundation has been advertised every 5 mins on tv in poland in the last week ive been here and of course I couldnt resist buying it- plus my HG studio tech has been looking a little heavy at times so I thought this might be just what Im looking for :) Firstly, I got #14 Creamy beige, I also tried the next shade up which I cannot remember the name of but it had 'rose' in the name and also another one up 'golden'. Im NC30 but to be honest leaning more towards NC25 lately in the harsh uk/polish winters! I walked around the store for 10mins or so and ''creamy beige'' looked the best of the lot- the rose one dried pinkish and the ''golden'' (the darkest shade in Poland anyway) resembled more nc35/40 and was quite tan. The foundation glides on really smoothly and ''buttery'' also very light in texture- for those ladies who have tried mousse foundations it glides on very similar to that. Coverage is light, but you can layer as much as you like and it DOESN'T look cakey or like u have been layering it- very very natural. However I found layering it still doesnt give much more coverage so i just used my becca concealer here and there. It also gives a lightly dewy glow- its not totally matte, neither is it very glowy- just a nice in between. I am so so impressed with this foundation. I really wasnt expecting much as I usually dont like d/s foundations- but this is miles and i mean MILES better than my by terry light expert foundation. In summary, I would say this is a foundation for those sundays, running errands, going to visit parents (my mum is forever complaining she can see my foundation too much!) this is so light and u honestly cannot tell you are wearing makeup- in the tv ad it says that even up close your skin looks perfect. And it does! In natural daylight, outside, up close and my mum was actually impressed and that takes a lot! Studio tech is still my HG for evenings and going out but i do feel in the day it can at times look obvious- this just isnt the case with this foundation! I give it 4 lippies because it has been really sunny here and quite warm in the last couple of days and this foundation has just been wearing off so quickly and slipping off on my t-zone (i have combo skin) not too mention looking shiny :( I dont think i would reccomend this for oily skinned ladies

I was surprised by this foundaton. I usually don't like drugstore foundations, but this is actually really good. It's sooo natural and it covers without looking thick. Also it leaves a pretty glow.
Best way to apply it is to buff it in with a wet sponge. It's too liquid to apply with your fingers and with a brush it took me ages. Will definitly repurchase.

on 7/23/2009 3:27:00 AM

It's a very cheap foundation. I mostly use it on my body. But I also tried to conceal some redness on my face by it. On body it worked really nice. On face it worked not bad.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For a drug store fundation, this is one of the best fundations I have tried. The cover is sheer, but easy to build up where needed. I have quite dry skin, and this fundation blends into my skin easily without making my skin looking dry during the day. It stays put all day, and I have never needed to reapply during the day. The consistency is thin, but I still apply with my fingers since that is my preference. The result is smooth skin. I do not apply all over my face, just where I think it is needed, and this works well with this fundation.

If you are looking for a fundation that gives you full coverage, this is not the fundation for you. But if you need light coverage it is worth trying. I use it some times as a concealer, and are pleased with the result.

My skin is pale (NC15), sensitive and to some degree acne prone, I have used up almost the whole tube of fundation without any reactions so far.

on 8/23/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in number 14 because it was the lightest tone there because most were sold out and it seemed like a good color. It stays on so well, blends and comes cheap. I am really addicted to it and I don't want any other foundation.

very good one for this price. With one layer, you have light coverage and even skin tone. But two layer you have very very good skin and also not seem thin. If you have large pores, i dont recommend to use because they become larger with this one. Except that pore problem, i cant find any minus point. i wist it will be having spf :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is not the worst I've ever tried, but definately not the best. Application is easy, the colour (sand beige) is good, but after a few hours my skin was so oily I looked like I had just splashed water onto my face. The coverage isn't good for anyone who has a lot of red dots and scars. But, I think this is a nice product for dry skin types who don't have a lot to cover up.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best drugstore foundation I have ever tried! I bought this because was on sale, and honestly I didn't expect much.. first of all, when I swatched the lightest shade in the back of my hand (Vanilla Rose) I thought "oh no, this is a little bit darker and pinkier than my skin tone", but then I put it on my face and, well, it does what is supposed to do: it kind of adapted to my skin tone!
It applies so nicely and softly. Coverage is not heavy or masky at all, it gives a nice, supple and natural look. Btw, I apply this with a damp sponge immediately after I spray a couple of spritz of Mac's fix + in my face.
I would add though, this foundation may result a little to moist for very oily skins. I have combination/oily and it works fine. I set it with Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose powder and I blot my t-zone aproximately 4 hours after, which I always do even when my face doesn't look very shiny, just to re-fresh things up.
**EDIT: I took one lippie off, just because even when the color is not that different from my skin tone once applied.. I just can notice is not the right match! I haven't found a lighter shade in this line. Other than that, I really like the formula, but not HG for me.

I love it...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Affinitone surprised me very much, I never expected such quality from a drugstore brand to be honest. My face is oily and acne prone, but I also get dry and flaky spots around my nose. Light formula liquid foundations make my imperfections stand out, and heavily formulated foundations sit like a mask on my face, and the flaky areas look awful. Affinitone is a lightweight formula, easily applied, the color matches wonderfully and my skin doesn't feel coarse. It makes my skin very soft to the touch and covers imperfections perfectly. I apply just a dab of BE foundation or BE mineral veil afterwards and it's just the perfect look. My face looks flawless.