MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55

2.9

100 silica

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder, i really did. Its so silky feeling it seems like it should be as magical as it feels. But I am over the hype of silky feeling products because i now know that silicone based products may feel silky but it doesn't mean they work for your makeup needs. truthfully this product intimidates me because I never know what its going to do to different foundations. as a professional makeup artist i have several different foundations i use on different people on any given day and i avoid this powder like the plague because sometimes its beautiful with a foundation and sometimes it totally ruins it. silicone is not compatible with all products, its just not. they play nice with some and look beautiful, and with others its like mixing oil and water. just make sure you test it at the counter with whatever you are using first. its not full proof for sure. I bought a jar of this powder 3 years ago and i cant' bring myself to toss it because it was so expensive i'm waiting to find the perfectly compatible foundation to use it with. i know its out there! (oh who am i kidding. i should just toss it and quit tripping over it in the makeup trailer!)

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is amazing! When properly applied (I use a kibuki brush) and used sparingly, it finishes your face so that your makeup lasts throughout the day. It's my new HG powder.

This make-up setting powder is amazing. All it takes is a little bit,too. If you use a light hand, it is lovely!

MUFE HD powder has solved a big problem. I have dry skin, so oily, shiny mattifying issues mean nothing to me.

I just need a little to set the concealer under my eyes. That's it. Have tried tons of powders and all were cakey no matter how little I used. THIS applied with a 224 eyeshadow brush is the answer. I love figuring things out that you don't read in magazines and books. Sigh. I love this stuff. It is so silky and soft. I have to keep reminding myself to think outside the box to solve problems.

HTH even one person! Under eye issues are so frustrating and talk about making ya look old!!! I will update if I find something else that helps further!

I got on the HD bandwagon and drove 50 miles to my Sephora to purchase this powder. I HATE it. I am fair and this powder shows up white on me. It made my face look ghostly. I will drive the 50 miles back to return it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm still trying to work with this powder. I so want to like it. I have pretty oily skin so when i use a light hand with this powder i find that it really doesn't control the shine very well. I usually have to touch up my face within a couple of hours. Now I've used other powders that have kept the shine away much better. If I go a little heavier it makes me look ghostly and i'm pretty fair as it is. I'm exploring other makeup reviewers looking for some good tips on the best way to apply this. I'll keep trying but if i can't get it to work the way i want it to i'll have to keep looking for a good loose powder. I definitely will not be repurchasing. For the price that it is it should be working miracles but so far i'm not all that impressed.

I had high hopes for this product, but let me tell you, if you have any fine lines on your face it will really make them stand out. It also dulls your complexion. I really don't like this at all. What a disapointment. I think the only people that can use this is someone who has a flawless complexion and wants a very matte effect on their face.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is a lovely powder, but it is simply silica powder. You can buy the same thing yourself for pennies. Total rip-off (gasp NO! makeup?!? A RIPOFF??)

I will not repurchase. I bought some plain silica powder, and added some silk and pearl powder to it. These have some soothing and healing properties.

I'm a DIYer, though. Almost always.