MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24

3.6

100 silica

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I'm going to have to be a downer here and give this a so-so review, despite its massive popularity (which I really do understand---this product is perfect for a certain skin type...just not mine).

About me: I have quite fair, dry skin.

Pros:
- Controls oil pretty well. (Or it would, if I had any to speak of.)
- Despite its white colour, it doesn't actually look white on the skin, although I imagine it might appear whiter on someone who isn't already as white as me.
- Very finely-milled.

Cons:
- Very expensive, at $39 CAD, for what amounts to a pot of finely-milled silica (which is indeed the only ingredient in this powder). e.l.f. has a similar powder for $6.
- May show up very white on deep skintones.
- It's not suitable for dry skin, and will cling to and enhance the appearance of dry patches. It's a very dry powder, by virtue of being pure silica.

It wasn't an awful product by any means! And I can see why others love it. It just wasn't for me and my needs. If you have dry skin, you may want to skip this; however, if you have oily or combo skin, you may love this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

I would not buy it again since there's no Sephora (not in my country, neither in neighbor countries). Buying it on online makes it too expensive. I may try Tarte one which is cheaper online (compared to MUFE online). But I do recommend it to those that have the opportunity to buy it. Would recommend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Been using this powder for about 6 months and I'm truly obsessed! I use it quite heavily but there's still loads of it left in the jar. Totally worth the money. I use it after applying foundation, but before bronzer/blush. It's great for setting your under-eye concealer as well. It helps with smoothing out my visible pores and doesn't break me out at all.
Only downside I can see with this powder is that it isn't great at controlling oil. It doesn't allow you to become super oily, but maybe just a bit TOO dewy after a couple of hours. Other than that - really great product!! Will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I live in south Florida (hot & humid) and my face is combination, acne-prone, and sensitive. Before trying this product, I used a MUFE HD foundation with MAC powder over it. I saw a smaller size of this available near the checkout counter at Sephora for $16 so I decided to try it because I suspected my MAC powder was making me break out. Now, this is my holy grail setting powder. It matches any skin tone because it is translucent. I find that it manages the oilier spots on my face and doesn't make the dryer parts stand out. It makes my makeup last all day (at least 10 hours) and keeps my skin looking flawless because it sets the liquid foundation very well. I like the packaging because I tap a little bit of the powder into the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply from there. The smaller container I bought has lasted me almost a year and it looks as though I have used almost half of it. I definitely recommend this and will keep buying this myself.

Works really well! Especially on my clients when there taking photos! But for regular use there are better options. I personaly use lancomes saphire complex translucent powder instead because it works amazing! And plus your just paying for the brand on this powder. Try the 6 dollar one from elf it does the exact same thing.

I use this to set my under eye concealer every day. Nothing budges under this powder, not liquid, not cream--nothing. I can, take a nap, run a mile, and know that my makeup has stayed where I put it as long as I've used this powder over it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well I really like this... it gives my face a softer finish when I use it over my matte foundation and it sets my makeup great, it doesn't budge. I live in Florida so its amazing during the summer to keep my face from melting off. Its kind of expensive at $30 but it does last a very long time. Not sure if I'll repurchase because I'd like to find something cheaper, but if I can't find something just as good I probably will.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.

I really like this, but not sure if I'd repurchase for the cost. Too expensive for what it is. I bought the full size so I'll be stocked for a while but in the meantime I'm gonna look for alternatives. It never made me look ghostly or anything but you do not need a lot, just a tiny bit. It makes my face look more natural after foundation & its great but not for the cost.