Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For my skin tone (nc30), I think this gives a slight whitish cast. And maybe it's good for occasions but not for everyday since it appears Cakey and makes it obvious that you have makeup on. Had a photo shop like effect (mattifies and blur out) so I am glad I got a sample size version only since I don't think I will use it often. And the packaging makes it hard to pick up product. Not recommended as a daily product or those who like a natural / dewy glow.

Love Love Love this powder.
I don't ware make up everyday, so usually one jar of powder will last me a year? or longer.
But this thing, I'm already to the last bit of this one.
I love how it gives my face a instant matte finish but with out looking dull.
And the best part is that it's transparent.
I've used powder products that's ivory or beige, I don't like them. When I use these powders to set the make up, the tinted powder will change my already perfect tone.
I even put this powder on my hair roots when I don't have time to wash my hair and in a rush to go out.
And now since it's humid where I live, I brush a layer on my neck to avoid the stickiness.
Will buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time purchase! It's my holy grail,make up staple!however,it does not look good on flash camera,u'll get white cast with flash.my face used to melt all the foundation after a long day, no matter I put on a primer or not,liquid foundation or powder foundation.This microfinish powder ensures all my make up to stay put,especially my eye lids. My job is demanding & long hours,I can't always touch up my make up at work.This product is a savior :) a bit pricey but worth the money.I don't like its packaging.it cracked easily,I bought the pressed microfinish powder,more convenient to bring it out.but bear in mind u must handle with care

i would say i love this product for daily used. .but not for special occasion where i have to take pictures..coz it does effect the pictures :(( my face look so white in some part and some part dark. .just horrible. ..i dont recommend this product for you who want to take picture esp with the blitz

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It makes my face look flawless and im dying to try the pressed powder version because obviously the loose powder just flies all over. I just wished it's more long-lasting and less expensive.

And to those who comment about the white-cast, you're supposed to apply this sparingly and blend it in with a kabuki brush.

I went to MuFE counter first time to buy this, seeing the astounding review from high end magazines for a couple of years. I was looking for loose pwdr to replace my bare minerals veil; not that i dun like them but it wasn't sold in my country. So i thought if i can get the replacement that sold in country, it'd best. The SA asked me to also try the HD primer, the camouflage cream, HD concealer (see my review on this) and since i don't wear foundation, he topped it with foundation compact powder and a brush of the HD loose powder. I ended up bought the primer, camouflage cream and concealer and off course the HD loose powder! I quite like the rest but ironically don't like the powder!!! I already re-purchased the primer and concealer but hardly ever use the powder. The powder make my face looks white, chalky, not improving my complexion at all. I only use it once w/out any other powder. I tried to use it sparingly on top of my usual bare mineral veil as the SA told me, but i couldn't see any differences at all!!! It becomes a un-necessary extra step that i've to put up evry morning. Give up after 2-3 times and now it's sitting in my make up drawer. Actually i want to make it works since i already paid for the product and looking at all great reviews about it. But no... Somehow it doesn't work on me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I give this powder props for being a good translucent loose powder (hence the solid 3 rating), as it does the job, but I don't particularly find it amazing.
I applied it with my MAC 150 brush, which is a large fluffy powder brush. I poured a little bit into the cap, swirled the brush into it, tap tap tapped off the excess, and applied it in a circular motion, the way I apply all powders.
It didn't blur imperfections, it didn't make me glow, and it didn't give me any special finish. It did mattify just the slightest bit, but then the initial shine of my foundation came back 20 seconds later. Later on in the day (I'm talking 4 hours into wear--in cold weather), my face got oily. Gross. I don't even have oily skin! I blame the oiliness on the face makeup, though, not this powder. Of course, MUFE doesn't market this powder to be mattifying. For that reason, I don't recommend this powder for those with oily skin. I don't understand how others here are saying that it controls oil!
It does make my face makeup last all day long (minus the oiliness), however, but honestly, any powder can do that!
The only thing that would make this powder worth purchasing, in my opinion, would be the fact that it photographs wonderfully. My pores aren't emphasized! Hence, the only time I wear this powder is for special occasions, when I use this on top of my MAC MSFN on top of my MUFE HD Foundation on top of my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (my go-to face routine for special occasions/photos). I would omit the MSFN if it weren't for the fact that this powder doesn't control oil.
Some people have mentioned this looking white on their face, but that's only because they applied too much. As with all translucent powders, only the tiniest amount of powder is necessary. Resist the urge to use more, as it's for sure going to leave a white cast--in person AND on camera!
It retails for $32 for a 0.35 oz. jar. Sephora also sells a mini $16 version of this for 0.17 oz. amount of product.
Would I repurchase? No.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(

I'm glad I got the sample size. It's great setting powder but in my experience I don't like the 'white-cast' result in a flash photo.
This is also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't really change the color of my foundation. I use it over my Mufe hd foundation. It does not make me look cakey. My skin is dry combo and I have to admit that this only kept me matte for like about 3 hours before the oil started to shine through.