Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.6

100 silica

Just purchased my second container of this today (my last was bought in March 2016, so it lasts nearly a year). It is the most silky, flawless powder I have ever used. I don't use it to bake, only to set foundation (MUFE Ultra HD or Nars Sheer Glow). It truly prolongs the wear of my foundation and while this is expensive at $42 (in Canada), it is so worth it.

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this years ago and used it as a setting powder until I got annoyed with trying to get the powder out and onto my brush. I decided to start using it again on a whim a few weeks ago and started to use it to bake my concealer under my eyes and other areas in my t-zone that get shiny. I loved it. My undereye area felt silky and my pores almost disappeared on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I took a picture with a flash and saw the flashback. It looked horrible. I wish that it didn't do that. I don't get my picture taken every day, but I also don't want to try to find something else that works as well, but doesn't have a flashback.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this back when I was in college and at the time it made my face look incredibly flawless. I also used it during my makeup tests/demos at cosmetics school and it never failed to always make the girls skin look flawless. This was always my golden ticket to getting a good mark, and everyone would always ask me how I managed to make skin look so good.

I'm now 27 and recently repurchased this product remembering how wonderful it was back then. To my surprise my face actually looked worse wearing it. I used this as a setting powder after my liquid foundation and when I looked in the mirror I noticed my face instantly looked oily and almost had a slight sheen to it. I also looked ghostly and could see this powder on my face. Sadly as I went on throughout the day, within a few hours I felt my skin feel more oilier than usual and almost heavy like. I even tried wearing the powder alone on days where I did not want to wear foundation and wanted a more natural look, and again my face looked oily instantly and it felt oily as well.

Im not sure if they changed the formulation since I bought it many years ago but sadly I cannot wear this. I'm really not sure what happened or what changed so much. :'(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not for the life of me understand the hype behind this product.

I do own this powder, meaning I purchased it and chose against returning it. However it's nothing special in my opinion. There are actually drugstore dupes that surpass it's quality. I'm not crazy about the ELF knock off, but WnW has a pretty good pressed version.

Pros:
-Adds a polished setting to foundation
-Doesn't cake into fine lines under my eyes
-Mattifies skin
-A little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-If you apply too much, you're going to get the dreaded whitecast look.
-Offers no additional coverage to foundation
-Mattifies skin...but does not keep *my* oil at bay all day
-Expensive. I don't mind the price whatsoever, however for the quality I should be paying $15 at most. This is nothing special. The main ingredients are dirt cheap.

It's not a bad product by any means. I just wouldn't repurchase due to no 'wow' factor.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the small sample size from sephora. I don't mind it is probably the best thing I can say about this setting powder. It does a great job for under eye setting but if I use it anywhere else, it breaks me out. I find the packaging difficult to work with, I always end up dispensing more than I need. Those things combined adds up to not repurchasing.

I love this loose powder ! My face looks so smoth and polished when I use this after my fondation. I will by this again 😄

MUFE HD Powder goes a bit white for me and I'm very pale. It also catches on dry flakes.

I compared it to...

- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, which is more beige and blends into my skin better
- MAC Prep and Prime is very similar but more transparent and believable on me than MUFE
- RMS "Un" Powder is absolutely invisible with great performance (blurs imperfections, mattes shine)

The last 2 are my picks for HG powders.

I bought this in a sample size after reading rave reviews. Unfortunately, the first day I tried this was before an out of town shopping trip. To my horror, when I went into a dressing room to try on a pair of jeans, I noticed about ten *really* red bumps scattered about my otherwise clear face. These weren't pimples, mind you, just red irritated dots.

I figured it was the powder, so I tried it again on a weekend when I didn't have to go out in public. The same thing happened. This product just wasn't for me.

I ended up giving it to a coworker who loves it, though.