MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

2.5

100 silica

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I bought the sample size and Im glad I didnt sink 30$ into the full size.
Packaging:The sample size is so small, its impossible to apply unless you are using a tiny tiny brush, for my preferred application method...just not feasible. I like to use a puff to place it in the t-zone, then blend with a large fan brush. Luckily, I was out of my ELF Setting Powder, so I dumped the MUFE powder into that container, which made at least application more sensible.
Performance: I found this to be incredibly hard to blend. Itís like it immediately soaks right into where ever you pat it, giving you no window for blending. With my NW-43 skin, Iím sure you can see my frustrations. It looks ok (I guess) once I spray some Fix+ over it, but if you look close, you can still see a splotchy mess. It does absolutely nothing as far as any kind of oil control. I feel like it almost gives my makeup a dull, caked on appearance. Its alright(I guess), but honestly, I like the 6$ ELF powder much, much more.
continued >>