MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.9

100 silica

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I hated it. I really wanted to like it, and I tried it countless time, during 3 different seasons (summer, autumn, and winter). I also tried applying various amounts and with different face brushes too, but it still didn't work for me. The product made me look ghostly and awful in pictures. It also was a little drying. I like the texture and how smooth it goes on, but it just doesn't work on my skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have very, very oily skin with huge pores on my cheeks. Attractive right? Haha. Well this stuff helps tons in controlling oil when used BEFORE putting on foundation and a small amount after. I recommend using a cosmetic sponge to lightly press into the skin or a dense brush. That helps to fill in the pores. Just be careful not to use too much. A white cast is never cute, especially on us dark skinned beauties.
Oh, and be practical and purchase the smaller container. It lasts for several months, even with everyday use.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I threw all of my other powders out. I feel that my look isn't as cakey with this stuff. Just like most of MUFE products, this is pricey but a little goes a long way with this product because it will alter your final look if too much is applied!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this for about a year and a half hoping it would do what it claimed, but no avavil. I have oily skin and even with a silicone primer, milk of magnesia, and revlon cs foundation, this didnt really get my makeup to last any longer or look any better, nor did it control oil that well. My face still gets oily within the same amount of time that it would without it. My maykeup doesnt look ne better, in fact it looks worse. I use this sparingly with a powder brush and only use it on my t-zone, but still, a ghost like appearance. I swapped it and will never buy again. Im sure there are better setting powders out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I haven't done a review in a while, but I had to write one for this product! It is truly amazing! I have the most oily skin in the world, and I have tried so many different foundations and powders, only to have to blot, use oil mattifiers, etc. in less than four hours. When I put on this powder, I don't blot for the whole day. I do get some shine after eight hours, but it registers as that gorgeous "dewy" look.
This product is translucent. I was skeptical because I have dark skin and this powder is stark white, but using a light hand, this powder will be invisible on the skin.
I pour a small amount of powder into the lid, then use a fluffy powder brush to pick it up. I shake off the excess, then firmly press the powder all over my face. This gives a soft focus, non-powdery look that is really good for me, as I have terrible skin texture and pores.
If you have problems with a powdery look with this product, I highly recommend using Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to take some of that away.
The only con I have about this product is the price, but for beautiful looking skin, I think it's worth it. Plus, you can get a small size that will last a long time for $15 at Sephora.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I reallylove this powder. I use it over my HD Foundation in #178. It just sets it perfectly and leaves a poreless look. Try it ladies. Worth every penney.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product. It gives me a "just-left-the-makeup-artist's-chair" each and every time that I use it. It minimizes my pores and gives me a soft, natural matte finish. Normally I look like an oil slick halfway through the day as my makeup slides south, but this product keeps my makeup looking fresh for hours! Key things to note: 1) A LITTLE bit goes a LOOONG way. That small container of powder is going to last you for a long time, which is good considering a tiny jar is $30. 2) Use a light hand and an over sized, fluffy powder brush to apply the powder (think airbrush with a brush instead of air). 3) (IMPORTANT!!!) Only apply the powder AFTER you've put on your other makeup (i.e. blush, highlighter, bronzer) as the powder has prevents the other makeup from adhering normally to your face.
The container may be annoying, but somethings are worth a few minor obstacles.