Maybelline Volum' Express The Hyper Curl

Maybelline Volum' Express The Hyper Curl

3.4

on 7/5/2016 9:21:00 AM

this macara is my HG waterproof mascara.it is way better than the lash sensational mascara..this give more volume and I don't need eyelash curler to curl my eyelashes..it is definitely way easier to remove than the Magnum mascara which will take forever to remove.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first discovered this mascara when I first started wearing makeup (around 17 years old) and being a newbie I did not think this mascara was good. I recently went back to this mascara one day when I forgot to bring my mascara with me and I borrowed my mom's mascara (it was this one). I was astonished by how well it held up the curl. It doesn't exactly give the volume that it claims (I have short and sparse lashes, so I do notice changes) but you can always apply two coats to make them look thicker. It's waterproof and by the end of my usual sweaty and oily-faced, hot and humid days, my eyelashes stay curled and as black as it can get. It separates them too but doesn't make them clumpy. Would I buy it again? Um I already have bought a spare!

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My HG mascara, until I find a better one. However I have been trying many different mascaras and keep going back to this mascara.

First of all, this mascara isn't going to give amazing length, volume or drama.
Its an everyday mascara.
It gives some length, some volume, and is all-around amazing for those who already have long eyelashes.

I know there are many other mascaras which are like that as well, but where this hypercurl mascara does well is that it is a dry formula which does not flake, smudge, clump, etc.
I hate it when I have to wait for those wet-formula mascaras to dry.

As someone with already long, dark and thick lashes, I do not like wasting time on my eyelashes. I want to be able to throw on 1 coat of mascara on my eyelashes and immediately walk out of the door. I hate fixing mascaras after putting them on, waiting for mascaras to dry, combing my lashes out after applying mascara, or going back in to curl. I have to do NONE of that with the hypercurl mascara.

Really. Just 1 coat on my long lashes and I have them emphasised and highlighted as one of my best features. Emphasised, but does not look overdone. Due to the dry formula, not too much product gets on the brush which means there is more control over mascara application, which means little clumping and smudging. The mascara dries down in seconds. I don't have to worry about it the whole day out at all. It stays put, does not flake, smudge, run or whatever, which most mascaras do in the hot summer where I live. Curl your eyelashes before mascara application and this mascara does not weigh them down and makes your eyelashes stay curled. The whole day.

HG. Really.
If you have long lashes and want a FUSS-FREE mascara that enhances your lashes without them being overdone, get this.

on 5/26/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This mascara is fairly waterproof to my tears, but with rain I'm pretty sure it would disappear. I don't think it really "curls", but it does lengthen. Tendency to be clumpy though, and I think the packaging is poor since after about 2 months of regular use, I can't close it properly due to a crack at the rim...

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For me, this mascara lengthened my lashes more than it gave it volume! I think it's good for more of a natural look. My lashes weren't curled too much when using this, I guess mine are just too straight, ugh
What I like about this is that it doesn't get clumpy easily! I got this at a pretty reasonable price too; it's a decent mascara, but I probably won't purchase again since I want to try out for something better!

on 4/19/2016 8:45:00 AM

I can't say that this mascara lived up to my expectations. It doesn't dramatically lengthens your eyelashes as they claim but makes your lashes slightly a bit more longer . What's great about it is that it really is 100% waterproof and doesn't easily smudge . If your looking for something that adds just an extra oomph to your lashes try this but I personally wouldn't repurchase it 😊

This mascara is great when you want your lashes to be more defined and looks like having naturally curled lashes and not the vavavoom dramatic lashes. I have extreme case of long, straight asian lashes, so obviously I have to curl my lashes beforehand,but this mascara's formula is kinda lightweight that it does not cause my lashes to droop, which is awesome! It clumps, but not beyond control. I like this one better than the highly raved rocket version, which is heavy, causes spider-y lashes and sticky as hell... Definitely reccomend this for daily use!!!

on 9/2/2015 3:38:00 AM

Dont buy this mascara thinking it helps you to skip the eyelash curling part. You still got to curl your lashes before using this. But the HG part of this mascara is that it holds the curls very well for the entire day!!! When I say entire day, it means more than 14 hours!

I have naturally straight pointed downwards lashes, but it does the job of holding my curled lashes so well. I have tried other brands of mascaras which weighs down my curled lashes and wasted my efforts of curling it in the first place.

It does the voluming job very well, but not much on the length. I usually use another lengthening mascara on top of this so that I get best of both worlds.

In a nutshell, for those with straight downwards lashes like me, please put in efforts to curl your lashes, then apply this. You can thank me later.

(Don't expect this mascara to do the curling for you, no mascara in the market can ever do that.)

on 8/22/2015 10:35:00 AM

Sorry to say but this is really dissapointing.It literally does nothing.i dont like to write negative review like this but i really have to be frank,really nothing

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the waterproof version and it held my curl (I curled my lashes before applying the mascara). That's it though. It clumped my lashes, no volume or length. Disappointed.