Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like the HD powder in the sense that it does not give me a white cast, sets my makeup nicely and provides a matte finish. I have combo/oily skin and I need a powder that can set my liquid foundation so I don't turn into a grease ball, and this powder prevents greasiness and shine overall, but there are also a few qualities about this product that I really don't like.
For starters, the packaging is absolutely atrocious and hard to work with. You would think that since MUFE asks the consumers to pay so much for their products that they could at least provide some decent, easy to work with packaging, but no, that is not the case. The powder does not come out easily, and when it does, it is often too much, so the expensive product you paid for is partially going to waste. I ended up taking the sifter off the top so now I can just put my makeup brush directly in the container, which makes it easier, but is still a little cumbersome because of the awkwardly small width of the packaging that isn't wide enough for most powder brushes.
Another complaint I have is if applied too liberally, this powder can settle into fine lines and accentuate dry spots easily. I don't use this around my eye area to lightly set my concealer because, even when applied very sparingly, it settles into every fine line in my eye area, so I use another light setting powder, which is annoying because the MUFE HD powder should be fine and silky enough to not settle into lines as much as it does.
If you have normal-dry skin and/or mature/aged skin, this powder will probably not be the best for you due to its tendency to settle around dry spots and wrinkles/fine lines. If you have skin that tends to be on the oily side, this powder might work well at setting your foundation and providing an even, matte finish, but use conservatively because too much of this can make you look cakey and dry. When used correctly, I like the look this powder gives my skin, but due to the inconvenient packaging and the dry spot and fine line accentuation, I won't be repurchasing. There are much more affordable setting powders available that provide the same, if not better, results.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is not worth the price tag AT ALL. I feel like i have to put more product on my face to achieve the matte finish. It does not blend well at all, I am olive skin and you can tell when I am wearing this powder because it gives me a chalky look.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, and while I do like it I can't fairly say that it deserves all the hype. It's a very soft and smooth powder with a very silky finish. I have dry skin and if you use small amounts it really shouldn't dry you out. The only problem I have with this is that I have a tan/olive complexion and I've noticed that it gives my face a white halo making my face look slightly lighter than the rest of my body. If you have lighter skin I suggest this, if not then maybe not. It is pricey but a little goes a long way, I bought the big one and I have so much I don't even know what to do with it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I tried the travel size of this product. I'm not saying its a bad product but I just didn't visibly see the results. I ended up returning it. I know its a cult classic product but it just did not do anything for me that I could SEE which is really important in my makeup routine. I need to see results!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay, so I wrote another review on this product on the other item that is this( the same thing is listed twice), but I decided to delete that one completely. When I first got it, the SA told me to use a brush and it completely displaced my makeup and made me dry, etc. It was terrible and I gave it a low rating. Two very nice people saw my review and sent me messages telling me to use a powder puff instead. I waited a couple of days before trying it out again, and I LOVE IT. I went to Sephora and literally talked to about 3 different SA's because they were all telling me to use a brush, and it just doesn't work with a brush for me, sorry. No matter whether I swirl it, tap it, stipple it, whatever. But I purchased the Laura Mercier powder puff and used it over my Bare Minerals foundation and OMG it looked great without drying or displacing my makeup! I was shocked! I voted it a 3 price wise, because I bought the travel version for like $15 (along with the puff for $12) and I honestly don't think that's bad. That's how much a lot of drugstore brand stuff costs, so I really don't think it's a big deal. For everyone who tried it and find it drying or that is doesn't do much, try using a powder puff.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is horrible! Oh my gosh! It may be okay if you will be outdoors and not taking any pictures because the white cast you get around your face with the flash is horrendous!!! I am not over exaggerating!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this all the time to set my makeup. It's a nice translucent powder that is very finely milled; you can apply layers and not look chalky.

pros
- finish; It makes my pores smaller and helps give that Airbrush look

cons
- in flash photos you will look chalky (if you apply a lot)

I'm still on my jar of this stuff, it lasts a long time. Although I use it sparingly. You don't need a whole lot.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Is it also for a dry skin?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love, love, love this product. I have two :) One for personal use and one for my kit. I think it does work wonders. I do see a difference when I don't use it (I gave it a test,hehe) I use it to set my concealor then put powder on top, and set it again.

I think the people who are saying that it looks "ghostly" with it on, I think you're using a little too much. Try it again...

One thing I would change about this powder is....
A little goes a long way, the snap and go would be sooo much more effective for this product because it ends up spilling to the side and blah blah. But nothing else bad to say :)

Make Up Forever, you have my heart forever.