Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.5

100 silica

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin with few breakouts. I use this over top my estee lauder double wear foundation as a setting powder. I find a raised blemish stands out more when I don't use my HD powder, I find it gives a nice "blur" to imperfections.
I have to touch up minimally after about 4-5 hours wear. And only really hot and humid days it would be more frequent. It really depends what you are doing , because it controls shine very well if in a normal climate.
Even when I do touch up, it does not give that cakey look like it is layered on like other translucent powders do. It also does not leave my foundation colour looking ashy either.
I do notice flashback in photography with this product because I have tanned skin so it is easier to tell.

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Insane flashback in photos and it made me look more pale than I already am, made my skin look decent but I tried baking my under eyes with it & it gave me a weird uncomfortable numbing feeling, bottom line I've used better setting powders (LM translucent powder)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder just did not live up to the hype for me. I had been wanting to try it forever, since I'd heard so many glowing reviews of it, and I was lucky enough to snag a deluxe sample of it with my Sephora points. So fortunately I didn't spend any money on it.

I just thought the product wasn't very good. I tried it with three different foundations, and it produced the same effect with all of them -- a grainy, messy, sickly-looking finish. I was expecting to have a smooth, porcelain finish, but instead this left me looking like I had stuck my face into white sand. Not smooth at all. On the plus side, it didn't irritate my skin, nor did it dry me out. I just thought it wasn't very good. Will not be purchasing.
Maybe it's because, like another reviewer below who had a similar experience, I am extremely fair -- perhaps the whiteness of the powder made me look washed out and even more pale? I don't know. I had much better luck with Clinique's loose powder -- that made my face look very smooth and even. But this one, not so much. Disappointed by this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was sure I reviewed this powder before but hey.. I forgot. This is a decent microfinish setting powder that makes your skin look flawless and super silky. It does set the makeup fine. However, it makes the dry skin look flakier, and it can ball up if used with certain kind of product... Also, to me it's really similar, IF not the same product, as the HD setting powder from elf... so If you want to try this one but not try the price.. go and buy the E.l.f. HD setting loose powder, and you'll be all set.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

I dare say I am SHOCKED at the 66% rating on Makeup Alley! I totally thought this would be a HG for so many (it is a new HG for me).

So, you know how at Sephora you get "points" for every dollar you spend and then you can get little samples with the points? Well, one day the sample was this stuff so I got some.

What a smart move by Make Up Forever, because this is the kind of product that sells itself. It's like crack...give a makeup addict a taste and they will be back for more!

And I was! Before the whole sample was gone I ordered the big container and have loved it ever since. You only need a little and it sets your face and gives you a lovely matte finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a very small jar of this (GWP) and keep refilling it with a larger full sized jar. It makes my make up bag simple and small. It works just fine in my T zone where I don't want shine and to set concealer.

I have dry skin and do not use it to absorb oil

A nice thin transparent powder. Found ELF to be the same (LOL)

Got in the sample size, still not done. Like the tiny container and keep it in my make up bag as it comes in handy and doesn't take up too much space.

I then can refill when done, probably will go with ELF

This breaks me out in painful pimples and doesn't control shine for very long. However I do use it on models and it photographs well. I'll finish the tub, but I won't repurchase. I prefer dermablend translucent loose powder to this.