Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.2

100 silica

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok so I have really oily skin, especially during the Spring and Summer months. Heat and humidity are direct adversaries of my fresh finish that I leave the house with in the mornings so I was on the hunt to find a loose powder to combat my shine...MUFE HD Microfinish has been the most helpful in doing so thus far. It definitely sets my make up beautifully to a smooth finish and I also will say that its performance as far as controlling oil is commendable, at best. I'm almost sure y'all have heard horror stories of the "white cast" curse associated with this product. Personally, I haven't experienced it but have seen some YouTube vidz and pics that confirm this complaint. BUT you can minimize the appearance of the white cast by applying the powder very lightly and with a stippling brush (MAC187) or any stippling brush you can get your hands on for that matter. I used this to finish my face over my Garnier BB Cream (combo/oily skin), but have yet to use it over my ALL TIME fave foundation: CG Queen 3 in 1. Although, I doubt that it would change the performance of this powder since CG 3 in 1 is spectacular.
This powder is expensive (approx $38 @ Sephora), but it's not so bad because it will last a long time considering that you don't need much at all to achieve your desired look. It's very finely milled and lightweight on your skin. Therefore, I give it a commendable rating; however, I will continue to shop around for something that may be a little less expensive and that won't potentially leave a white/ashy cast when taking flash photos. Definitely worth a try at least. BTW, get the travel sized container if you can because it's half the price of the full size and will last a while also.
~Adrienne Starr

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I bought the sample size and Im glad I didnt sink 30$ into the full size.
Packaging:The sample size is so small, its impossible to apply unless you are using a tiny tiny brush, for my preferred application method...just not feasible. I like to use a puff to place it in the t-zone, then blend with a large fan brush. Luckily, I was out of my ELF Setting Powder, so I dumped the MUFE powder into that container, which made at least application more sensible.
Performance: I found this to be incredibly hard to blend. Its like it immediately soaks right into where ever you pat it, giving you no window for blending. With my NW-43 skin, Im sure you can see my frustrations. It looks ok (I guess) once I spray some Fix+ over it, but if you look close, you can still see a splotchy mess. It does absolutely nothing as far as any kind of oil control. I feel like it almost gives my makeup a dull, caked on appearance. Its alright(I guess), but honestly, I like the 6$ ELF powder much, much more.
continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I was at Sephora looking for a loose powder and the sales consultant immediately brought me to this product. At first I hummed and hawed about it because of the price. I also thought I would need something that had a bit more colour and not so transparent because I wanted to brighten my face. Anyways to make a long story short. I lightly dusted this on my face and what a transformation!! Just a tiny bit of powder on the kabuki brush very completely minimized my pores, brightened my complexion, and took away the shine. The other thing that's amazing is that it lasts for a very long time. I didn't have to dust more on till 8 hrs later and my skin is typically very oily. My makeup looked fresh and foundation didn't lose its colour (It usually darkens through the day. The only tip I have is use a very little amount and to do all your make up blending before applying. I accidentally applied it before my blush was completely blended and afterwards it wouldn't budge. Anyways the price seems high but considering how very little you need and how well it works it is worth every penny and more.

Also just wanted to add that I probably wouldnt have purchased this if I saw the review ratings before hand. I guess this is just one of those products that works differenly for each person.

****UPDATE***!!! TOday I was taking pics of my face under low light with a flash to see what foundation looked more natural on me and to my horror i could not believe that this powder showed up so brightly and streakish all over my face. Im serious I blended it with the kabuki bursh like crazy!!! Under no flash my face looked great, but how can I trust this product. I can't guarantee I'm not going to be in someones flash photo and it's not practical for me to take a picture of me every morning after i put make up on just to make sure this stuff is under control. I'm so sad I thought I found my HG powder. I can't see myself using this product again. By doing this little photo check I saved myself from possible embarassment. So sorry you guys!!! I had to drop this from 5 to 3 lippies.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a good setting powder. I'm an NC 45, and I don't have that white cast problem that many other girls have when applying this. I don't need much at all and it sets everything I need it to and mattes me out a little bit. I use a tiny bit, dab my fluffy powder brush and buff into the brush then sweep onto my skin. Doesn't cake and is invisible on my skin and makes my makeup last much longer, I like this. This is my first setting powder though so I haven't really branched out, but I'm glad I picked this as a first choice.