Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

4.3

100 silica

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skin is combo, acne prone. I use this to set my makeup every single day. I have dark skin and yes, I only use this during the day because it will flashback at night :) It look amazing during the day and gives a natural, flawless. finish that is never cakey. At night I use my MUFE compact in Chocolate/218 to set my makeup.

My combo, textured skin does not like talc at all, and this is one of the very few high quality loose powders that is talc free and silica based. The finish is AMAZING, conceals pores, absorbs oil, sets makeup very well. It is gentle, not full of crazy ingredients and is just awesome. I prefer to apply it with a medium size fluffy brush. You can adjust though - a beauty blender or velour powder puff will apply it heavier for a SUPER matte finish that can last for 7+ hours.

I'm glad they made the container wider, but you get less product for more $$. However, it lasts a long time.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I completely forgot that I had this product in my makeup case. I just started using it again along with Sephora Anti-Shine Primer and I'm in love again! Because the powder is so white and can make my brown skin look ashy and dull, I put a bit on my brush and then mix it with my regular Bronze/Brown pressed powder for a perfect matte finish. I highly recommend this product if your face turns into an oil slick within minutes after applying make up. I can get a good 3-4 hours before I need to blot my face. Thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this powder. I have been using it for many years and it's still the best IMO. It is very lightweight and I use it to set my foundation as well as throughout the day to mattify my oily skin. When used lightly, it gives the skin a smooth finish. Pores are less visible and the skin stays matte for quite awhile. Do not apply this powder heavily (especially under the eyes) or you'll end up looking like a reverse raccoon.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I reluctantly said that I would repurchase this if I ran out or lost it because for the most part that's true. I wanted a translucent powder that would keep shine at bay but NOT add more color to my face. This is that powder. Yes it's silica. Yes, it just glides onto the skin and doesn't sit in lines or pores (at least not for me). Yes, a little (and I DO mean a LITTLE) goes a really long way. Yes, it's been my experience that it does leave a white cast on your face, that really is only visible in pictures that use flash. If someone were looking at your (well my) face, they would see nothing, just a great shine free face. Pictures without flash are fine as well (in my experience).

So here's the deal with this powder. You HAVE to know how to use it, meaning application is most important, and that takes trial and error. I've found that big fluffy brushes are ok, but you want something a bit more dense and you want to really kind of buff this powder into your skin. Not hard core buff like you would do with your foundation, but definitely think flat top brush or kabuki, less big fluffy powder brush. I mean I know it's a powder, which would lead one to want to use a powder brush, but honestly something more dense would be your best bet.

The other thing that's trial and error is the amount. You really really do NOT need a lot of this powder, otherwise you WILL look white/pale/cakey.

ETA: I ended up returning this. It was just too messy and I found myself afraid to use it, just in case someone took my picture and I looked like a ghost. I'm using some of the Ben Nye powders to set my foundation instead.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I hated it. I really wanted to like it, and I tried it countless time, during 3 different seasons (summer, autumn, and winter). I also tried applying various amounts and with different face brushes too, but it still didn't work for me. The product made me look ghostly and awful in pictures. It also was a little drying. I like the texture and how smooth it goes on, but it just doesn't work on my skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have very, very oily skin with huge pores on my cheeks. Attractive right? Haha. Well this stuff helps tons in controlling oil when used BEFORE putting on foundation and a small amount after. I recommend using a cosmetic sponge to lightly press into the skin or a dense brush. That helps to fill in the pores. Just be careful not to use too much. A white cast is never cute, especially on us dark skinned beauties.
Oh, and be practical and purchase the smaller container. It lasts for several months, even with everyday use.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I threw all of my other powders out. I feel that my look isn't as cakey with this stuff. Just like most of MUFE products, this is pricey but a little goes a long way with this product because it will alter your final look if too much is applied!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this in conjuction with the MUFE HD liquid foundation. I think this is a really nice product. I have been using MAC for a few years but never found a foundation and loose powder that I was really happy with. I am not a huge fan of powder foundations becuase after a while they appear cakey and "made up". I like a more natural finish during the workday. Anyhoo, I really like the texture of the product. The silicon makes my face feel ultra smooth. They also make large pores appear smaller. I have two really huge pores that I noticed a few months ago that drive me nuts. I have had issues in the past finding products that make them appear smaller. This really does help reduce the appearance of them. I wish it would "magically" erase them, but this is close enough. I like the product. It's expensive and if you can check out the travel size which is on sale incidentally for $15 this week at sephora (yay!) I think its worth the money and a little goes a long way. I have to say that this is a quality product. Check it out!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this for about a year and a half hoping it would do what it claimed, but no avavil. I have oily skin and even with a silicone primer, milk of magnesia, and revlon cs foundation, this didnt really get my makeup to last any longer or look any better, nor did it control oil that well. My face still gets oily within the same amount of time that it would without it. My maykeup doesnt look ne better, in fact it looks worse. I use this sparingly with a powder brush and only use it on my t-zone, but still, a ghost like appearance. I swapped it and will never buy again. Im sure there are better setting powders out there.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For reference I am NC50/NW45. I read reviews by women of color that it looked like flour on their faces. I figured that perhaps they used the wrong brushes or applied too much. I went to Sephora and requested a sample. I applied it almost like the mineral makeup method (swirl and tap) and it worked! I used it over my foundation and it looked immediately polished. I went back to purchase full size and the SAs at Sephora we so excited of my purchase you thought I was purchasing from their personal collection. The price is steep and I usually don't shrug at prices so it will pay for itself many times over. Dark skins sistahs, do not be imitated by the transclent color. With a light hand/right brush, it will work!